PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav V14

Exar Kun
22-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Anyone got it yet?

I picked up my car at the end of January and was pretty unhappy to discover that there are roads that are five years old that aren't in the maps supplied in V13. I've written to Honda to express my displeasure and they've acknowledged receipt of the letter so we'll see where they go from here. I'm not paying $800+ to upgrade my brand new unit when you can purchase up to date 3rd party system for half the price...

bennjamin
22-02-2008, 10:09 AM
get the 3rd parry unit. Cheaper , better look , easier to use , smaller. Euro sat-nav is nasty IMO. Get a tom tom

breninoz
23-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Maybe if more people write and complain it will make a difference? Who did you write to? I complained when I picked up my Euro Tourer in December (Brisbane), and got a call from Sydney service manager saying V14 doesn't exist. I was told the Legend owners would get a new map, but it's different software from the Euro. The old map was also my only complaint on the satisfaction survey. Otherwise I think the built-in unit is great! It looks good, re-calculations are very fast when you vary the route, and the choice of three routes (fast, easy, short) is a neat feature.

SPQR
23-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Lucky I don't need one yet. I'd hate to pay $800 plus for something that's out of date 5 years before purchase. And then having to pay for out-of-date updates all the time.

I've driven in big cities. I've driven in Los Angeles. I got by very well with a street directory. You could buy a lifetime of street directories for the cost of OEM Satnav.

My cousin's got Satnav in his fancy fast Benz. It doesn't have my whole suburb on it and that's been around for 20 years.

Exar Kun
23-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Maybe if more people write and complain it will make a difference? Who did you write to? I complained when I picked up my Euro Tourer in December (Brisbane), and got a call from Sydney service manager saying V14 doesn't exist. I was told the Legend owners would get a new map, but it's different software from the Euro. The old map was also my only complaint on the satisfaction survey. Otherwise I think the built-in unit is great! It looks good, re-calculations are very fast when you vary the route, and the choice of three routes (fast, easy, short) is a neat feature.

I wrote to Customer Relations @ Honda Australia. I used to own an Audi and V14 has been released for them this past month. Whereis has had it up on their site for a while too.

Like you, I have no real problem with the built in nav in the Euro. Sure, it doesn't display the roads as two lines or more but it works quite well for. Certainly a crap load faster than the Navman I used to own. All I really ask of it is current maps and to get me from A to B in unfamiliar places.

tingyi85
27-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Any lucks on the V14? I've been doing researches everywhere. seems like Honda dont really resond to emails if its "out of scope". lol

Mike Star
27-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Any lucks on the V14? I've been doing researches everywhere. seems like Honda dont really resond to emails if its "out of scope". lol

I went thru this with Honda looking to upgrade from V12 to V13 last year. They were very slow to respond but finally advised me that they had sent a notice to dealers of a price reduction. It was still about $600 which is such a rip off!
I was lucky that my dealer had a car delivered with 2 Nav discs and he called me and did a swap of my V12 to V13 for free.

Re V14 has anyone tried to copy one of these discs, to make a back up copy :-) and got around any Protection Issues? If they have we should pitch in for a "Master Disc" and make some extra "back up copies" to look after ourselves if you follow my drift.

ms700
27-02-2008, 08:37 PM
V14 has been released, it is available form your Honda dealer, it is $499, with a free $50 petrol voucher from Whereis...... all of the dealers should be running promo's.

tingyi85
27-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Has anyone purchased it yet? Any major differences? Please keep up updated.

Hoyle
27-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Just buy a bluetooth GPS unit from eBay for $60.
Then get Nav4All for your mobile phone (www.nav4all.com) and have all the SatNav you want for nix.

That's what I do, works great, and you're always using the latest maps (well, we'll see when Eastlink opens anyway).

[edit]
OK, just checked and it looks like Australia's database was last updated Q2 2007, so might be getting another update soon (it uses the Navteq database).

tingyi85
27-02-2008, 09:01 PM
What about us who paid the extra thousands for the Sat Nav unit? ><

splashalot2000
27-02-2008, 09:03 PM
V14 has been released, it is available form your Honda dealer, it is $499, with a free $50 petrol voucher from Whereis...... all of the dealers should be running promo's.

