PDA

View Full Version : Info on Turboing an Accord Euro

Crapdaz
20-02-2008, 09:57 AM
I know this may sound very vague.

But what do you need to take into consideration when turboing your euro?

Any available turbos to suit the euro? Which i can't find any, or do you need a custom installation to fit whatever turbo you want.

Thanks guys,

Crapdaz the noob.:wave:

Darkii_
20-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey mate, Yfin posted up a thread awhile back about a turbo euro in germany.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46909&highlight=german

Not much more info i can help you with, I'm a noob at all this technical stuff =p

Crapdaz
20-02-2008, 10:42 AM
yeh i read that, was sick =)

tony1234
20-02-2008, 05:16 PM
In the states they supercharge them.Comptech make one for the Euro.Too many $$$by the time you get it shipped,fitted,reflash,compatibility issues etc.

TEMPTN
21-02-2008, 12:43 PM
anything is possible but all depends how deep your pocket can go
looking around 8k + to turbo the euros

EUR003act
21-02-2008, 09:36 PM
anything is possible but all depends how deep your pocket can go
looking around 8k + to turbo the euros

and you'll lose aircon, cruise control, vsa, traction control....

AKmotorworks
21-02-2008, 09:38 PM
not if u do it right.

EUR003act
21-02-2008, 10:00 PM
not if u do it right.

if you spend like $6000-7000 on motec and harness alone maybe you'll be able to keep them...

AKmotorworks
21-02-2008, 10:05 PM
lol, where'd you pull those figures?

who said motec is the only ecu available?

EUR003act
21-02-2008, 10:18 PM

the motec itself goes for around $3000-4000 depending which model u get (mil-spec) and then u need harness, which starts at $1500, then you need all the sensors at around $500 each....

i was just naming motec, i know theres a few others (autronic, microtech) but theyre still way up there in price...(autronic SM2 goes for like $14K:eek:) im not syaing it cant be done, anything can be done with enough money.... but i dont think he;d want to spend $12-15k on a turbo euro that he isnt built for racing

tron07
22-02-2008, 07:42 AM

why dont you write down some of your thoughts on how to turbo or supercharge a euro....

Crapdaz
22-02-2008, 02:08 PM
lol if money werent an issue...

guys thanks for your input.

=P

EUR003act
22-02-2008, 05:29 PM
why dont you write down some of your thoughts on how to turbo or supercharge a euro....

hehe thanks tron :p

appreciate it :thumbsup:

AKmotorworks
22-02-2008, 08:01 PM

Because its the same as any other car?

tony1234
22-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Because its the same as any other car?
OK,what's the breakdown parts wise,ECU etc. and approx.cost then?

Crapdaz
22-02-2008, 08:17 PM
yeh breakdown structure on what is required and approximation on cost would greatly help.

Many thanks guys!

AKmotorworks
22-02-2008, 09:14 PM
why dont u speak to a few people who do turbo conversions and read up a bit more about turbo conversions. ie parts u need are common knowledge nowadays, and u can understand what your going to need and want from that.

For some reason the euro owners i know think their cars are magically somehow different. Its not. A turbo conversion is still the same, manifold, turbo, intercooler etc etc.

tony1234
22-02-2008, 09:30 PM
why dont u speak to a few people who do turbo conversions and read up a bit more about turbo conversions. ie parts u need are common knowledge nowadays, and u can understand what your going to need and want from that.

