PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Vs Eclipse Amplifiers

riceball
21-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a new amp for my car, just tossing between alpine and eclipse. Does anyone have any experience between the both and what would you recommend.

Thanks in advance,:thumbsup:

ICACHA
21-02-2008, 10:44 PM
one word... "wait". there are new amps being released from eclipse australia in the near future.

both brands have great products, eclipse just slides ahead with its 3 year warranty if the authorised agent installs the product and registers it for you with eclipse.

see if you like... http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/index.html

B&O technology which Alpine PDX amps have been using and now JL Audio join in with ICE power technology...

bit of reading on ICE power:

http://www.icepower.bang-olufsen.com/

Vinnie
21-02-2008, 10:53 PM
i use alpine amps, cant fault them :) they are more renowned for making amps than eclipse, ive only really known them for their head units (dunno bout their new range so cant really judge them). http://www.alpine.com.au/ will have all their specs, knock at about a hundred of each for the street price :)

js0n1
22-02-2008, 01:33 AM
got an Alpine MRD-M500 monoblock going strong and it's been used since 03/04?

oconnor
22-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Have used both. Alpine takes the win for me, Eclipse never had a problem. By far the best amp I have ever owned was a Blaupunkt. It was simply amazing to say the least.

ekdez
23-02-2008, 11:15 AM
i own two pdx amps in my ek

PDX-1.1000 <- powers my sub
PDX-4150 <- powers my splits and rear 6x9's

they are exactly what i wanted in terms of sound. nice tight, crisp and bassy but not too bassy, if that makes sense. also great size and light weight! the pdx heat sinks are really great too..

i would recommend alpine pdx to n e one but then again.. its not only about your amp. its about the speakers your running off the amps and their quality ..

but alpine > eclipse for me.. reason.. i dont like the sound quality of my friends elcipse subs when he turns them up.. they arent crisp but i dont know what model he has.. so ya! go to an audio shop and try hear the difference..

arverson
23-02-2008, 01:07 PM
alpine. cant go wrong with either tho.

hard to recommend something if we dont know what it will be used to run...

budget??

why are you limited to only these 2 brands??

Vinnie
23-02-2008, 01:20 PM
audison, audiosystem, focal etc are all also prob worth a look depending on your budget. alpine gear is good but there are certainly worthwhile alternatives looking into if you can :)

euro_tr4sh
27-02-2008, 12:57 AM
maybe some one should ask what series of amps from the brand are you concidering, alpine do make great amps, but for power and sheer tunability the eclipse XA series are awesome, i had an xa4000 a few months ago, 4 x 125 rms and more features than you could poke a stick at, definately worth a look in

arverson
27-02-2008, 10:27 AM
maybe some one should ask what series of amps from the brand are you concidering

i asked that, indirectly. asked what his/her budget was and what it will be used to run, to see what range in alpine & eclipse (and other alternatives) is available to him/her. op hasnt replied since the 1st post tho..

tron07
28-02-2008, 07:52 AM
I am waiting for JL's new range of amps to hit the market..... should be good....

However, if you have lot of money, get this Alpine amp, it will trash all the eclipse amps in terms of SQ
http://www.alpinef1status.com/e/products/items/images/img_mrv-f900_p.jpg

integraz
28-02-2008, 11:29 AM
That Alpine F1 amplifier better trash the Eclipse in the terms of SQ for $4000 vs $700?

ICACHA
29-02-2008, 06:25 PM
want to get exotic, why not splurge :p

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Sinfoni_AMPLItude_150.2x/outside1.jpg

tron07
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
I know people with that amp....

ICACHA
03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
not many i gather? most would drool but cant afford it...

wouldn't be alex in his civic you're talking about since we're on a honda forum? :p

tron07
04-03-2008, 09:08 AM
not in OZ...

Riviera
04-03-2008, 02:13 PM
i get the steps he get the steps, i get the amplifier he can not afford, high five!!!:thumbsup:

55EXX
04-03-2008, 09:33 PM
yeah i second that audison, audiosystem and focal maybe even tru tech or arc audio. many better amps than those 2 brands

ICACHA
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
yeah i second that audison, audiosystem and focal maybe even tru tech or arc audio. many better amps than those 2 brands

It's not about the product, it's about the MUSIC, always has been and always will be!!! :wave:

Think you know what's better, maybe take on Richard Clark's challenge and win yourself $10,000 USD for proving him wrong?

http://www.tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/rcrules.htm

Vinnie
09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
It's not about the product, it's about the MUSIC, always has been and always will be!!! :wave:

Think you know what's better, maybe take on Richard Clark's challenge and win yourself $10,000 USD for proving him wrong?

http://www.tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/rcrules.htm

i have seen that quote before and it remains very true :)

at the end of the day most products around a similar price point will sound quite similar, there are rarely products that sound drastically better/worse that their counterparts.

leading on with a slightly unrelated rant, if i hear one more person say pdx's give 'that asian sound' i will be very not happy jan :p

ICACHA
10-03-2008, 12:05 AM
i would like to know also WTF is that asian sound from asian manufactured amps?

are people really that stupid that they listen to what ever others tell them that are not in the know? i mean does an asian speaker play music back in asian?

lucky we dont stock too many european brands or our you would need an interpreter to come listen to the products we have on display :p

will be doing a total alpine system in a week in an australian car, maybe the owner would have to learn asian to listen to the system as it might sound asian? LMAO

Vinnie
10-03-2008, 12:59 AM
i would like to know also WTF is that asian sound from asian manufactured amps?

are people really that stupid that they listen to what ever others tell them that are not in the know? i mean does an asian speaker play music back in asian?

lucky we dont stock too many european brands or our you would need an interpreter to come listen to the products we have on display :p

will be doing a total alpine system in a week in an australian car, maybe the owner would have to learn asian to listen to the system as it might sound asian? LMAO

perhaps try a back to back comparison with a chesky disk and a j-pop cd and see how it performs... ;)

js0n1
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
lol I went into Car Audio Excellence in Perth which is owned by a backward thinking tool.

He describes that "asian sound" as clarity and bassless to suit the music of asia.

ICACHA
10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
did you tell him to look for another line of work as hes got no idea what hes talking about? it would be fun to go from store to store and see which stores actually help the customer rather than BS to them, bonus would be having a laugh every time you walk out the door hahahaha

should of told him its about the music and the way it was produced not the brand hahahaha