Do you know when it was released? We picked-up our new Euro with satnav last Thursday and it came with V13. Dealer told me they couldn't get v14 yet :(

ms700
27-02-2008, 09:07 PM
It looks like they do a update every year, i guess it all depends on how accurate you want your genuine Sat Nav to be...... $450 per year is a lot for accuracy!

My XR6 is still running V9! Looks cool when you are apparently driving through fields!

ms700
27-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Do you know when it was released? We picked-up our new Euro with satnav last Thursday and it came with V13. Dealer told me they couldn't get v14 yet :(

Saw the bulletin come through either Thursday or Friday last week, got all the display promo stuff at the same time. Doubt the new deliveries like yours would have V14. Id go back, jump up and down, they'll give you V14, theres always enough space on the deal!!!!:zip:

I can get a part number for those who need one, or are having difficulties with their dealers telling them there is no such thing as V14!!!!:angel:

SPQR
27-02-2008, 10:07 PM

It was released this week.

tingyi85
29-02-2008, 08:05 AM
has anyone have a brand new v14 in their Sat Nav unit yet? can we have some ppl share their thoughts and pics (plz~~)

Thanks all

Euroman
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I spoke to spare parts in Melb b4 xmas and they told me Honda would not be going to V14. Then in the Honda mag i see V 14 with a $50 Voucher. When i called Honda they quoted me $500.

On www.whereis.com you can purchase the same thing for $395 BUT which version do you get ? There is no labelling on the unit nor on the cd that gives you the version. It looks like the VDO dayton http://www.vdodayton.com/default2_and_fz_menu=ms5700_dvd_system.aspx

The girl at Whereis couldnt / wouldnt tell me what version they sell to Honda. I figure $100 odd is better in my pocket than Honda's.

I am running V 12 and in Sydney this is now way out of date with M7 & M2.

I am inclined to just go and buy a new UBD.

Any guidance ?
thx

tingyi85
03-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Hopefully we'll get some update when someone gets the v14.
Goggling......goggling......

Mike Star
04-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Hey there,
has anyone tried to do a "back up copy" of their Navi Disc even if it is V12 or V13? If so did it work or was there copyright protection that couldn't be overwritten?
If it worked why don't we get a copy of V14 and do some "back up copies" ?
Cheers

tingyi85
04-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Have tried on my V13 on Imation Discs. Does not work.

breninoz
04-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I looked at the DVD on a computer. Some of the files say "Mitsubishi Electric Corporation" . Version is 28 September 2006.

It is possible to copy the DVD -- I made a copy of the DVD for a backup, and the backup is running happily in my SatNav while the original stays safe in its case.

I feel Honda made a silly marketing decision to modify the Whereis data to add the Honda dealer locations, and that's what is adding to the price and the delay in releasing the new version.
Oh, I'm running V13 -- got it with the car late December.
Brenda in Brisbane

tingyi85
04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
If thats the case, lets group buy one, and backup..... :P....

Wadayaguys think?

splashalot2000
04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Saw the bulletin come through either Thursday or Friday last week, got all the display promo stuff at the same time. Doubt the new deliveries like yours would have V14. Id go back, jump up and down, they'll give you V14, theres always enough space on the deal!!!!:zip:

I can get a part number for those who need one, or are having difficulties with their dealers telling them there is no such thing as V14!!!!:angel:

Part number for V14 would be good, thanks.

SS

tingyi85
04-03-2008, 09:37 AM
We're on fire!!! lets do it!!!

tingyi85
04-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Just sent an email to Eastern Honda in Victoria, attentioned their service department and CCed their GM Adrian.

Hi Service,

I would like a quote on the lastest released whereis V14 for my Dec 2007 Purchased Accord Euro via Maxine Collins.

Please organise a quote and let me know if I can purchase a copy asap.

Please do assign this case to someone as this is my 3rd request for a quote, previous 2 emails did not receive have any response.

Kind Regards,

Now guys, many hands make light work, I believe it is an absolute rip-off charing $5xx for a DVD. if you agree with me, join in and we can "group buy this DVD"

Join the revolution, V14 here we come!

tingyi85
04-03-2008, 10:30 AM
They responded FAST!!

