PDA

View Full Version : clicking noise HELP!

henrygiang
22-02-2008, 06:04 PM
hi. there is a clicking noise that changes as the speed changes...ie the fast i go, the faster it clicks.....i never noticed this before.....could it be the CV joint or something else???? also, a few months ago, my CV boots cracked and grease went everywhere and i know that the front left CV joint needs replacing.....will be done next service. thanks for any replies

Drew
22-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Quiet possibly the CV joint yes...

Get it fixed sooner rather than later

ekdez
22-02-2008, 07:32 PM
a rock in the tyre?..

u stated that only a clicking noise is happening.. not from where... try be more specific..

55EXX
22-02-2008, 09:14 PM
new tyres? then my bet is a rock in the tyre. happens to me all the time! i hate it!

henrygiang
23-02-2008, 12:11 AM
new tyres? then my bet is a rock in the tyre. happens to me all the time! i hate it!

i did replace my rim today with an older (exactly the same) one......taken from the exact same model car only 1 yr difference....will check tomorow thanks :)

Drew
23-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Just check the threads to see if there are any rocks

What kinda clicking sound is it? Very loud or not really?

henrygiang
23-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Just check the threads to see if there are any rocks

What kinda clicking sound is it? Very loud or not really?

i can only hear it if i really look for it....i have to turn off the stereo and close the windows to listen to it properly

henrygiang
23-02-2008, 10:12 AM
a rock in the tyre?..

u stated that only a clicking noise is happening.. not from where... try be more specific..

from what i can tell....it is coming from the front of te car....ie close to the engine.....cant exactly tell if its from the left or right

henrygiang
23-02-2008, 03:56 PM
okay...so i think i may have found the problem.....i changed the original alloys + tyre's back and it has stopped the deep whump whump whump sound that it used to have.....i think it was the compound in the tyres.....the originall which i have on now are yokohama s306 tyres that were made at the beginning of 05. the tyres that made the whum whump sound had the Dunlop Sport D8 (made in week 31 in 2000) on em with the exact same alloys i have on now(came from 97 EJ8 opposed to my 96 EJ8 alloys). would this be the tyre compound or the fact that it is 8yrs old or so???

Drew
23-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Tires have a shelf life of ~6 years so if they are from 2000 that might explain a few things?