For some reason the euro owners i know think their cars are magically somehow different. Its not. A turbo conversion is still the same, manifold, turbo, intercooler etc etc.
Well that's why we're asking you.Don't you do turbo conversions?:)

AKmotorworks
22-02-2008, 09:33 PM
yes if u want to do a turbo setup for your car, email me. Or if original poster wants to know about our setups, he can do the same, but please only if your serious.

grumpy rooster
22-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Guys. Everything is the same as any other turbo conversion. End of story. :)

EUR003act
24-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Guys. Everything is the same as any other turbo conversion. End of story. :)

so your telling me that all civics, preludes, del sols, integras, etc etc have drive by wire?

i dont think so... all of the other cars the conversion is easy. theres plenty of options, but theyre aint that much out there for dbw, ( at a reasonable price anyway)....

johnprocter
24-02-2008, 05:10 PM
do eeeet!!! be the first euro turbo in aus haha

aaronng
24-02-2008, 05:53 PM
so your telling me that all civics, preludes, del sols, integras, etc etc have drive by wire?

i dont think so... all of the other cars the conversion is easy. theres plenty of options, but theyre aint that much out there for dbw, ( at a reasonable price anyway)....

Easy to handle the DBW. Just get a Motec, Euro1 or Kpro'd K20A ECU with piggyback harness.

EUR003act
24-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Easy to handle the DBW. Just get a Motec, Euro1 or Kpro'd K20A ECU with piggyback harness.

but with all of them dont you loose vsa/air con/ traction control/cruise control?

aaronng
24-02-2008, 07:52 PM
but with all of them dont you loose vsa/air con/ traction control/cruise control?

Euro1 and kpro k20a piggyback = You retain vsa/aircon/traction/cruise control. But you lose immobiliser (immobiliser light is always on for the kpro).

Motec = not sure.

EUR003act
24-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Euro1 and kpro k20a piggyback = You retain vsa/aircon/traction/cruise control. But you lose immobiliser (immobiliser light is always on for the kpro).

Motec = not sure.

thanks bud :D

tron07
25-02-2008, 07:45 AM
So, how to get around these issues??? I am sure those traders who do conversion have some idea cause they say all the same....

cutchorama
26-02-2008, 01:15 PM
buy an s15

tron07
26-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I prefer a M3

johnprocter
26-02-2008, 03:21 PM
or take the plunge and do eeeeet!

cutchorama
26-02-2008, 05:30 PM
My mate had a M3 as his first car (he was 17 at the time) and ended up blowing a piston. Needed a whole new engine rebuild. Not too sure how he managed to do it.

I always thought the high to low cam wouldn't be that good for a turbo? Could you run it at high psi?

tron07
27-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Kid with a car more powerful then he can handle... or car with more computing power then his brain.... A plain vanila 320i would already make me happy now, and at 17 a toyota echo/yaris would do good as well.

ms700
27-02-2008, 08:23 PM
This is left of field, and i dont know much about the finer points of the Honda ECU tuning, but is there any way of re-programming them, ie the same as LS1 edit for Commodores, or SCT Flash software for Falcons?

Thats the ultimate. No piggybacks, just reprogram your ECU. No computer will ever run your car as good as the factory jobbie.

aaronng
27-02-2008, 10:15 PM
This is left of field, and i dont know much about the finer points of the Honda ECU tuning, but is there any way of re-programming them, ie the same as LS1 edit for Commodores, or SCT Flash software for Falcons?

Thats the ultimate. No piggybacks, just reprogram your ECU. No computer will ever run your car as good as the factory jobbie.
Where have you been the past 2 years?

ALN
28-02-2008, 07:40 PM

Nah... they do have DBW feature, Motec or Euro1, which you might get from their option and for sure you will not lose any of stock features. However the problem is the cost which is easily passed 2k without tuning

ms700
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Where have you been the past 2 years?

At ya mums house.

Sorry, i am new to the tuning/modifying side of Honda's ECU, please excuse my newbie type question and out of the square thinking.

EUR003act
03-03-2008, 08:59 PM
At ya mums house.

:eek:

bad bad move....

no one speaks to our aaronng like that.... no one!

hooyn
03-03-2008, 11:35 PM
^^^ ^^^^

agree, why make such a childish comment?

aaronng
04-03-2008, 12:48 AM
At ya mums house.

Sorry, i am new to the tuning/modifying side of Honda's ECU, please excuse my newbie type question and out of the square thinking.
I'll let that comment slide.... this time.