Good morning Eric,

I am sorry that you have not received a reply in regards to you request, this is the first one that I have received (YEAH RIGHT) from you so I am unsure who you sent it to or where it went. The new version 14 disc has only been released in the last week and are on sale at the moment for $549.95 supplied and ????fitted????. The is an offer for a $50.00 fuel voucher by redemption from Honda if purchased this month.

I have just received an initial supply so if you could let me know if you want one put aside.

Regards,

Peter Berka
Operations Manager

Guys can we rectify on the FITTED part???? Do we need any hard-coded updates?

Exar Kun
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Depends if the unit itself needs flashing...

Mike Star
04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree lets someone put up the cash and get V14 and those of us interested agree to front up $x to recover that person's cost plus $y for the "back up" and we should be away. We just need a BSB and Account No for us to put our agreed share into. Right??

tingyi85
04-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Lets find out the best way to put some money together.

Eastern Honda has reserved me a copy and I can pick it up on Saturday.

tingyi85
04-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Let round up the people here.
- Myself
- Mike Star?
-
-
-

The DVD we know is $549.00
I'm willing to pay alittle more if I can be keeping the original copy. :) :)

Mike Star
05-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Let round up the people here.
- Myself
- Mike Star (Yep)
-
-
-

The DVD we know is $549.00
I'm willing to pay alittle more if I can be keeping the original copy. :) :)

Count me in

Lukey13
05-03-2008, 05:49 PM
I already have a copy of v.14 if that would help?

I've also got the original v.13 still as well.

:honda:

king9
06-03-2008, 12:52 AM
does v.14 include the new east link? (melbourne)

Exar Kun
06-03-2008, 07:20 AM
does v.14 include the new east link? (melbourne)

Yes indeed:

http://poweredby.whereis.com/Coverage-State-Detail.html#vic

My V14 arrived yesterday courtesy of Honda being nice to me. Had a look back over V13 and it said it had all major capital cities updated to 2005 UBD at least and yet as I said in the first post of this thread, there were roads that were completed 5 years ago that weren't in it. Oh well, V14 checks out OK with all the latest stuff which is good news.

breninoz
07-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Count me in too -- I'm pleased to see Honda came thru for the person who started this thread. I'll go thump a desk or two also since I made a big deal of it when we picked up our car late December.

sakinah
09-03-2008, 09:56 PM
my sister just bought a 2007 euro lux with sat nav
does anyone know if we can get a reversing camera and the image shows up on the sat nav screen? if so, how much is it?

hongster
10-03-2008, 07:32 PM
yep can get a cam to show up on screen, got the cable sitting right next to me, you plug it in and hook up a camera and when the car is is in reverse the screen flips over to the camera................ its all over tsx club site. check it out im using mine to hook up a dvd player to the main screen , only costs about $20 for the cable then up too $120 for a sweet camera..

Mike Star
18-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm in see my PM
Thanks,
Mike

winvin23
18-03-2008, 10:44 PM
im in.. pm sent. thx!

tingyi85
18-03-2008, 10:50 PM
PM Sent to everyone inregards to the newest update.

Lets embrace V14 :)

Mike Star
19-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi there Tingy
Its Mike Star
Check your PM

splashalot2000
20-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Whilst I admire your good intentions, have you read section 2.2 of the user agreement on the back of V14's case?:

"You must not reproduce, reverse compile, adapt, modify, assign, distribute or publish in any form the whole or any part of the product."

By opening the seal on the package you are deemed to have agreed with the license agreement.

I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that regardless what you call the copies (back-ups or whatever) you have reproduced the CD, and therefor violated the user agreement.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but have you considered the legal implications?

SS

bennjamin
20-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Come on guys REALLY.

What you speak of is ILLEGAL. So dont SPEAK of it here.

FYI , the reason ANY software is $XXX , is because its purchasing the rights NOT the actual plastic its printed on.

If you cant afford ir dont buy it. Just dont talk about doing dodgy things in here.

tingyi85
20-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Please close the topic