PDA

View Full Version : Fujita CAI for R18A problem

jcpabc
20-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I just installed the CAI for my car and I am considering sucking water in the engine. Should I put a Hydroshield for the filter?

markCivicVti
21-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Don't drive through puddles if the water is as higher as your CAI filter... bypass valve is the only sure way... but it completely voids any performance gains you may have gotten from the CAI.

Hacs
26-02-2008, 03:20 PM
it rains quite often and randomly here in melbourne.. and due to the very many loved potholes on our roads (depending on which part of melb ur from).. i rkn the CAI issue of sucking in water could lead to ur FD blowing a hole in the engine.. like, literally. a 50c sized hole.. in ur engine. its happened before

like what mark said, bypass valves arent exactly ur best option if you want to maintain the gains (if any). so see how u go with the hydroshield man.. its ur best bet. either that or revert back to stock or just short ram :cool:

power_of_dreams
26-02-2008, 04:24 PM
If you are that worried just buy a hydroshield. $30 for peice of mind.

Stig
26-02-2008, 07:53 PM
"the CAI issue of sucking in water could lead to ur FD blowing a hole in the engine.. like, literally. a 50c sized hole.. in ur engine. its happened before"

How about posting some photos or details on these BLOWN UP ENGINES with holes in them from hydrolocking that you know about??

errr... didnt that bob_san guy blow this engine cos of this?

Hacs
26-02-2008, 09:18 PM
"the CAI issue of sucking in water could lead to ur FD blowing a hole in the engine.. like, literally. a 50c sized hole.. in ur engine. its happened before"

How about posting some photos or details on these BLOWN UP ENGINES with holes in them from hydrolocking that you know about??

hi claymore

nah i don't wish to post up details or photos about this as it is quite private. so if u really want, please PM me and i'll be glad to show u. Aren't u a moderator ? don't u read the forums regulations regarding privacy ? jeez

and yeah, Stig.. spot on :thumbsup:

as for what i initially typed, i think u have misread it. i did not say that hydrolocking is what causes ur engine to blow, but infact it is just the CAI alone without hydrolocking which has lead to engine problems in the past.

again, to clarify my initial post.. as as per what power_of_dreams has written, just buy a hydroshield jcpabc. it'll do you wonders and give you that peace of mind :wave:

xqwzit
26-02-2008, 11:10 PM
^not all mods knows what they are doing exactly.

markCivicVti
27-02-2008, 08:29 AM
A hydro shield wont help if you drive through a puddle of water that half submergers your CAI filter (if your revving somewhat)...

by pass valve is safer.

Hacs
27-02-2008, 10:45 AM
And tell me what rule have I violated asking for photos?? And JEEZE what is quite private about blowing up an engine since YOU posted the information first????

lol this guy's an absolute joke. wynode where'd u find this guy ?

can't we post up anything without being hounded at by mods ? as members and newcomers.. we're just trying to post up any information we know about the OP and expect other members to help out with their input.. instead its mods like claymore who are misreading what we type, uncessecerily rile up the thread, then start being all childish about it ?

ah well.. back to the OP. if you're still reading i hope the information has been beneficial in any way ;) sorry for the er.. domestics ? lol

Stig
27-02-2008, 07:56 PM
How about asking bob_san if he had .50 cent piece sized holes in his block after it blew.

jesus christ, he had a whole thread about it before he deleted it...

biee2
12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
where can you buy a hydroshield? anybody know? i need one for my car...im scared of getting hydrolock aswell....melbourne weather is pretty bad....if any body does know pm please...thanks

aaronng
12-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Just avoid huge puddles and you'll be fine. Splashing water on the filter won't affect your engine.

Mingy
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
nah i don't wish to post up details or photos about this as it is quite private

Elaborate?