PDA

View Full Version : Annoying noise from the front

23-02-2008, 03:47 AM
There is an annoying "click" sound coming from the front of my EK. It usually comes when the time i step on the gas and changing gear from 1>2>3>4. The sound is especially noticeable when the car start moving from still. It doesn't really matter how fast is the car running, it comes even if i just step on the gas moving like one inch to the front/back...

I have changed the drive shafts, CV boots and every ball joints which near the front wheels. Doesn't looks like there is something loosen, well, at least i cant found any.

Anyone has that problem with or have any idea where the sound from?

Cheers
Ron

55EXX
23-02-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah i have heard fitting aftermarket brake pads can cause this problem. they don't quite fit and move and click.

baeshin
24-02-2008, 09:53 AM
could be a chance that it's your gear box

but yeh dont take my word for it.. go to a mechanic

omgzilla
24-02-2008, 09:39 PM
There's plenty of things that could cause clicking noises - suspension components/brakes/mounts/joints/drivetrain/brackets - the list goes on!

Without hearing the noise first hand the only real help you may get on here is guesswork.

Start by having a good look over all of your mounts and bushes and make sure everything is tight!

When I got my EK4 I 'ran a spanner over' everything and was very surprised at how loose some suspension parts were!

z3lda
24-02-2008, 09:55 PM
check ur front lower control arm bushing

dzyn3
25-02-2008, 12:33 PM
troubleshoot with the clutch while your in gear.. i had a similar issue and it was the gearbox, release bearing and some other stuff.

noise was present when i was engaging in gear though was not there when I had the clutch in. there was also a slight howling noise along with the clicking/tapping.

25-02-2008, 01:41 PM
troubleshoot with the clutch while your in gear.. i had a similar issue and it was the gearbox, release bearing and some other stuff.

noise was present when i was engaging in gear though was not there when I had the clutch in. there was also a slight howling noise along with the clicking/tapping.

this is quite make sense for me too
so how did you get rid of it?

EuroDude
25-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Tighten and grease the suspension and check the bushings ftw

teh_mechanic
25-02-2008, 08:44 PM
this is quite make sense for me too
so how did you get rid of it?

if its something to do with your clutch (sound from the release bearing etc) then you will have to take the gearbox off to get a better look to see what is going on.as he said,troubleshoot by seeing if the noise has any relation to when you press in or release the clutch,this would steer you away from a suspension problem and let you look for a gearbox/clutch problem,very different.

imo,go to a mechanic and let them check it out before you make hasty decisions from people online who havnt heard the noise

nick_sixx
25-02-2008, 08:53 PM
^^ my girlfriend had this problem in her 04 civic, except only in 2nd and 3rd gears, it sounded as if the clutch was engaging funny though when i drove it. ps teh_mechanic, saw you on saturday picking up some1 from soundwave

teh_mechanic
25-02-2008, 09:11 PM
^^ my girlfriend had this problem in her 04 civic, except only in 2nd and 3rd gears, it sounded as if the clutch was engaging funny though when i drove it. ps teh_mechanic, saw you on saturday picking up some1 from soundwave

if it is in relation to changing gears or clutching then thats where he should look,if hes rolling in nuetral and it happens round a corner or something then its suspension.like always,its something you need to hear in real life.

i was trying to get into the street that the cops had blocked off,trust me to turn up to my mates party in an apartment on that street at the exact time soundwave finished and thousands were spilling onto the streets.man cop yelled at me,lady cop let me in when i said i lived there :cool:

backdog
26-02-2008, 04:44 PM
When you changed diveshafts did you lubricate the driveshaft splines before sliding it into the hub? Sometimes there is a little movement between hub splines and driveshaft splines and creates a clicking noise when first accellerating,Use molley grease and plenty of it.