PDA

View Full Version : FN2 or 10g Upgrade to FD2

danny_mart
18-02-2008, 04:41 PM
hey just wondering what peoples opinion are..

sellin my fd2 and buying a civic type r

or

Doing 10 grand upgrade to my fd2

aaronng
18-02-2008, 04:44 PM
10 grand???? Get a GTI?

EK4R
18-02-2008, 04:57 PM
fn2. its not really that bad actually. :)

10g spent on ur fd2 , u wont make most of the back when u part or sale.

dmx
18-02-2008, 05:00 PM
depend what kind of person u r
if u like mods, just spend 10g; if dont, get ctr
same dilemma like my fren, buy fd2r but cant go mods
or just get fd2, and can do plenty of mods.

dmx
18-02-2008, 05:03 PM
fn2. its not really that bad actually. :)

10g spent on ur fd2 , u wont make most of the back when u part or sale.
mods is not kind of investment. it's just a hobby, just a pleasure.
u can't measure ur enjoyment with money. if u can get back, that's a bonus;)

EK4R
18-02-2008, 05:05 PM
^^ true

but i would still take the fn2 over a modded fd2. i rather mod that , more protential. but i guess budget is his issue

dmx
18-02-2008, 05:07 PM
^^ true

but i would still take the fn2 over a modded fd2. i rather mod that , more protential. but i guess budget is his issue
yeah, right. if get fn2 and go mods, means need 20g LOL:D

Double R
18-02-2008, 06:18 PM
No matter what you do you'll never get the upgrade to be as good as the FN2.

But you should do the upgrade to provide some inspiration.

danny_mart
18-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Well ive only had the civic for about 2 weeks.

but my brother has had it for a year and half and i only payed
half price for the car so he would be annoyed if i sold it and ended
up with a better car then what he had and saved for.

But at this stage im still thinking the FN2 as there are not that many
performance mods which will make it as quick as the FN2 unless anyone
can proove me wrong.

At this stage what performance mods are available in Aus for FD2

JaCe
18-02-2008, 10:58 PM
If it was me I'd go FD2 with the mods purely because I'd want the car for a hobby rather than anything else. Starting to have more parts like turbo kits and what not coming out, so if you're willing to take 'chances', you could be one of the first to have a fully modified Civic? Most people who modify the FD Civic are like me and still need to retain the reliability and daily-driver side of things since it's our primary form of transport.

Mr_will
18-02-2008, 11:13 PM
how long are you going to keep the car for?

are you realistic about the depreciation on the mods?

if it was me, id sell it and buy a GTI, but hey.

modded fd2 > fn2r

k20a/k24a frank conversion, coilovers a few thicker/extra braces and you have one sweeet ass ride. you could even just get a low km k20a if you wanted something a little more reliable

fasthonda
18-02-2008, 11:34 PM
I would go for the FN2.The $10,000 mods would be great however I doubt that you will get even 10% of the money you spent when you sell it or worse ,trade it in.
If you want something with power forget the the GTI. I don't know what some people are thinking recommending one of the slowest factory turbos on the market with spongy handling:confused:If you don't prefer the Fn2 go for a Megane RS and if your budget allows it go for the cup version with the upgraded sports suspension.

BusterSonic12
19-02-2008, 12:04 AM
GET K20A with the $10k and put it into a FD2

Mingy
19-02-2008, 03:34 AM
15g including labour to transform your aussie fd into jdm fd2. i know where to source every part from interior and exterior. although its only complete visual conversion, no performance mods whatsoever. if interested, of course.

xqwzit
19-02-2008, 06:58 AM
save ur money and just drive it as is

denot
19-02-2008, 09:47 AM
save ur money and just drive it as is

agree... or start modding it slowly and dont focused on transforming it to FD2R... be more creative and dont just copy the FD2R... :thumbsup:

also, bro of danny_mart... you should've create a new account so ppl wont start calling u danny :p

aaronng
19-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Will be funny (and frustrating) if he ended up spending 10g to make his FD2 look like an FD2R and the real FD2R ended up being brought in as a Honda Aus model......