The reason I said that was because you described what the Hondata reflash was, and we have been waiting for 2 years for it. There is a huge thread on that.

cresa
04-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Just to give you an idea about turboing a K24.
I've got a Haltech running the fuel and spark on my car. There is no problems AT ALL!!
I'm thinking about turboing my car now.
I've spoken to both Hypertune and Haltech about the job and they said there is no problem at all with the job.
I would be looking at a internal wastegate GT30R with a front mount some bigger injectors and the unsual stuff that goes with it.
I would put back the stock airbox and i'd also leave the stock cat back.
Just so its quiet and so the cops don't hound me.

I've been quoted around 180fwkw with lots of torque everywhere.
This would be throught the auto and about 5-7 psi.

Hope this helps out with this topic.

Chris_F
04-03-2008, 07:53 PM
cresa, would love to know more about your ecu setup. If you have the time post up a thread with some details/info.

johnprocter
05-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I've got a Haltech running the fuel and spark on my car. There is no problems AT ALL!!
I've spoken to both Hypertune and Haltech about the job and they said there is no problem at all with the job.
I would be looking at a internal wastegate GT30R with a front mount some bigger injectors and the unsual stuff that goes with it.

could you run it at a higher psi?

aaronng
05-03-2008, 03:32 PM
could you run it at a higher psi?

I'm sure it's not the ECU limiting the amount of psi you can run. It's the stock block that is the limiting factor. Those rods are weak!

johnprocter
05-03-2008, 03:36 PM
can you replace them with something stronger?

aaronng
05-03-2008, 03:49 PM

Yes you can. It all depends on how much money you want to spend.

johnprocter
05-03-2008, 04:46 PM

If you were to go ahead with all this how much would it cost?

EUR003act
05-03-2008, 05:46 PM

06-07 euro has stronger rods than 03-05 euro... other wise brian crower make stronger conrods for the euro... along with race bearings, lightened cranks, forged pistons, you name it, they do it... not sure how much of it will fit the aus K24A3 as most of their stuff requires a K24 running K20 head...

blk05gli
05-03-2008, 08:34 PM
if you know a tuner (someone who will be patient and not bill you like crazy) and they have a good idea about your car (not an old school big block tech, but preferrably experienced with small displacement NA/turbo motors), you could try this:

comptech TSX supercharger (http://www.modacar.com/products/Acura/TSX/MODAFOIN/)

and also know someone who lives in the states, as you have to send in your ECU for a reflash

Crapdaz
05-03-2008, 08:40 PM

Cresa give us details if your going ahead with it.

Crapdaz
21-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know if the Greddy Emanage Ultimate piggy back system would be sufficient to run a turbo setup on the Euro?

johnprocter
21-06-2008, 02:18 PM
some one turbo their euro! it'd be awesome to see the results!! grr

SPQR
21-06-2008, 03:13 PM
There are other forms of supercharging apart from a turbocharger. There is chemical supercharging. Has anyone tried N2O? Sorry, subscripting doesn't work so I can't get the 2 to be lower than the N and the O.

johnprocter
21-06-2008, 04:55 PM
is n20 same as NOS?

SPQR
21-06-2008, 04:59 PM
is n20 same as NOS?

NOS = Nitrous Oxide = N20 (two Nitrogen atoms for each Oxygen atom)

The "2" should be subscript but this text editor does not permit it.

aaronng
21-06-2008, 05:07 PM
NOS is to N20 like how Tupperware is to plastic container.

aaronng
21-06-2008, 06:32 PM
All of you asking others to do it, why don't you turbo your own Euro?

johnprocter
21-06-2008, 07:09 PM
iam a student so lack of money and i wouldnt know which mechanic to go to etc but i wouldnt mind saving up i could be guaranteed some decent gains.. plus i got an auto :(

SPQR
21-06-2008, 09:17 PM
iam a student so lack of money and i wouldnt know which mechanic to go to etc but i wouldnt mind saving up i could be guaranteed some decent gains.. plus i got an auto :(

Most people are better off buying a factory turbo car if that's what they want. I've owned three. I sure miss the turbo rush but, in my old age, I have other priorities now.

