PDA

View Full Version : MPG-Caps (fuel additive) - Anyone heard/use them?

94dc2tegz
17-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey guys,

MPG caps are these pills you pop into ur tank before a fill up to give u more fuel economy? Sounds really sus to me and i refuse to use them atm but i was given some as a present lol so now i'm curious about them.

They even came with a broacher! haha... long story short is that they apparently forming a thin layer of some catalyst that can alter the burning curve of combustion making fuel burn quicker? Allowing for a faster and more complete furl burn which is beneficial?

The things they claim are:

Improved fuel economy
Increased power
Protection of valves
Reduction of carbon build-up
Reduction of greenhouse gases
Elimination of ping and dieseling
Increased octane in lower grade fuels
Prolonged life of, spark plugs, glow plugs and valves.

They even claim a 7%-14% in savings for long termed use!

I kinda sound like i'm adverting lol... but i'm not. Obviously the broacher only has good things to say. What I want to know now is the not so good things that they don't tell you about.

Anywho, if anyone knows anything about it or similar products feel free to comment.

AzKik-R
17-02-2008, 09:25 PM
One of my mates in Taiwan uses these, and swears by them, mind you, he's not that much into cars and stuff.

aaronng
17-02-2008, 09:45 PM
If you had a kid, would you give him unknown untested pills that the brochure claims that would increase his stamina by 7%?

destrukshn
17-02-2008, 09:46 PM
If you had a kid, would you give him unknown untested pills that the brochure claims that would increase his stamina by 7%?
ecstasy they call it.
lol.

aaronng
17-02-2008, 09:53 PM
ecstasy they call it.
lol.
Those are tested. LOL

destrukshn
17-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Those are tested. LOL
but the pills are still unknown, due to the fact, that some work and some don't
lol
lol.

aaronng
17-02-2008, 10:07 PM
but the pills are still unknown, due to the fact, that some work and some don't
lol
lol.

That's because most of them put glass and rat poison to get a stronger effect at a cheaper price.

94dc2tegz
17-02-2008, 10:34 PM

well yea, obviously as i've stated that i haven't dared to use them yet or ever at that. but i was more curious to see what ppl knew about these magical beans that u place into ur tank. and the 'science' behind it i guess...

if they were so good y aren't they used more commonly? and so on so fourth.

there's always a catch. I just wanna know what it is. thats all.

AKmotorworks
17-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Do Not Put It In Thanks That Is All ;)

94dc2tegz
28-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Alternatively if some brave soul wishes to test them for the benefit of OH you can have mine lol.

CB7_OWNER
28-05-2008, 02:57 PM
For example... RON 98 is the highest octane we can get at local station...it is also proven that it provides better fuel economy.. it it also believed by many people that it provides more power... But why?? If not because it burns faster.. and allowing a more complete combustion.. but i precisely reading somewhere is because higher octane petrols actually burn slower..hence the lower fuel consumption...

So in regards to what you said about, it burning faster = good..i doubt it

94dc2tegz
28-05-2008, 03:04 PM
well i was merely reading off the brochure.

I think it's quite established that Andy does NOT want me to use these hahaha and i'm not tempted to but I was just curious to see if they actually work or if it was a blatant scam.

They have all these fancy websites and read material and all these things trying to justify their product and hooked my mate in too who was really for these babies! He's all like "try it! whats the worst it could do?!" Leaving me in an awkward position cuz I really don't want to haha.

So I just wanted to know more about them so I could go back and rub it in his face.

MikeyG
28-05-2008, 03:38 PM
dude its sus... my mate got it aswell put it in.. btw he has a 93 eg vti... he said his puttin 40 buxs every 4 days... its a scam and doesnt do shyt dude.. he hasnt used them.. now he says 40 buxs every 2 weeks..