BTW, spending so many 10gs to make it LOOK like an FD2R is silly...... Spending 10gs to make it perform like one is more worth it in my opinion. :)

Frost_FD
19-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Please do not make a big mistake and buy a FN2 it really isnt worth it. I've driven the Integra Type S and FN2 and the FN2 does not come close to it.

I agree with others to save your money and just mod it here and there, you will be much more satisfied IMO

denot
19-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Please do not make a big mistake and buy a FN2 it really isnt worth it. I've driven the Integra Type S and FN2 and the FN2 does not come close to it.

I agree with others to save your money and just mod it here and there, you will be much more satisfied IMO

Or just by the ITS!!! FTW!!! XD

UNLS1
19-02-2008, 12:40 PM
ive driven a type S integra, and id take the FN2 any day, better vision, better seats, better sounding ect.

denot
19-02-2008, 12:41 PM
ive driven a type S integra, and id take the FN2 any day, better vision, better seats, better sounding ect.

hey UNLS1 you should add "front" between 'better' and 'vision' there :p

danny_mart
19-02-2008, 01:04 PM
also, bro of danny_mart... you should've create a new account so ppl wont start calling u danny :p

i tried to but it wouldnt let me sign up with a hotmail email address

Well the thing is you loose so much money when u mod a car.
the re sale value is pretty much the same as if u spent no money on the car.

I spoke to danny and he was pretty cut i was selling it but he said its up
to me as long as its honda haha.

i can pick up a demo right now black for 37g which has tinting, mats and front & side skirts. I was happy with my fd but then parents went to look at the crv and then i went saw the type r and cant stop thinkin about getting one haha.

denot
19-02-2008, 01:08 PM
then i went saw the type r and cant stop thinkin about getting one haha.

thats your cue ;) no need to ask anyone :thumbsup:

xqwzit
19-02-2008, 03:22 PM
OR get a ep3 and spend 10g on it
10x better than fn2
i wont even look at a fn2 in honda showroom..

cracker
19-02-2008, 03:42 PM
yeahh man get the fn2r and get that extreme package off J-tune that supercharger one!!!!!!

r-r-redEuro
20-02-2008, 05:44 PM
OR get a ep3 and spend 10g on it
10x better than fn2
i wont even look at a fn2 in honda showroom..

I would agree with xqwzit and buy a ep3 and mod that OR mod your FD ( engine wise ) and try to have the same performance as the FD2R, that would be fun.

But in the end its up to you what you feel like doing.

danny_mart
20-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Well went to honda today and got qouted for brand new black type r
which would be ready in a week...

It ended up being between 11-13 grand change over price with my civic
but they will have to do a full inspection of my car.

So just thinking how to prepare my car for the weekend. At the moment
there is a muffler on it is it worth taking it off and putting the stock sport
muffler on with the chrome tips. 50dollars to change that.

Take my rims off and put stock 16inch honda civic sport rims back on which
have only been 2000kms so are pretty much brand new.

tell me what you guys think is best....im gettin excited :) haha

SuperSteve
20-02-2008, 06:24 PM
why dont u climb aboard the ep3 train and purchase a jdm ep3 civic type r =p quicker then the new type r and if u want a good track car ep3 is the car for u hehehe GO ON DO IT ! ! !

Also i got my car dyno'ed recently. Its stock as a rock and pumps out 119.3kw at the wheels. The ep3 is a rocket ! ! !

danny_mart
20-02-2008, 07:05 PM
why dont u climb aboard the ep3 train and purchase a jdm ep3 civic type r =p quicker then the new type r and if u want a good track car ep3 is the car for u hehehe GO ON DO IT ! ! !

