PDA

View Full Version : CD stacker Jammed again

martizzle
18-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I have the oem head unit 6 stacker approx a year ago i was playing a cd when i decided to change cds....when it decided to stop working, i could load cds ejects cds but it just wouldnt play any...thats when i thread searched euro head unit removal and got a great diy.. i took the stacker unit to a place in braeside that honda told me to take it to, they told me the mechanise had to be replaced. $300..... :( and it worked again.....now seven months later it has occured again.....you see the thing is when you get a replacment even if its the whole unit the warranty is only 6 months.....Now i was wondering if any body here has had this problem and knows how to fix it without getting a new $300 "mechanism" i'm sure its an easy fix coz it was an easy break...i mean i shouldn't have to be worried everytime i press cd 1 cd 2 cd 3 etc. Thanks in advanced...

aaronng
18-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Shit happens, and many have reported this problem. Do yourself a favour and spend $150 on an xcarlink mp3 player. Plugs into your audio system and you can control it through the steering wheel controls.

tony1234
18-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I have the oem head unit 6 stacker approx a year ago i was playing a cd when i decided to change cds....when it decided to stop working, i could load cds ejects cds but it just wouldnt play any...thats when i thread searched euro head unit removal and got a great diy.. i took the stacker unit to a place in braeside that honda told me to take it to, they told me the mechanise had to be replaced. $300..... :( and it worked again.....now seven months later it has occured again.....you see the thing is when you get a replacment even if its the whole unit the warranty is only 6 months.....Now i was wondering if any body here has had this problem and knows how to fix it without getting a new $300 "mechanism" i'm sure its an easy fix coz it was an easy break...i mean i shouldn't have to be worried everytime i press cd 1 cd 2 cd 3 etc. Thanks in advanced...
Go back and ask them can they fix it as a good will gesture as it's out of warranty by only 1 mth.If they won't go for that ask then to repair it at a reduced price.If the service guy says no to both options ask to see someone higher up.Be firm but not rude/demanding/difficult.I'd be surprised if you don't get a favourable outcome.Remember:).

martizzle
19-02-2008, 10:19 AM
hmmm ok so know one knows how too fix it, well, im gonna take it out tonight and see if there is anything obviously wrong with it, i'm really good at breaking things more than their were originally :D So if i do then i will go the xcarlinkythingy option, is that $150 installed, or just for the unit? i know i know, i havent searched the threads yet :o

aaronng
19-02-2008, 10:56 AM
1st: Go to the dealer and see if it is covered under warranty since it is only 1 extra month. Bring your whole car, not just the unit.
2nd: If it is not covered, then the xcarlink is $150, plus shipping and install. It's really easy to install. Or buy someone who has done it here a carton of beer in exchange for installation.

martizzle
19-02-2008, 12:11 PM
1st: Go to the dealer and see if it is covered under warranty since it is only 1 extra month. Bring your whole car, not just the unit.
2nd: If it is not covered, then the xcarlink is $150, plus shipping and install. It's really easy to install. Or buy someone who has done it here a carton of beer in exchange for installation.

2nd option sounds good... i'll let you guys know when i get the xlink. apprx 2 weeks........ Slab anyone??? :p

racerwannabe
19-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah go with the xcarlink. I just installed mine and it was pretty easy if you have the instructions which u can get off youtube. I put mine in the glove box to avoid drilling through anything.. the delivery was fast too..approx 2 days.

martizzle
20-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah go with the xcarlink. I just installed mine and it was pretty easy if you have the instructions which u can get off youtube. I put mine in the glove box to avoid drilling through anything.. the delivery was fast too..approx 2 days.

Coolies sounds good :D does it take sd cards aswell as usb drives, and if it does take sd cards is it hcsd compatible.... what is the biggest usb drive anyone has used with it

racerwannabe
20-02-2008, 05:31 PM
The usb version of the xcarlink does have a SD slot but i dont know if its HCSD? I think it can handle up to 12 folders and 99 titles per folder..pls correct me if im wrong.