PDA

View Full Version : 96 vtec problems (lagging)

adammm
21-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey ppl... having a problem with my 1996 prelude with the vtir motor n need help plz. Well the car seems to be lagging heaps...like wen the vtec kiks in it kind of pulls the car bak n just makes alot of noise. The vtec before used to take 2-3seconds to go from the 5000rpm to the reline....now it takes more like 15-20seconds in 3rd gear. Tried doing a ecu error code check on it but couldnt locate the wire to where the paper clip goes in for the short. btw....the car doesnt kind of lags on low rpm as well but not as much as in the vtec stages.... can anyone pls help by telling me wat to do or try...i used to munch V8's... now an excel will chop me up loll

WPN.22R
21-02-2008, 05:32 PM
where are you located? if in Syd pm me and come down to InTheRed to check out your car!

No one knows Preludes like we do:p

QIKVTEC
23-02-2008, 06:04 PM
do a compression check.probably low compression. or if in sydney metro i can have a quick look for ya on a weekend.

adammm
26-02-2008, 01:53 PM
yeh i am located in syd metro....thanx alot for ur jelp guys...i live in greenacre

Manabir
26-02-2008, 04:47 PM
my advice...duck down to minto, near cambelltown, and get inthered to look at it.

Benson
27-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Do a compression check first... my adivce is take it to hanny's perforomance @ smithfield.

adammm
27-02-2008, 08:05 PM
i did the error code and everything turned out to be all good...like there were no errors showing...so im guessing its either a valves n fuel line mite need cleaning...once the compression test is done ill see wat to do from there...thanx for the advice.

killerlaces
28-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Hey. Had the same problem with the lag. I went and got it serviced and they found that the seals had started to wear and a oil pump thing (Dunno what it is but looks like an oldschool key???) had to be replaced. After that the engine was back at full peak. maybe your probs similar...