Also i got my car dyno'ed recently. Its stock as a rock and pumps out 119.3kw at the wheels. The ep3 is a rocket ! ! !

haha dont worry ive seen everything you have written about ur ep3.
They sound good but i dont like the shape or look of them. Spose its
just a personal opinion plus im not going to be thrashing it to hard or
racing it so doesnt really matter that much about speed just something
to have a little fun in.

m0nty ITR
20-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I would go for the FN2.The $10,000 mods would be great however I doubt that you will get even 10% of the money you spent when you sell it or worse ,trade it in.
If you want something with power forget the the GTI. I don't know what some people are thinking recommending one of the slowest factory turbos on the market with spongy handling:confused:If you don't prefer the Fn2 go for a Megane RS and if your budget allows it go for the cup version with the upgraded sports suspension.

When did the FN2 become a rocketship?

A simple ECU reflash nets the 2.0FSI Turbo a healthy 192kW and 400nm of torque. You wanna show us how a K20 can get 45kW from less than $2k?

xqwzit
20-02-2008, 10:11 PM
^that is so true

fasthonda
20-02-2008, 10:29 PM
When did the FN2 become a rocketship?

A simple ECU reflash nets the 2.0FSI Turbo a healthy 192kW and 400nm of torque. You wanna show us how a K20 can get 45kW from less than $2k?

He we go, another one on the GTI bandwagon.

If you think that the GTI is Sooo fast buy one then.A simple reflash on a Megane will give you 210 Kw and 420 NM.You want to keep on goin with examples?

The FN2 is not a rocket ship,but neither is the Golf GTI.Start mucking around with turbos you better know what changes need to be made if you want your motor and drive train to survive.

denot
21-02-2008, 08:49 AM
if u want a rocket ship, buy a Bugatti Veyron :p

97EK1
21-02-2008, 10:00 AM
the New type R will always be worth it for resale alone, think about how much DC2's are still going for and thats for an at minimum 7 year old HONDA. and about the EP3 route if you damage an EP3 how are parts for them over here, i know we have the four door hatch but do parts change over?

GupZ
21-02-2008, 10:02 AM
if u want a rocket ship, buy a Bugatti Veyron :p

LOL....

GupZ
21-02-2008, 10:04 AM

Dun you read the post in UK honda forum saying that FN2 has 123Kw ATW?

aaronng
21-02-2008, 10:11 AM
He doesn't have to buy what you think is best. He just has to buy the car that he will be happy with. :)

EP3Rs are very nice. Always turns my head. Eventhough it is the same chassis, they are much better looking and aggressive compared to the local EP hatches.

BTW, my Euro did 119.5kW ATW on a Dynamics dyno, with an AUDM DC5R pulling 123kW. Which dyno did you use?

xqwzit
21-02-2008, 01:07 PM
^LOL at the deleted msgs

Jaso
21-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Why not a used 350Z? Used S2000?

aaronng
21-02-2008, 01:30 PM

Insurance reasons perhaps? Maybe he wants a 4-seater?

r-r-redEuro
21-02-2008, 03:09 PM
BTW, my Euro did 119.5kW ATW on a Dynamics dyno, with an AUDM DC5R pulling 123kW. Which dyno did you use?

WOW and thats stock as rock as well aaron ? o.O damn goood !

aaronng
21-02-2008, 03:32 PM
WOW and thats stock as rock as well aaron ? o.O damn goood !

Different dyno to the EP3R owner though. And maybe the dyno reads high and the DC5R was the one pulling low numbers. I've driven other stock Euros that are noticeably more powerful (and others that are weaker) than mine, even with my numb butt dyno!

danny_mart
21-02-2008, 08:15 PM

S2000 not my style

350Z im not that rich haha

well what you guys reckon gettin my car valued at honda on sat.

Stock 16inch Sport rims or 18 inch Black Zinic

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/PA2400621.jpg

vs

Not my car but u get the picture.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/Honda_civic_a06.jpg

r-r-redEuro
21-02-2008, 08:17 PM
You wont get much out of it from honda then you do from private sales. You lose about 3 - 4 grand from Honda then private sales, Just to let you know

Jaso
21-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeh dude check redbook. Compare the trade in value againt the average private sale price. Usually you loose quite a few g's.

