PDA

View Full Version : dc2 head light relays

89lude
21-02-2008, 09:10 AM
hey guys where abouts is the dc2 head light relays as im having problems with me dc2 where when i step on the brakes me hazards go and i got no brake lights before all this happened me head unit wires melted thanks to previous owners now i got short circuit problem i just want to check relays first any help is great

tegy_boi
22-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Electrical problems are a pain in the ass. Unless you have testing equipment, and a very good knowledge of what you are doing, finding an electrical problem is a long long thing. BUT.. try tdisconnecting cd player and replace any burnt out fuse and see how it goes, as i know it is common thing. the previous owner might wired the cd player wrong as i seen it done wrongly b4.....

Clint
18-03-2008, 07:38 PM
correct me if im wrong but i dont think there are any relays for the headlights. the right indicator stalk delivers all the power to the lights rather than driving relays. there is a battery wire going to the indicator stalk and from there wires going to the lights. above that connector on the rear of the stalk is the connector the for indicators.

all i can suggest is removing the headunit, dash panel below the steering column and the instrument panel and take a look at all wires. make sure none are damaged or have melted insulation. if you dont find anything there then follow the wiring looms further. some of the fuses related to your problem are under the steering column and in the engine bay near the battery.