PDA

View Full Version : Hondwreck On Westall Rd

jay_vtec
19-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey Just wondering does anyone know this place or maybe even work there?

are they pretty cheap with the wrecking parts?

ive rang a couple times and ive had no answer

just wondering before i make the trip down there

thanks

EK4R
19-02-2008, 05:14 PM
whats their number again? i seem to be getting different quotes everytime i go there for the same part

dc2dc2dc2
19-02-2008, 05:15 PM
your from south melb
yet u don't know hondawreck?
wow.

SiReal
19-02-2008, 05:28 PM
anybody with a helpful answer post here.

lol

I've had mixed experiences with Hondwreck - they can be very unprofessional in their attitude towards customer service. I wouldn't go there.

I HIGHLY recommend Imlachs on clayton road. Just call ahead on what parts you need, go in and the transaction can be completed in 5 minutes.. vs 1 hour to uninstall, etc..

dc2dc2dc2
19-02-2008, 05:36 PM
ummm
i've had good experience with hondawreck
lol
nice guys i rekon.

worst comes to worst
email the guys what u need
they usually reply to emails pretty quick with quotes for parts.

good luck man.

ZeForce
19-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I purchased my B20B8 short block from there, cant remember who I dealt with but he was a top bloke, very helpful and hooked me up with a good price. I would definitely buy from them again in the future.

jay_vtec
19-02-2008, 05:55 PM
nah man i know where they are i drive past there every bloody saturday but they are not open saturday...ive had some bad experiances with wrecking yards just wanted to know if these guys are all good

to be honest all i really need is a cargo liner for my boot you kno the wooden chip board thing that sit over the spare tyre...yeh one of those i cbf makin one myself got no time just wanted to know before i make the trip down there

panda[cRx]
19-02-2008, 05:57 PM
i've used them before with mixed experiences. most of the time i find them useless as they dont have what i need or do not want to seperate it, or they are asking a ridiculous price.

on a few rare occasions they have actually been helpful.

i usually use broger, hondaworld or imlachs if i need something from a wrecker.

i highly recommend broger if u can be bothered driving out to thomastown, they've helped me and had realy hard to get stuff when i have needed it

[JDM DC2]
19-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I used to fine them good but I have stopped going there because last time I went they were asking ridiculous prices for common parts. So i went to honda world in oakleigh and got it for half the price :)

jay_vtec
19-02-2008, 06:01 PM
where are they i am constantly in epping thomastown etc...my mrs lives over there :D where are they

ive only ever seen jap heaven on high st but ive heard they dont have many hondas mainly nissans

Red_EG4
19-02-2008, 06:15 PM
ummm
i've had good experience with hondawreck
lol
nice guys i rekon.

worst comes to worst
email the guys what u need
they usually reply to emails pretty quick with quotes for parts.

good luck man.
I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and got no reply.

Sydsyd
19-02-2008, 06:33 PM
nah man i know where they are i drive past there every bloody saturday but they are not open saturday...ive had some bad experiances with wrecking yards just wanted to know if these guys are all good

to be honest all i really need is a cargo liner for my boot you kno the wooden chip board thing that sit over the spare tyre...yeh one of those i cbf makin one myself got no time just wanted to know before i make the trip down there

they're open saturdays only for pickup...call them up, order, and pick up on sat...

i also was looking for that boot liner...i asked hondwreck, and they only have warped ones...so better go to hardware store and get them to cut for u...

I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and got no reply.

try calling them...ask to speak to the boss, he's nicer than the employee...

ZeForce
19-02-2008, 06:47 PM

Yeh I reckon the guy I dealt with was the manager there

Daved
19-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Imlachs in Clayton Rd are definitely more professional but never seem to very fast on the counter (sorry guys) but they are organised.
Hondwreck in Westall Rd (know Hondas backwards), friendly enough, not organised (truth hurts), lots of stuff, cash talks, prices variable I agree no remember-cash talks.
Honda (Auto?) Oakleigh (Clayton) friendly (know Hondas inside out), messy, lots of stuff, chatty, cash talks, old world attitude.
If you want perfect, warranty, plastic wrapped Imlachs is the professional (or for older stuff try Imlachs Pick A Part down the road in Centre Dandenong Rd, oodles of stuff and you can dead set get a bargain and dirty hands all for a $dollar entrance. Hondwreck & Auto are OK.

this opinion is given free lance with no 30days warranty, no exchanges, no slippery invoices and no receipt !:thumbsup:

jay_vtec
19-02-2008, 07:42 PM
they're open saturdays only for pickup...call them up, order, and pick up on sat...

i also was looking for that boot liner...i asked hondwreck, and they only have warped ones...so better go to hardware store and get them to cut for u...

STUPID QUESTION but what u mean by warped ones..like ones that are broken

Sydsyd
19-02-2008, 07:49 PM
not broken...they're bent;)

EK4R
19-02-2008, 08:49 PM
whats the number for Imlachs

z3lda
19-02-2008, 09:03 PM
whats the address and number of brogers

mrwillz
20-02-2008, 10:55 AM
imlach seems very expensive

hondawreck i've only been there once, and it was a positive experience.
they fixed up my headlight indicator plug and gave me free 2 globes and this was like an hour after closing time.

dont no the name of the guy but he seems cool

ToOLx
20-02-2008, 03:16 PM
When I dealt with hondwreck, I did it via email/phone from up here in Brisbane,
Guys name was Vincent pretty sure. This was when I had to buy a few odd parts for EF civic like
door handle surrounds, air vents etc.

Shipping parts up to Brisbane for about an extra $15.00 postage, got the goods in around 2 days from
down in Victoria. Decent price I would say for fairly random parts.

All in all if your looking for particulars I found them to be the easiest
to source such parts, due to them having a lot of the early 88 - 91 civics/crx car chassis's lieing around the yard. :)

DC4Integra98
20-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Haven't had a good experience at Hondwreck.

Their customer service is abysmal!
I had to wait 1-2hrs so that I could be served and then the guy got me the wrong thing!

I think they are overpriced from personal experience. But thats my opinion.

Kiki
20-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Should start a poll on good/bad experience with hondwreck

Mine was a bad experience, never went back, imlachs is good, can be expensive, its sometimes good to do a check on the genuine price as well, compared to some prices you get out of a wrecker

Kiki
29-02-2008, 12:41 PM
since my ;last post i have been back TODAY INFACT!!!

Called for the items, said i would be down shortly, got there and he said can u wait for a bit for the boss, im like yeh not too long though as i have work soon, 25min later i said "goodbye"

Was willing to buy there and then, but obviously i wasn't important enough

power_of_dreams
29-02-2008, 01:38 PM
anybody with a helpful answer post here.

lol

I've had mixed experiences with Hondwreck - they can be very unprofessional in their attitude towards customer service. I wouldn't go there.

I HIGHLY recommend Imlachs on clayton road. Just call ahead on what parts you need, go in and the transaction can be completed in 5 minutes.. vs 1 hour to uninstall, etc..

imlachs website doesn't have what they have in stock though..:thumbdwn:

jay_vtec
29-02-2008, 02:39 PM
as of such i still havnt been to hondawreck ive drven past there so many times since i started this post but everytime i do drive past im always in a rush however i found a spare minute to go to Jap Heaven in epping they were pretty good but most of their cars where friggen holdens....pretty sure when holdens die they dont go to jap heaven ;) lol anyway they had good service but damn it was expensive....i only posted this incase anyone was going to go there be preparded to spend big if you go there