PDA

View Full Version : fd2r importing??

warwick108
20-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Hello.. I've heard you cant import a fd2r into au melb?
well cant u buy a f2dr from jap.. pull the who damn thing apart..
then ship it to melb? a couple of parts at a time?
I know it would cost more.. but is it possible?? =))

|N|
20-02-2008, 02:31 AM
with enf $ nothing is impossible...

pretty stupid but

notahonda
20-02-2008, 06:31 AM
prolly be cheaper to put do an engine conversion and put a H22A engine in one and then turbo it :) ... if it is fits in to a civic that is

egads
20-02-2008, 07:55 AM
make a new friend at a honda dealer? $$$

prolly be cheaper to put do an engine conversion and put a H22A engine in one and then turbo it :) ... if it is fits in to a civic that is

wtf?

jeffske
20-02-2008, 07:58 AM

it would probably be cheaper to live in Japan for a year and bring it back as a personal effect

shadou
20-02-2008, 08:05 AM

????????

Drew
20-02-2008, 09:17 AM
a couple of parts at a time?

Bahahahah... you ****wit

Seriously who told this guy about this place?

Just ****ing search you pillock; I've posted so much info on import cars

aaronng
20-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Search is your friend. :)

Aco3n
20-02-2008, 11:34 AM
prefer to get 3 series ci instead of spending that amount of money on a civic..

EK4R
20-02-2008, 11:37 AM
it would probably be cheaper to live in Japan for a year and bring it back as a personal effect

can you even do that? i thought u had to be a jap citizen or something.

aaronng
20-02-2008, 11:40 AM
prefer to get 3 series ci instead of spending that amount of money on a civic..

Different cars, can't compare. One is a comfy coupe. The other is an uncomfortable track car. If you were comparing the 325ci against the FD2R, it would be no comparison if you were looking at just the handling and performance. Of course, using the FD2R for cruising would be silly. Horses for courses.

McChook
20-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Different cars, can't compare. One is a comfy coupe. The other is an uncomfortable track car. If you were comparing the 325ci against the FD2R, it would be no comparison if you were looking at just the handling and performance. Of course, using the FD2R for cruising would be silly. Horses for courses.
You've never driven a late model BMW have you...

Because an E90 coupe handles better than you might think.... BMW use what honda don't... caster... not to mention RWD, but that just adds to the BMWs performance.

warwick108
20-02-2008, 12:04 PM
if you love bmw so much.. why do you have a honda?..
and drew your a dumb****.. I'm your old ladies boyfriend..f*gg*t

McChook
20-02-2008, 12:12 PM

I don't, I drive a Nissan.

And where did I say I loved BMWs

Typical OzHonda, as soon as anything gets compared to a honda that might just be better, you get a quick eflaming...

NeoNode
20-02-2008, 12:15 PM

Because an E90 coupe handles better than you might think.... BMW use what honda don't... caster... not to mention RWD, but that just adds to the BMWs performance.
You can buy E92 coupes for the same price as a FD2R now... :confused:

Vinnie
20-02-2008, 12:27 PM
if you're going to go comparing all performance cars in a similar price range to the fd2r we are going to be a while...

in any case, idea by OP sounds pretty stupid (and rediculously expensive). afaik you do not need to be a jap citizen to be able to bring back a car as a personal effect after living there but still, u gonna go live in japan just to get a civic? :p

Aco3n
20-02-2008, 12:44 PM

coz I can't afford a bmw...

Double R
20-02-2008, 12:49 PM
I have an E46 M3. Great chassis and handling. It'll outperform any Honda. But I still love my Hondas!

bennjamin
20-02-2008, 01:06 PM
you can legally import a FD2R into OZ , as an off-road car only. (they are available)
Or you can live in japan for 1 yr and prove you have owned the car for 1 year with receipts etc , then bring it back here to OZ

qstoria
20-02-2008, 01:07 PM
what was the orignal topic of this thread again :confused:

Red_EG4
20-02-2008, 05:24 PM

Caster isn't that fancy, nothing like a shopping trolley for a car. I don't think caster causes large improvements in handling, simply straight line stability.

