PDA

View Full Version : Help in moving the Accord Badge on a MY06 Euro

Mike Star
22-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey there,
I want to remove the Euro badge that is beside the Accord badge on the rear of my MY06 Euro Lux. I was going to use a hair dryer to do that.
1. Is that the best option to remove the badge
The Accord badge will now not be centred
2. If I also remove it with a hair dryer would I be able to relocate it centrally in the area where both badges previously were?
3. If I can relocate it will I need to use new/more adhesive to do so? and
4. If yes what type of adhesive could I use that would allow it to be removed by someone else in the future if they wished to do so?
Thanks heaps,
Mike

EuroDude
22-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Carefully heat the badge up with a hair dryer, then slice it off using dental floss or thin fishing line, then use goo remover or isopropyl alcohol to remove the glue left over.

To reapply the badge, clean the glue off and use a strong outdoor double sided sticky tape (decent 3M stuff found at hardware stores)

Mike Star
26-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Carefully heat the badge up with a hair dryer, then slice it off using dental floss or thin fishing line, then use goo remover or isopropyl alcohol to remove the glue left over.

To reapply the badge, clean the glue off and use a strong outdoor double sided sticky tape (decent 3M stuff found at hardware stores)

Thanks heaps,
Can you recommend a brand of Goo Remover or Isopropyl Alchohol and where to get them? Is there a special automotive 3M Tape or do I just look for Outdoor suitable?

EuroDude
26-02-2008, 09:02 AM
You can get Isopropyl Alchohol at the chemist, all brands are basically the same thing. Or even Methylated Spirits will be fine.

Any strong outdoor 3M tape will do, go to the hardware store and look at their selection, pick the strongest thinnest outdoor high-temperature one.

Mike Star
26-02-2008, 10:48 AM
You can get Isopropyl Alchohol at the chemist, all brands are basically the same thing. Or even Methylated Spirits will be fine.

Any strong outdoor 3M tape will do, go to the hardware store and look at their selection, pick the strongest thinnest outdoor high-temperature one.

Thanks heaps mate,
Will get to it in the next day or two.
Cheers :wave:

EUR003act
26-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks heaps mate,
Will get to it in the next day or two.
Cheers :wave:

you might find it beneficial to remove your tail light before heating the badge.. i accidentally heated mine a lil too much and melted the light :(

replacement from honda costs $234.... for one light!

EuroDude
26-02-2008, 09:52 PM
ouch, should have sourced one from the wreckers - mite be hard to find tho

EUR003act
26-02-2008, 10:21 PM
ouch, should have sourced one from the wreckers - mite be hard to find tho

hehe i got my second set from wreckers, now i got four spare ones now :p

lol so if anyone does stuff one, i can help

tmy
26-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Can you post up a pic when your done? sounds like it would look pretty nice.