danny_mart
21-02-2008, 08:41 PM
well the type r is 42 drive away yeh...
well in the end change over price was gonna be 11-12 grand but
my car has to be valued properly.
so i thought at worst it will be 30 which is pretty good
doubt i will get much more then that private sale. but then again who
knows if the type r is actually 42 drive away
but even if i put it on carsales u reckon
rims or stock rims

aaronng
21-02-2008, 08:59 PM
well the type r is 42 drive away yeh...
well in the end change over price was gonna be 11-12 grand but
my car has to be valued properly.
so i thought at worst it will be 30 which is pretty good
doubt i will get much more then that private sale. but then again who
knows if the type r is actually 42 drive away
but even if i put it on carsales u reckon
rims or stock rims

Are your stock rims the 17"? You can also sell those seperately.

danny_mart
21-02-2008, 09:28 PM
no 16" the civic sport 06 camde with 16inch
civic 07 came with the 17inch rims

aaronng
21-02-2008, 11:45 PM
So has the dealer valued your car yet?

danny_mart
22-02-2008, 01:20 PM
So has the dealer valued your car yet?

No the valuer wasnt there but the guy gave me an estimate.
going tomorrow to get all the deals set up im nervous haha.

bodaas
22-02-2008, 04:42 PM
swt, if you havent bought your FD in the first place
you will save lot of money from doing this.

if i was you before bought your fd i just go strait buy 50k+ worth of car
its like you buying fn for 42k+trade in, i definetely wont take into account of enjoying fd before you purchasing fn because definately the same ride
this like you start buying basic of model civic for a start, sell it and buy the sport one for the same year model lol thats money waster
both are 8th generation my07 civic and both are call "civic"
unless you talking bout purchasing the 9th generation.
even if i got other same year model of honda i wont trade it for the same year, just because you like it, car is not like pancake

but i have no offense to your decision good luk 4 your fn, dnt forget :wave: whn you see fn around lol

aaronng
22-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Nah, FN2 is still quite a big difference from an FD2 Sport. I think if it was me, I'd smile everyday when I see the FN2 in the morning. It looks stunning in real life.

m0nty ITR
22-02-2008, 05:53 PM
He we go, another one on the GTI bandwagon.

If you think that the GTI is Sooo fast buy one then.A simple reflash on a Megane will give you 210 Kw and 420 NM.You want to keep on goin with examples?

The FN2 is not a rocket ship,but neither is the Golf GTI.Start mucking around with turbos you better know what changes need to be made if you want your motor and drive train to survive.

You made the original claim that the GTI was slow. I just disproved it. The APR reflash is totally safe. The drivetrain for the GTI is good for up to 600nm. No issues there whatsoever. Check out some of the heavily modified track examples in EU. They all run standard drivetrain with just a HD clutch.

m0nty ITR
22-02-2008, 05:55 PM
No the valuer wasnt there but the guy gave me an estimate.
going tomorrow to get all the deals set up im nervous haha.

Be very wary. How can they offer a $10k changover if the new price for a Sport is $10k less than the FN2R? They're essentially offering you the brand new RETAIL price for your car. I smell a rat. The Honda sales boys here will tell you the same. Nothing is certain until you have it from the sales manager. Just a word of warning.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Stig
22-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Be very wary. How can they offer a $10k changover if the new price for a Sport is $10k less than the FN2R? They're essentially offering you the brand new RETAIL price for your car. I smell a rat. The Honda sales boys here will tell you the same. Nothing is certain until you have it from the sales manager. Just a word of warning.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

thank you that someone has said that in this thread...
i was thinking... around 30k for a trade in 06 sport? now way...
IMO... i think your gonna get around 24-25k for the trade in... but hey i might be wrong in the end... we get to find out the value of the car tmr hehe

denot
22-02-2008, 06:30 PM
he bought it from his brother, only less than $20k i think for a FD2 is a good price!!!

swt, if you havent bought your FD in the first place
you will save lot of money from doing this.