As for auto's, they actually make good turbo cars because the slip in the torque converter allows the boost to build up. I've never had an auto turbo but one of my cousins had a Volvo turbo with auto and it sure went alright.

The MY97 WRX that I had was the only car with which I could finely adjust the headlight beam height with the accelerator pedal... at least until it hit the rev limiter!

SPQR
21-06-2008, 09:35 PM
It seems to me that a turbo Euro is problematic because so many of its functions other than simply running the engine involve the engine management computer (PGM-F1 in Honda speak).

Nitrous Oxide injection might be able to get around this problem: There are, what are known as, '"dry kits" which only inject liquid N2O. These are suited to street tune (unmodified) 4 cylinder cars and supposedly increase power by up to 70 bhp (52kW). They rely on the car's own computer to inject additional petrol (which can be dangerous if a car's computer doesn't properly compensate and add petrol).Most car engine computers can cope with having to squirt more petrol in and these simple N2O kits rely on this to work.

N2O by itself does not increase power as it needs petrol to go with the extra Oxygen atoms. The Oxygen atoms are released from the N2O molecules at temperatures greater than five hundred (and something) degrees centigrade. The Oxygen then mixes with added petrol to increase combustion pressure. As the N2O is injected as a liquid, when it vaporises in the manifold it also cools the intake air temperature substantially, negating the need for an intercooler.

The "dry kits" can be had for around $1,000 plus what is known as purge valve kit. The purge valve clears the N2O line of any vapour so that only liquid N2O is injected. This ensures a rapid response from the engine.

The process is also known as chemical supercharging and was developed in WWII fighter and bomber aircraft as a means for compensating for altitude and to give that little extra boost (in emergencies) to get out of harms-way.

N2O has disadvantages in that you keep having to refill the bottle and the temperature at which the liquid is stored and delivered to the engine is somewhat critical. But, for the occasional boost (for overtaking or to scare the living daylights out of a WRX owner), it can be useful. Oh, also, watch out for the police.

Don't try to use the stuff to get stoned. The grade of N2O used for cars is not pure and has Sulphur Dioxide added to make it unpalatable. If you try to inhale it you will damage your brain. Medical grade N2O (also known as laughing gas) is not available to the general public as it is an anaesthetic.

aaronng
21-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Why bother with dry kits when wet kits are much safer. At WOT, the ECU doesn't know how many extra molecules of O2 are there from the N2O, so your K24 engine will run lean.

Crapdaz
21-06-2008, 10:59 PM
It seems to me that a turbo Euro is problematic because so many of its functions other than simply running the engine involve the engine management computer (PGM-F1 in Honda speak).

Nitrous Oxide injection might be able to get around this problem: There are, what are known as, '"dry kits" which only inject liquid N2O. These are suited to street tune (unmodified) 4 cylinder cars and supposedly increase power by up to 70 bhp (52kW). They rely on the car's own computer to inject additional petrol (which can be dangerous if a car's computer doesn't properly compensate and add petrol).Most car engine computers can cope with having to squirt more petrol in and these simple N2O kits rely on this to work.

N2O by itself does not increase power as it needs petrol to go with the extra Oxygen atoms. The Oxygen atoms are released from the N2O molecules at temperatures greater than five hundred (and something) degrees centigrade. The Oxygen then mixes with added petrol to increase combustion pressure. As the N2O is injected as a liquid, when it vaporises in the manifold it also cools the intake air temperature substantially, negating the need for an intercooler.

The "dry kits" can be had for around $1,000 plus what is known as purge valve kit. The purge valve clears the N2O line of any vapour so that only liquid N2O is injected. This ensures a rapid response from the engine.

The process is also known as chemical supercharging and was developed in WWII fighter and bomber aircraft as a means for compensating for altitude and to give that little extra boost (in emergencies) to get out of harms-way.

