PDA

View Full Version : EP3R Service Intervals

yagami
21-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey guys,

Just wandering if any of you guys have a log book for your EP3 CTRs?? I would like to know the service intervals for the major services. If anyone knows where i can obtain one that would really appreciated, thanks.

SuperSteve
21-02-2008, 09:51 PM
if u take it 2 a mechanic to get it serviced
for me they just went off by what gets done on a service to dc5r's

yagami
21-02-2008, 09:58 PM
if u take it 2 a mechanic to get it serviced
for me they just went off by what gets done on a service to dc5r's

Ah awesome, thanks SuperSteve!

Nepolian
22-02-2008, 08:05 AM
If the car is not driven hard, I would change the oil and filter every 10000kms. If it gets a hard time, I would change the oil at 5000km. Air filter and plugs are up to you! Its a small priced to keep you engine in good cond. As for general sevice, Im sure a regular 10000km check over is what it needs as per most cars!

bennjamin
22-02-2008, 10:12 AM
as a general rule

(every)
oil = 5000km
filter= 10000km
spark plugs = 50-80000km ( for platinum/iridiums)
air filter = 40000km
fuel filter = 40000km
transmission fluid= 40000km
coolant = 40000km

etc

NOTE because your car is an import , i do hope you changed every single fluid and filter ! Start afresh , you dont know how long these have been sitting in the car...

NightRyder
22-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Similar to what Nepolian and Benji said, but as Benji said, because our car is an import for me I'd change the oil (OEM) every 5,000kms; minor service every 10,000kms (oil and oil filter); major service at every 20,000kms (oil, oil/air filters, fluids and spark plugs) major major service 50,000Kms (oil, oil filter, spark plugs optional, fuel filter & all fluids) and timing belt change at every 100,000kms... :D

Of course, this may vary depending on how hard you drive. :)

yagami
23-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Ah ok cool thanks a lot guys! I've got another question now, figured i'd post it here instead of flooding the forums with help threads...

My right low beam doesn't work. I checked the fuse and it was blown, so i replaced it with a spare one (same amp rating) and as soon as i turn on the headlight switch *crackle* its dead. It's not the bulb as i put in a new one and the same thing happened. However when i turn on the headlight switch, the left light turns on and the high beams are permanently on. Flicking the high beam switch off don't turn them off. All the other lights still work (indicators, parkers, left low beam etc.) it's just the right low beam that doesn't work and the high beams staying on whenever i switch my head lights on. If the lights are in the off position i can flick the high beams on, no problems, but when they're in the on position they won't turn off.

I'm guessing there's a short somewhere, but i don't know where to look or how to check. Help?

P.S Don't buy cars from Edward Lee's in NSW.

NightRyder
23-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Holy crap!...ok...here's what you can try.

Is it HID or normal halogen?

Either way, firstly do a quick check to see if there is any frayed wiring or any abnormal sighting of dodgy tape up etc. If there is, try to rewire and retape it up again. Also check that it is properly earthed.

Note: You might need to take out the headlight unit to get a better look at how it is wired and check the wiring that is under and/or on the inner side of the headlight unit.

Secondly, if it is HID check if the ballister (which is attached under the headlight unit) looks ok and that there is no sign of burnt marks on it, if there is you may need to replace it.

Thirdly, if there is no sign of obvious shortage you might need to get it checked by an auto electrician... :)

These workshops that comply these cars, would normally only muck around with the headlight unit in the bonnet and not the internal wiring within the car since it is too delicate/complicated.

Good luck. :)

Ah ok cool thanks a lot guys! I've got another question now, figured i'd post it here instead of flooding the forums with help threads...