if i was you before bought your fd i just go strait buy 50k+ worth of car
its like you buying fn for 42k+trade in, i definetely wont take into account of enjoying fd before you purchasing fn because definately the same ride
this like you start buying basic of model civic for a start, sell it and buy the sport one for the same year model lol thats money waster
both are 8th generation my07 civic and both are call "civic"
unless you talking bout purchasing the 9th generation.
even if i got other same year model of honda i wont trade it for the same year, just because you like it, car is not like pancake

but i have no offense to your decision good luk 4 your fn, dnt forget :wave: whn you see fn around lol

danny_mart
24-02-2008, 06:58 AM
I am now a proud owner of a brand new honda civic type r - black. And have one week left of the FD

yay haha Not sure if your ment to tell ur Model No but mine was - 06** of 1200

well went to central coast honda (as hornsby honda didnt budge) yesterday to do a deal ended up being 10,500grand change over which i think a few of you had in doubt but took me close to 4 to 4 and half hours to get that deal. Extras will be listed below

my car value was 29,500.00 with 18inch Zinic Rims.(rims value plus tyres - 1500 brand new)
plus have to hand in the original honda civic sport rims.
take out the HID and replace with original bulbs which dont mind cause
HID are worth more and can be sold to someone.
Car Damage - Missing little black cover bit in the Left Fog Light, Brackets broken on the front windscreen where the wipers are held putting them out of place, Crack on Dash under Steering wheel, Back of rear seat been cut to hide wires and hold amps, Screw hold on passenger side underneath to the side of the glove box for voltage metre plus just general wear and tear of things.
Civic Sport Kms - 34,000

Type r price including delivery - 38,190
Including all on roads - 39,500
Total price inlcuding Extras - 40,000

Extras include - Premium Plates, Six Star Paint Rust Fab Protection, Floor Mats, Umbrella, Type R Keyrings, Free Road side assistants 24hours plus extra 3 year warranty on top of the original 3 years and 175,000kms

All up i think was pretty awesome day happy with the deal.

Original Price of 06 civic sport bought April 06 - 37,500 Including Paint Leater Rust protection, On Roads, Accent Lighting, Premium Plates, Bass Works, Rear Spoiler.

Sorry FD club from my brother danny

And Hello FN club from me haha

m0nty ITR
24-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Great deal. IMO they paid way too much for your trade in and you got a great discount for the FN2. It's official. The FN2 is being carved. Just 6 months after it's launch. The GTI has nowhere near that flexibility and has been out for 3 years this May.

Well done. Enjoy the new car.

denot
24-02-2008, 08:18 AM
yo bro of danny (cant remember if you mention your name yet or not :p) gratz on the pruchased!!! and thanks for the info of your trade-in price... now I kno how much roughly my trade-in price as well if i want to swap to something else :p

Double R
24-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Great deal. IMO they paid way too much for your trade in and you got a great discount for the FN2. It's official. The FN2 is being carved. Just 6 months after it's launch. The GTI has nowhere near that flexibility and has been out for 3 years this May.

Well done. Enjoy the new car.

What do you mean by being carved?

Double R
24-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Holy shit that is a good deal. I got my CTR in the first week of July 07 (one of the very first to get it) and Hornsby Honda wouldn't budge. I managed to get $43,500 driveaway.

Oh well. I'm waiting for the Honda CR-Z. When that comes out that'll be definitely added to my collection.

aaronng
24-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Good price on the FN2!

danny_mart
24-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Holy shit that is a good deal. I got my CTR in the first week of July 07 (one of the very first to get it) and Hornsby Honda wouldn't budge. I managed to get $43,500 driveaway.

Oh well. I'm waiting for the Honda CR-Z. When that comes out that'll be definitely added to my collection.

I live in hornsby and have bought
Oldest brother - civic 01
Middle Brother - civic sport
me - Type R
Mum - Accord Euro Luxury
and all have not been bought from hornsby honda. I think they have the whole north shore attitude expecting everyone to have more money.

yo bro of danny (cant remember if you mention your name yet or not :p) gratz on the pruchased!!! and thanks for the info of your trade-in price... now I kno how much roughly my trade-in price as well if i want to swap to something else :p

Well my name is luke. does anyone know how to change the profile name. as i cant sign up cause it wont let me use a hotmail account.