N2O has disadvantages in that you keep having to refill the bottle and the temperature at which the liquid is stored and delivered to the engine is somewhat critical. But, for the occasional boost (for overtaking or to scare the living daylights out of a WRX owner), it can be useful. Oh, also, watch out for the police.

Don't try to use the stuff to get stoned. The grade of N2O used for cars is not pure and has Sulphur Dioxide added to make it unpalatable. If you try to inhale it you will damage your brain. Medical grade N2O (also known as laughing gas) is not available to the general public as it is an anaesthetic.

Sulphur dioxide is equivalent to rotten egg gas smell, which also numbs your sense of smell correct me if i am wrong, and if you breath in sulphur dioxide for long periods of time (you would be dead within 1-2mins).

Any how do you guys know if the greddy emanage ultimate would be sufficient in running a turbo setup for the euro?
or would running an additional ecu, k20a ecu be better?

SPQR
22-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Why bother with dry kits when wet kits are much safer. At WOT, the ECU doesn't know how many extra molecules of O2 are there from the N2O, so your K24 engine will run lean.

Dry kits are easier to install because you don't have to plumb-in petrol. The manufacturers claim that they are suited to street tune cars and provide a reasonable boost of up to 70 bhp. Wet kits are safer at wide open throttle as you said; as the engine is not in closed loop mode. I did warn that there is a danger to engines. Clearly this would be at WOT.

Sulphur dioxide is equivalent to rotten egg gas smell, which also numbs your sense of smell correct me if i am wrong, and if you breath in sulphur dioxide for long periods of time (you would be dead within 1-2mins).

Yes it is. It is also a product of normal petrol combustion because sulphur is present (now in much less quantities) in unleaded petrol. You can still smell it behind a car but when ULP was first introduced, there was more sulphur and the rotten egg smell was a common complaint from new ULP car owners.

Don't inhale the gas.

aaronng
22-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Dry kits are easier to install because you don't have to plumb-in petrol. The manufacturers claim that they are suited to street tune cars and provide a reasonable boost of up to 70 bhp. Wet kits are safer at wide open throttle as you said; as the engine is not in closed loop mode. I did warn that there is a danger to engines. Clearly this would be at WOT.

You would use N2O only during WOT, so there is not much point taking shortcuts just because the dry system is easier to install when it is clear that the ECU cannot compensate with additional fuel on its own during WOT. You would probably need a wet system for Euros running stock ECUs because all it relies on is a MAP sensor which can't tell the difference between air and N2O.

sodaz
22-06-2008, 05:08 PM
It will end up costing too much IMO and it's better value to just buy an Sti/Evo. The Euro, being a FWD car, will probably have serious torque steering issues when you load it up with too much torque.

aaronng
22-06-2008, 05:47 PM
It will end up costing too much IMO and it's better value to just buy an Sti/Evo. The Euro, being a FWD car, will probably have serious torque steering issues when you load it up with too much torque.

Torque steer is not the issue (just hold on to that steering wheel). Traction is the issue! I am having traction issues at only 2000rpm with the new flywheel. lol. Imagine if you had more torque with traction control off!

ultimatekenz
22-06-2008, 06:04 PM

Agreed! And also its not as simple as bolting on a turbo onto an N/A car. Various other components will need to be upgraded to be able to handle the extra oomph..
e.g. brakes, suspension, gearbox are just some of the long list of things that will need attention when turbo'ing a car.

Its honestly much easier to just go buy a car that came out turbo.

Crapdaz
22-06-2008, 10:08 PM
i had alot of wheel spin/wheel hop with the ETD.
when running from stationary. and traction control hits, but i switch it off.

yeh am going to get evo later on as a family car.

SPQR
23-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Most people are better off buying a factory turbo car if that's what they want.....

Yep. I said that.

blk05gli
26-06-2008, 12:43 PM
interesting story - I hope someone else knows of this.

