PDA

View Full Version : Panel beating question

civic-dream
17-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi guys,

I was hoping someone with a bit a panel beating knowledge could shed some light on the amount of work involved in repairing some crash damage on my car..

I've got a substantial dent on the rear panel/guard over my rear wheel and for EK's the rear guards and roof form one large panel on the car.

Is this one of the worse places to have crash damage? since you can't simply remove this section and panel beat it since its a part of the main shell of the car?

how will the panel beater repair the damage?

steve88
17-02-2008, 06:33 PM
best bet is take a photo and show us the damage

civic-dream
17-02-2008, 06:51 PM
here's the damage

Jarkz
17-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Side looks repairable to me, not sure what your on about with the roof?

steve88
17-02-2008, 07:13 PM
i had a dent like that but it didnt go all the way to the bottom of the panel, it was more upper quarter, the panelbeater just "pulled" it back.

other damage is also fixed like this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXWZZsvvj-U

but if you damaged the channels within the side skirts, its not fixable

Sir_vtec
17-02-2008, 08:30 PM
its not the roof but it leads to the egde of the roof. normally if its that one large panel and they cant fix it they would cut the part off that has bents or dents and replace with another panel of the same cut shape then weld it and sand it down.

dupac->
18-02-2008, 01:14 AM
yeah they can try and hit it out as much as possible and maybe do some bog work on it.

or they can do a cut n shut.

cutting off the section and weld i think its sheet metal to replace. or even replace it with an oem rear quarter. that section can be taken out, by remove spot welds and snipping parts here n there. that whoel panel can be replaced with abit of cutting welding and patience

dupac->
18-02-2008, 01:16 AM
but i tihnk in ur case they might just hit it out and straighten it out with some bog

since the dent seems to be a cleaner dent

civic-dream
25-02-2008, 09:18 PM
thanks for the advice guys...

anyone know roughly how much i'd expect to pay for damage like this? just so i know i'm not getting ripped off if i get it fixed?/?

rayb3na_
25-02-2008, 10:35 PM
dw you can buff that out =D