<4n'D>
20-02-2008, 06:03 PM

yes, it is good for what it is - a luxury car. however you seem to have no idea that the e90 weighs a good 400kg more and lacks about 5kw in peak power than the fd2r, not to mention track focused suspension among other things.

not saying that its not a good car because it certainly is for daily driving and cruising, but you're going no where comparing it to a track day special that is the fd2r. aaronng is totally right. horses for courses.

m0nty ITR
20-02-2008, 07:31 PM
This thread encompasses everything I hate about these forums.

Well done!

dmx
20-02-2008, 07:53 PM

but realize or not, BMW (and Merc) always 1 level above Honda.
whatever the reason, we always want at the higher (and highest) class (of everything).
FD2R or S350 (if same price, lets say talk bullshit), the choice is urs:thumbsup:

anyway, police ride horses for cruising :D

aaronng
20-02-2008, 09:44 PM
but realize or not, BMW (and Merc) always 1 level above Honda.
whatever the reason, we always want at the higher (and highest) class (of everything).
FD2R or S350 (if same price, lets say talk bullshit), the choice is urs:thumbsup:

anyway, police ride horses for cruising :D
FD2R and S350 are still different classes though... One does better on the track, the other better for daily driving and on the freeway. I think it is better to compare the Legend to the S350, but I'd pick the Merc if I could afford it. :)

jeffske
20-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I have an E46 M3. Great chassis and handling. It'll outperform any Honda. But I still love my Hondas!

NSX-R vs E46 M3 on a track
id put my money on the NSX-R

blk_shadow
21-02-2008, 09:14 PM

I'd still go for FD2R, for personal reasons after working in automotive industry for sometime now

aaronng
21-02-2008, 09:34 PM

NSX-R is probably 2.5 times the price of an E46 M3... how can you compare them?

jeffske
21-02-2008, 09:48 PM
NSX-R is probably 2.5 times the price of an E46 M3... how can you compare them?

well he made the blanket statement "It'll outperform any Honda"
NSX-R is a Honda, all i said was that it couldn't beat it

JaCe
21-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Back to the original topic post... am I the only one who says "wtf?". Send it in parts from Japan?

There are other countries which sell the FD2R which are nearer to Australia and much easier to bring into Aus. I admit I don't know much about it so I am a n00b, but I'm not... that dumb. >__>

As for the e92 vs. FD2R. Whilst you can't compare apples with oranges, a simple "which one would you pick?" is the best way to decide on the winner.

blk_shadow
21-02-2008, 10:04 PM
well he made the blanket statement "It'll outperform any Honda"
NSX-R is a Honda, all i said was that it couldn't beat it

most people look down at Honda and say 'its just a Honda with non turbo motor, a family car and a cruiser. it's just another jap car."

then I will say what the aussies love to say "you are a bl**dy idiot" "these are not just a straight line cars"

look at the history, the technology, R&D, chassis build behind it. lol

anyway, back to topic!

aaronng
21-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Even if you bring the FD2R in part by part and reassemble it here, you can't register it for road use.

Mingy
23-02-2008, 03:24 PM

would you take it up the ass for a jdm fd2? :cool:

Drew
23-02-2008, 03:45 PM
can you even do that? i thought u had to be a jap citizen or something.

Don't know about owning a car in Japan but to bring cars into Australia under Personal Import Scheme you need to be an Australian citizen or traveling to Australia on the appropriate visa (New Zealand qualifies immediately)...

Then there are all the other prerequisites you must meet before you are giving the import approval

shinji112
23-02-2008, 04:21 PM
if i was rich and DID NOT wanna live in japan for a year i would buy a normal FD civic.. buy a FD2R from japan or wherever they are sold..strip the shit out of it.. import parts in a container.. and then whack it onto my normal FD.. then sell those normal parts for spares! helluva lot of work.. but like i said earlier.. "if i was rich and DID NOT wanna live in japan for a year"

EuroAccord13
23-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I thought this thread is ABOUT IMPORTING AN FD2R into Australia and not about comparing cars???

Stick to the topic before this thread starts to see it's end of life

ShAwNeX
13-05-2008, 10:16 PM

Huge price difference