I met a friends friend who told me that he had a 06 lux supercharged euro. I thought i'd listen to his story. this is a summary:
-he ordered a mugen supercharger kit from the states for $4800 landed
-installed it himself
-featured the car on hot4's magazine
-sold the car as it became too notorious and he could not park it anywhere

Anybody know of this car?

aaronng
26-06-2008, 01:08 PM
interesting story - I hope someone else knows of this.

I met a friends friend who told me that he had a 06 lux supercharged euro. I thought i'd listen to his story. this is a summary:
-he ordered a mugen supercharger kit from the states for $4800 landed
-installed it himself
-featured the car on hot4's magazine
-sold the car as it became too notorious and he could not park it anywhere

Anybody know of this car?

He's probably pulling your leg. Mugen doesn't make a supercharger kit for the TSX/Euro.

johnprocter
26-06-2008, 05:27 PM
mugen supercharger ROFLLLL

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 06:13 PM
He's probably pulling your leg. Mugen doesn't make a supercharger kit for the TSX/Euro.And I haven't really seen any Euro's in Hot4's?

johnprocter
26-06-2008, 06:46 PM
i dont think there are any supercharger kits even out for the 06 model are there?

Type R Positive
26-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Comptech were only 03-05 right?

johnprocter
26-06-2008, 07:15 PM
yeah...

aaronng
26-06-2008, 08:57 PM
i dont think there are any supercharger kits even out for the 06 model are there?
You can physically fit it on, but there isn't a reflash to run it for the 06.

blk05gli
02-07-2008, 09:56 AM
thought so.

Crapdaz
02-07-2008, 10:10 AM
whats the max boost you can run on the comptech anyways isnt it like 5psi?

Type R Positive
02-07-2008, 05:09 PM
whats the max boost you can run on the comptech anyways isnt it like 5psi?
I think so. Stock compression is like 10.5:1, so I don't think you would want much more.

Type R Positive
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Comptech for '06 model:
http://www.autocarparts.com/part/928/54/

Suntzu
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Is there any reason you cant use a TSX ecu on a aussie euro? i mean a complete swap?

aaronng
04-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Is there any reason you cant use a TSX ecu on a aussie euro? i mean a complete swap?

Different cluster (04-08), different cams (06-08) and you will need to get the matching TSX key and immobiliser with that ECU.

biee2
10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
hrmmm.....today i was at chasers looking around and so i thought i ask for a quote on turboing. and yeah i was quoted about 15k :eek: my friend has a mazda sp23 and the guy said hes better of selling the car and getting an mps...LOL. but he doesnt want to sell his car...haha. any one out there that can give me a better price?...lol i do plan to turbo my euro some time in the future but yeah need a more accurate price.............

johnprocter
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
ROFL 15k wtf.. and how much power would you gain

EUR003act
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
my engine hasnt even cost me that much!!

:eek: lol

Chris_F
10-09-2008, 08:19 PM
hrmmm.....today i was at chasers looking around and so i thought i ask for a quote on turboing. and yeah i was quoted about 15k :eek: my friend has a mazda sp23 and the guy said hes better of selling the car and getting an mps...LOL. but he doesnt want to sell his car...haha. any one out there that can give me a better price?...lol i do plan to turbo my euro some time in the future but yeah need a more accurate price.............

A quality standalone ecu with drive-by-wire capability + tuning would range from 3-6k alone (depending on brand and tuner). Add in a custom turbo manifold, the turbo, intercooler, labour etc. and 15k get's eaten through pretty damn quickly.

biee2
10-09-2008, 08:20 PM
to be honest 15k i might aswell sell my car and add the 15k to it...lol. should be near enough for something lik an evo 8 or wrx......

