PDA

View Full Version : engine runs rich and bogs out slightly on idle

MikeLary
18-02-2008, 11:55 AM
hey fellas i didnt know if i should put this in the forced induction section or not but here goes:

my civic when idling will sometimes show as running fairly rich all the sudden and make a lumpy feel (like misfiring or something) when i accelerate the car feels powerless for that few seconds unless i back of the accelerator and pres sit again (then itll be fine)

when driving its perfect, no problems, just on idle to take off...

this isnt not happening all the time but about once or twice a day which is bizare, however the idle is very lumpy all the time...

im thinking its not tune related as i tried it with stock ecu and injectors (hence why i posted in non forced section, mods if u feel this topic should be moved please do so)

what could it be/

tekung89
18-02-2008, 12:19 PM
are u playing with the fuel in anyway or has it been untouch as in stock injectors, and ecu. the car tuned at all? is the car turbod?

dupac->
18-02-2008, 12:24 PM
im thinking its not tune related as i tried it with stock ecu and injectors

what do you mean by this?

check ur fuel filter spark plugs and leads.

MikeLary
18-02-2008, 12:39 PM
the car is turbod, tunned with emanage with bigger injectors, however as I wanted to issolate the issue to not being the tune or the injectors, i removed the bigger injectors and put the stock ones back in, and reset the emanage map to be 0 (no change to stock ecu map) across the board.

fuel filter was changed recently... same with spark plugs , leads what am i checking for with them?

Limbo
18-02-2008, 12:56 PM
sounds like your getting too much fuel. Was the emanage tuned for the bigger injectors?

MikeLary
18-02-2008, 01:25 PM
yea it is, on a dyno, this doesnt happen all the time like i said, if it was tunned to give too much fuel itll always be rich, usually runs fine just once or twice a day itll richen and bog out on its own :(

i tried this with the emanage set to 0 and stock injectors in, as i mensioned earlier and same thing happens

MikeLary
19-02-2008, 06:10 PM
ooops maybe i shouldve put this in the turbo section, i fixed it (or its a coverup) but what i did is go into emanage and raise the duty cycle by 20% on idle ... this fixed the idle its not like a stock car...

im guesing this could be required for the spark plugs having a small gap size (0.028")...

i hope this helps anyone experiencing similar issues.

i put bigger injectors back in and did the same thing and it works great

mattchuej8
25-06-2008, 06:44 PM
mike, lol sorry.
but your inbox is full.

let me know when its not pls :)

MikeLary
25-06-2008, 06:50 PM
now :)

Lukezen27
28-06-2008, 11:55 PM
ooops maybe i shouldve put this in the turbo section, i fixed it (or its a coverup) but what i did is go into emanage and raise the duty cycle by 20% on idle ... this fixed the idle its not like a stock car...

im guesing this could be required for the spark plugs having a small gap size (0.028")...

i hope this helps anyone experiencing similar issues.

i put bigger injectors back in and did the same thing and it works great

Man I've got this idle problem and its been driving me mad lol

Where in the e-manage did you change the duty cycle by 20% on idle?

Hey have you tried that anti-engine Stall function?