PDA

View Full Version : ek rear sway question

dahon
22-02-2008, 12:40 PM
if i get hold of a dc2 (vtir) rear sway and an asr brace for an ek1, i was told it was 15/16mm though, (or it could be 14?) would i need to change endlinks (ie buy CTR or EK4/EM1 endlinks) for it to fit?

how about the bushings and that?

the rear sway will fit on an ek1 asr brace right?

also i looked under the car today and i saw that my rear lcas have sway bar holes..
so i dont need to change LCAs i dont think... well atleast i think theyre sway bar holes..

need help on this asap. thanks

beeza
22-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Don't need to change the LCA's.
You need:
ASR brace kit to suit EK ( all the same for EK's)
either a DC2R or EK9 rear swaybar
EK4 OR ek9 swaybar endlinks.

The sways are 22/23mm.I would advise to get this size not 14/15mm.

dahon
22-02-2008, 06:29 PM
ynot the 14/15mm ones beeza?
i dont really want a super massive sway, you think 14/15 would do?
so i have to buy new endlinks then eh? the dc2 ones wont fit?
dammit

beeza
22-02-2008, 07:07 PM
14/15mm or anything is a great improvement over stock but most who have gone this route end up upgrading to a 22/23mm one and say it's way better.The endlinks and bushes should come with the swaybar if not just buy the complete set up from Bowzer at Modproject,much easier:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82606

dahon
22-02-2008, 08:40 PM
yeh but its kinda steep when i include buying it up with an asr brace...
the budget tightened up considerably so instead of springs etc, thinking of this first as its cheaper and i can install it myself within the next 2 wks before uni starts.
hopefully there are some around for the moment.. =(

so i need:

rear sway (ek9 or a 22/23mm one...) - comes with endlinks , bushings and d brackets
asr brace for an ek

what im confused with is i was reading another thread and someone said a dc2 sway with dc2 endlinks wouldnt fit an ek, ud have to change the endlinks and d-brackets.. is that tru?

Killa From Manila
22-02-2008, 08:59 PM
if u wana put a dc2 vtir swaybar u wont need an asr brace coz its small..i dont think it wud even fit on the asr brace coz my ek vtir bar didnt fit. u might as well get an ek4 14mm swaybar coz everything will bolt straight up to ur ek.

and if u do decide to go the 22mm bar route, u will need asr brace
and either full ek9 kit - swaybar, bushes, brackets endlinks

or

dc2r bar with bushes, brackets, EK9 endlinks, and something like asr endlink inserts so that the endlinks bolt up, or experiment with washers etc

beeza
22-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Well,I've been trying and keeping an eye out for months to get it cheap.It's Impossible cause they are really hard to get and when or if one does come up it's sold strait away.Ya gotta spend the money mate.

dahon
22-02-2008, 10:13 PM
ahh ic ic.. well its always better to look for a deal instead of paying extra straight away and then seeing a good deal after uve paid... which always happens to me... haha
well yeh then i mite aswell get a whiteline one then...
but if theres an ek9 one out there.. then thatd be awesome

Limbo
22-02-2008, 10:31 PM
just get the whiteline one. If you get the ASR brace it will be fine.
Just make sure that the dc2 one fits you exhaust piping and doesn't hit.

the 14mm is not gonna improve much, people upgrade that to the 22mm for a reason.

the aftermarket control arms are also a good combo for the setup. certainly improves cornering.

I currently have ASR + 22mm whiteline + LCA. Its great certainly recommend it

22-02-2008, 10:54 PM
wat lca you using limbo?

[ricer]
22-02-2008, 10:58 PM
wat lca you using limbo?

terminator ones lol

dupac->
22-02-2008, 11:16 PM
im running 22mm whiteline rsb/skunk2 lca/asr

cant complain
handles well

beeza
23-02-2008, 12:48 AM
the aftermarket control arms are also a good combo for the setup. certainly improves cornering.

How did you find that out Limbo? I asked a fair bit about this but no one said it does anything except weight reduction and bling.

dahon
23-02-2008, 12:50 AM
yeh, i thought it was just weight reduction and bling aswell..
but how much weight would you save in the end anyways?
ill get new lcas later.. jus got my car aligned, cbb having to align it agen...

dupac->
27-02-2008, 01:23 PM
erms. lca's from installing them seem much stiffer.. wouldnt flex like the stock lca's so i guess that would help with handling.

thicker than the stock lca's and im sure with the endlinks bolt into the would hold much better than stock lca's.

looks hot too!

beeza
27-02-2008, 04:40 PM
So stock lca's flex?

BlitZ
28-02-2008, 08:23 AM
if u are only after 13-15 get a ek4 one.. no asr needed and will be dirt cheap

dupac->
28-02-2008, 08:34 AM
So stock lca's flex?
i would think so.. because installing coil overs i had to take the stock lca's off the bottom to whack the bolt in.. and we could flex the stock lca around to line up the whole with the bolt.

AND

while installing the asr brace and puttin the after market lca's was a pain in the ass to line up because they didnt flex at all.. we had to flex and bang other stuff around it.

so yeah that would prbs help with overall handling i suppose. along with other combos

beeza
28-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Wow! Suprised! Yeah,if they flex then I would definately agree that aftermarket lca's improve handling as an improvement over stock.

dupac->
28-02-2008, 01:48 PM
and yeah urethane bushes that you get helps too
really stiff the way i like it

HAHAHA! so gay

beeza
28-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Haha! Yeah,I'll definately be gettin' them :)

dupac->
28-02-2008, 03:00 PM
even if it doesnt od anything has a nice look to em

beeza
28-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Oh they definately do something.

dahon
29-02-2008, 01:09 PM
beezas a fan of form following function i can see.. hehehe
sigh i want my asr brace + sway already =(
what sux is my cars on stock suspension right now so it looks like a monster truck =(

Limbo
29-02-2008, 01:47 PM
see i only did things one at a time.
First i did the swaybar 22mm whiteline - was great the car oversteers and i could hook it around.
Second i did the ASR cos of all the sub-frame rips - stopped most of the swaybar creaking noise

Third got cheap LCA, which i thought was for bling also so i wacked them in. Noted the car didn't swing anymore and started to turn more. The rear LCAs seemed to help traction on rear as the seem to move up and down better than my old ones. Old ones were not broken or anything either

P.S - they were SAGE brand. I don't think it matters much in brand though

Limbo
29-02-2008, 01:50 PM
[RICER] - ASTALAVISTA baby!

i'm sure your LCAs also help mate

souperman
09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
if u wana put a dc2 vtir swaybar u wont need an asr brace coz its small..i dont think it wud even fit on the asr brace coz my ek vtir bar didnt fit. u might as well get an ek4 14mm swaybar coz everything will bolt straight up to ur ek.

and if u do decide to go the 22mm bar route, u will need asr brace
and either full ek9 kit - swaybar, bushes, brackets endlinks

or

dc2r bar with bushes, brackets, EK9 endlinks, and something like asr endlink inserts so that the endlinks bolt up, or experiment with washers etc

can you not use the dc2r endlinks on an ek?

souperman
09-03-2008, 09:13 PM
clarify.
does this combo: itr22mm rearswaybar + itr endlinks + bushes + asr fit on an ek?

Killa From Manila
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
no that combo will not work.

u need ek4/ek9 endlinks and somthing like asr endlink inserts

vinnY
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM
no itr endlinks are completely different to ek

either get asr inserts or ghetto up some bushings with ek endlinks