EUR003act
10-09-2008, 08:23 PM
A quality standalone ecu with drive-by-wire capability + tuning would range from 3-6k alone (depending on brand and tuner). Add in a custom turbo manifold, the turbo, intercooler, labour etc. and 15k get's eaten through pretty damn quickly.

true! the main reason i stayed n/a... ecu/tuning/harness costs wayyy too much!

to be honest 15k i might aswell sell my car and add the 15k to it...lol. should be near enough for something lik an evo 8 or wrx......

very true... but you dont buy a euro to be quick... you buy it for style :p lol

biee2
10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
very true... but you dont buy a euro to be quick... you buy it for style :p lol[/QUOTE]

i honestly probably wouldnt get rid of my euro for an evo or rex.....lol. the euro is luxury with style but i wouldnt mind abit more pofermance out of it. abit more power and the euro would be the perfect pakage for me....:angel: i would love to turbo my euro but cost to much.....LOL it doesnt take a genuis to know its not realli worth it if its lik 15k for the job:(

EUR003act
10-09-2008, 08:35 PM
i agree with you... you cant show off the full potential of an STI or EVO on the streets.... and chicks will always go for black heated leather seats and a sunroof, over cloth bucket seats and windows down ruining their hair anyday ;) lol

Crapdaz
10-09-2008, 09:04 PM
lol when my euro dies, EVO X for me.
As a family car. >_<

else i will really suck it up and boost the euro. <-- & get killed by my other half at the same time.

SPQR
10-09-2008, 11:02 PM
very true... but you dont buy a euro to be quick... you buy it for style :p lol

i honestly probably wouldnt get rid of my euro for an evo or rex.....lol. the euro is luxury with style but i wouldnt mind abit more pofermance out of it. abit more power and the euro would be the perfect pakage for me....:angel: i would love to turbo my euro but cost to much.....LOL it doesnt take a genuis to know its not realli worth it if its lik 15k for the job:([/QUOTE]

WRX sedan is launched in November 2008. If it's as quiet and refined as the ugly hatch then it might be an option. But; big but, the crap suby interior is still too much of a negative and makes the Euro very much more positive despite the lack of real grunt. Same money as the WRX gets you a nice fancy Euro.

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 12:08 AM
yeh stupid hatch ruined it, should do an anniversary for the 22B.

anyhow weight reduction tint your rear windows darkest and have your rear seats yanked out of your euro.
add roll cage and all hahah....

blk05gli
11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
^^ don't forget to remove cigarette lighter, it adds an additional 10 grams on unecessary weight :-)

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 01:17 PM
^^ don't forget to remove cigarette lighter, it adds an additional 10 grams on unecessary weight :-)

why bother take your whole center glovebox console out.

just have barebone handbrake and no trim.

EUR003act
11-09-2008, 04:50 PM
the new WRX doesnt even look aggressive... it looks like a chicks car... id be ashamed to drive one... compared to the evo IX, damn that thing looks angry! :thumbsup:

new WRX STI is EJ25 isnt it? crazy!

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 05:03 PM
the new WRX doesnt even look aggressive... it looks like a chicks car... id be ashamed to drive one... compared to the evo IX, damn that thing looks angry! :thumbsup:

new WRX STI is EJ25 isnt it? crazy!

yeh but f0ok it's still bloody expensive for the Evo IX.
I love it but also 4WD/AWD all drink alot of fuel.

EUR003act
11-09-2008, 05:09 PM
yeh but f0ok it's still bloody expensive for the Evo IX.
I love it but also 4WD/AWD all drink alot of fuel.

small turbo engines drink alot of fuel full stop lol

i have mates with WRXs and GSRs... damn those things drink heavy!

Crapdaz
11-09-2008, 05:15 PM

i still laughed at my mates S15, 300-350km/60L but too bad last month some idiot lady T barred him and he ended up getting defected and all converted back to stock and now got a 300zX.

SPQR
13-09-2008, 09:25 PM

So true. I've owned three turbo fours. They were very thirsty but they were much, muuuch fun.

biee2
17-09-2008, 07:53 PM
i was actualli about to get a silver wrx but yeah ended up with the euro instead.....the wrx interior realli puts me off compared to the euro interior

Crapdaz
17-09-2008, 08:19 PM
i was actualli about to get a silver wrx but yeah ended up with the euro instead.....the wrx interior realli puts me off compared to the euro interior

Yeh subaru looks cheap inside.