ALSO FORGOT TO WRITE IN DAMAGE - Stone chip in windscreen

defect
24-02-2008, 09:17 AM
seems like you got a great deal!!

m0nty ITR
24-02-2008, 10:04 AM
What do you mean by being carved?

Well the car is $39,990 plus ORC. He has bought the car for alot less than the retail price including the on roads. Carved is an term as in carving them up, tearing them up, tearing up money etc. He's got a great deal, but if I was an early FN2 owner I'd be pissed that they have already started discounting them so heavily. That $6k depreciation just became $10k. This is what effects your resale. In keeping the margin in car they are protecting resale. Imagine what they're doing for fleet buyers. That's what dictates the used car market for dealers. They look at their lowest selling price and calculate their wholesale purchase price at that.

What blows me away is the trade in price. My parents bought an FD Sport manual for $29,900 on road and he has been offered a wholesale price higher than the new car price. That just doesn't make sense. How do they expect to sell a used car that owes them more than a brand new 2008 model?

Hey Honda sales boys, have you seen this happening in Melbourne and Perth too?

Philip Lee
24-02-2008, 10:39 AM
man u got a great deal.

i guess the FN2R isnt easy to shift.

not good for the future of Type R in Aus.

JaCe
24-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeh I heard it's not selling that well... but I guess you can see this yourself from the lack of CTRs on the road.

danny_mart
24-02-2008, 11:38 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/Image021gf.jpg

just incase there is any people out there who dont believe me

Taken off my camera phone so pretty dodgy but still read able

Philip Lee
24-02-2008, 11:40 AM
danny, is your car 07 or 08 built?

thanks

danny_mart
24-02-2008, 12:00 PM
jan 08

fasthonda
24-02-2008, 12:18 PM
man u got a great deal.

i guess the FN2R isnt easy to shift.

not good for the future of Type R in Aus.

A number of people have complained about not having the FD2(Type R) in Australia-I don't know if it would sell any better or worse.I think the days of hardcore Type Rs-in Australia at least- could be gone.We probably won't see the likes of DC2R again -maybe in very limited runs.
The people that want an all rounder, out number the people that want some rawness in their cars.People have become very accustomed to creature comforts such as leather,auto gearbox,climate control etc etc..,I think that GTI has certainly had a large influence with having all creature comforts and options such as manual or dsg,leather ,sunroof ,2 door or 4 door etc.and still be able to offer "Hot hatch " performance.
I really don't know about the future of Type Rs in Australia as long as Honda Australia doesn't become just another bland car seller like Toyota-but I have to say,blandness does sell well in this country :(

OH! by the way congratulations danny_mart on the deal and your Type R .Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

bodaas
24-02-2008, 01:08 PM
jan 08

lol how you know the built date jan 08, have u seen the car already or they got the car in the showroom already

Philip Lee
24-02-2008, 01:12 PM
lol how you know the built date jan 08, have u seen the car already or they got the car in the showroom already

possibly written on the contract...

Mingy
24-02-2008, 08:49 PM
A number of people have complained about not having the FD2(Type R) in Australia-I don't know if it would sell any better or worse.I think the days of hardcore Type Rs-in Australia at least- could be gone.We probably won't see the likes of DC2R again -maybe in very limited runs.

you are exactly right.

-IMO what i don't get it is why did they shove us a HATCHBACK civic out of no where into our Australian Civic Sedan Lineup?? the logical lineup would be the VTI,VTI-L,SPORT (should've been called Type-S) and then TYPE-R(FD2 Sedan). they should've given the FN2R to the Americans because of their civic lineup or just the europeans. perfect example '06 USDM Civic Si. But don't get me wrong, the FN2R is a very good car, it looks great and i'm sure alotta people like it. but im sure more people dislike the idea of FN2R in AUS than the people who do. also i just don't think its worth 42G for a hatchback. sure. people can argue that many hatchback cars out there are about the same price. but those cars are totally a different class from honda. if this was a Peugeot. I got nothing to say. just my 2 cents :cool: cheers

danny_mart
24-02-2008, 09:20 PM

Its on the show room floor...

could of picked it up on tuesday but i have work all week so waiting till sat. Might even ring up and say can i pick it up late friday arvo.

dmx
24-02-2008, 09:59 PM
I live in hornsby and have bought
Oldest brother - civic 01
Middle Brother - civic sport
me - Type R
Mum - Accord Euro Luxury
and all have not been bought from hornsby honda. I think they have the whole north shore attitude expecting everyone to have more money.