My right low beam doesn't work. I checked the fuse and it was blown, so i replaced it with a spare one (same amp rating) and as soon as i turn on the headlight switch *crackle* its dead. It's not the bulb as i put in a new one and the same thing happened. However when i turn on the headlight switch, the left light turns on and the high beams are permanently on. Flicking the high beam switch off don't turn them off. All the other lights still work (indicators, parkers, left low beam etc.) it's just the right low beam that doesn't work and the high beams staying on whenever i switch my head lights on. If the lights are in the off position i can flick the high beams on, no problems, but when they're in the on position they won't turn off.

I'm guessing there's a short somewhere, but i don't know where to look or how to check. Help?

P.S Don't buy cars from Edward Lee's in NSW.

Nepolian
23-02-2008, 08:05 PM
If its the shop which complied mine, they chop and change the wires. If it has a H4 globe of it has silver housing, its been changed and wired up wrong!

Auto electrician time!

aaronng
23-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Follow the same service interval as the one for the DC5R.

yagami
23-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Holy crap!...ok...here's what you can try.

Is it HID or normal halogen?

Either way, firstly do a quick check to see if there is any frayed wiring or any abnormal sighting of dodgy tape up etc. If there is, try to rewire and retape it up again. Also check that it is properly earthed.

Thirdly, if there is no sign of obvious shortage you might need to get it checked by an auto electrician... :)

Good luck. :)

1) Its Halogen

2) The head light doesn't have any signs of taped up wiring, but ill check again as it was after work at 9pm when i realised.

3) I took the steering column cover off to check to see if it was the connectors that were dirty (didn't have a screw driver at the time:rolleyes:) and noticed that there were some taped wires. Don't know if this affects anything.

4) Yeah, i'll be booking it in to get checked asap.

5) Thanks for the replies!! :D:D

SuperSteve
23-02-2008, 10:39 PM
hey yagami i hope everything goes alright with ur car. How long ago did u purchase ur car ?? if it wasnt that long ago i would take it back to the dealer and go wtf is this ! !

But yeah a auto elec should b able to fix ur problem. I hope it all gets sorted out ok mate.

yagami
24-02-2008, 10:45 AM
hey yagami i hope everything goes alright with ur car. How long ago did u purchase ur car ?? if it wasnt that long ago i would take it back to the dealer and go wtf is this ! !

But yeah a auto elec should b able to fix ur problem. I hope it all gets sorted out ok mate.

Cheers mate. I've had the car for LESS then a month... and the problem is, i live in Canberra and the dealer is in NSW, so because of work and Uni its hard to find time to go up there for repairs.

Nepolian
24-02-2008, 07:16 PM
1) Its Halogen

2) The head light doesn't have any signs of taped up wiring, but ill check again as it was after work at 9pm when i realised.

3) I took the steering column cover off to check to see if it was the connectors that were dirty (didn't have a screw driver at the time:rolleyes:) and noticed that there were some taped wires. Don't know if this affects anything.

4) Yeah, i'll be booking it in to get checked asap.

5) Thanks for the replies!! :D:D

More to the point, Take the car back to where you bought and get them to fix it!

I remember you saying that you got it from a "Well known" car yard in Syd, Right!

They have to give you 3 months warranty and you probably got extended warrenty too?

Shouldnt have to cost you a cent!

NightRyder
24-02-2008, 08:11 PM
You should get them to put back the HID's!!

yagami
26-02-2008, 06:02 AM
More to the point, Take the car back to where you bought and get them to fix it!

I remember you saying that you got it from a "Well known" car yard in Syd, Right!

They have to give you 3 months warranty and you probably got extended warrenty too?

Shouldnt have to cost you a cent!

If by "Well known" you mean sons of bithces then yes.

Yes, i got "free" 3 years warranty with the car but i live in Canberra, they're in NSW. Unless the engine dies or some other part of the car fails mechanically it doesn't justify the cost of driving up there and back, unless the repair is going to costs me a fortune in which case i will.

Good news though, i figured out what the problem was: There's a short in the wiring somewhere between the fuse box and the headlights. So i can rule out getting a new indicator stalk.