Well my name is luke. does anyone know how to change the profile name. as i cant sign up cause it wont let me use a hotmail account.

ALSO FORGOT TO WRITE IN DAMAGE - Stone chip in windscreen

damn, ur FD2 have so much damage/broken :) inside and outside.
damn 2, is ur family surname HONDA ?
damn 3, after lost ur brother in FD club, looks like we'll lost the little brother too
:D:D:D
anyway, congrats with ur FN2, like aarong said, when u look in real, FN2 is awesome :thumbsup:

aaronng
24-02-2008, 10:50 PM
you are exactly right.

-IMO what i don't get it is why did they shove us a HATCHBACK civic out of no where into our Australian Civic Sedan Lineup?? the logical lineup would be the VTI,VTI-L,SPORT (should've been called Type-S) and then TYPE-R(FD2 Sedan). they should've given the FN2R to the Americans because of their civic lineup or just the europeans. perfect example '06 USDM Civic Si. But don't get me wrong, the FN2R is a very good car, it looks great and i'm sure alotta people like it. but im sure more people dislike the idea of FN2R in AUS than the people who do. also i just don't think its worth 42G for a hatchback. sure. people can argue that many hatchback cars out there are about the same price. but those cars are totally a different class from honda. if this was a Peugeot. I got nothing to say. just my 2 cents :cool: cheers
The general public would go for the Sport since the FD2R would be too harsh and boy-racer looking. As a result, sales would be low. But I think they were banking on the uniqueness of the FN2R to sell.

d15z1SUX
24-02-2008, 10:59 PM
get some coilovers and a turbo conversion i reckon?

m0nty ITR
25-02-2008, 03:46 PM
get some coilovers and a turbo conversion i reckon?

You mustn't have read the thread. He bought the FN2.

d15z1SUX
25-02-2008, 08:10 PM
thats good i guess. get the total package that way. and its stock still.

Double R
26-02-2008, 11:27 AM
You mustn't have read the thread. He bought the FN2.

He sure did. Much better than the DC5.

m0nty ITR
28-02-2008, 09:04 PM
He sure did. Much better than the DC5.

Troll much?

6ary
29-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Whatever you guys say, they ARE still selling, I bought my FN2 july last year and there were hardly any around.. now i see one every other day

moons
29-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey danny_mart, can you give us an update when you pick it up. Maybe a confirmation of that build date with a photo - I'm waiting to pickup an 08 build car too.

I payed a little more than you but I had LOTS of accessories as part of the deal. But yeah. They are definitely discounting these cars. While the arguments against it are mostly sound, I'm still putting my hand up for an official price drop in the near future.

My partner has just picked up a Golf GTI and in all honesty the GTI does seem far superior across the board, if a bit dull.

And if you think Type R's are selling - I've only seen six Type-Rs on Melbourne roads since August. I saw five GTI's on my way to work today!

bodaas
29-02-2008, 03:36 PM
too much replied for this topic, the more the reply the more people hate fn2r.
if you wanna buy it just buy it, end of story no one stop you
how much the price thats your choice how much you willing to pay

want to get 08 or 07, when you drive it wont make any different
they dont change the shape yet,
but you still paying the same price because its new :thumbsup:

denot
29-02-2008, 03:39 PM
too much replied for this topic, the more the reply the more people hate fn2r.
if you wanna buy it just buy it, end of story no one stop you
how much the price thats your choice how much you willing to pay

want to get 08 or 07, when you drive it wont make any different
they dont change the shape yet,
but you still paying the same price because its new :thumbsup:

er... this topic should be closed by now... he BOUGHT it already, so question answered... -_-"