PDA

View Full Version : Accord VTi-L 2007?

cvxmelody
24-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Hello all,
I acquired the Accord VTi-L 2007 model a couple of months ago during the driveaway special...

A few observations...

I noticed that the fuel gauge only works when the key is in ignition mode. The car that it replaces (Honda Accord 1990 model) had one of those gauges that shows the fuel level at all times, even with the ignition off.

Is there any technical reason why later Accords have lost this "feature", or can this be put down to cost-cutting? And I'm curious about the 2007 Accord V6 Luxury and the new 2008 Accord & Accord Euro - do their fuel gauges behave similarly?

Comparing the 2007 VTi-L with my old 1990 Accord, they are both luxury spec'd. I noticed that the electric drivers seat on the 2007 model does not have proper up-down adjustment, only a kind of up-down rear tilt (the angle of the seat changes), whereas the 1990 Accord had the full up-down. Minor gripe.

But not so minor is the suspension of the 2007, which is considerably harsher than the 1990 model! In fact, the old Accord had an exceptionally smooth suspension giving a very plush ride and luxurious feel. This is rather disappointing to me... (I would have thought that Accord is aimed at a more conservative market where a smoother ride would be desirable)

Can anyone suggest a type of spring (or whatever else in the way of components) that could replace the stock ones in the 2007 Accord to give a smoother ride? I'm not interested in lowering or other performance enhancements.

The other thing to mention is there were some defects when the (brand new) VTi-L was delivered to me. The child safety lock on the right passenger seat was faulty (door couldn't be opened from the inside), as was the cupholder in the rear fold-down armrest. Both had to be replaced under warranty. And even after replacement, I find the rear cupholder to be of noticeably inferior quality compared to the one in the front (the lid has to be pressed right the way down for it to close properly, the front one doesn't have this problem)

Has anyone compared the interior build quality of the regular Accord (Thai built) versus the Euro (Japan built)? Would these kind of issues be less likely to arise with the Euro?

Anyway, despite the above problems, overall I am quite happy with the new Accord. The interior/exterior is attractive. And aside from the very rough suspension, the car handles well. Plus the factory sound system is terrific.

longers
24-02-2008, 08:22 PM
i have the same problem with my rear cupholders...haven't got around to fixing it yet...

my sister has the euro 05 lux model...and the interior is pretty much the same
and the fuel needle does fall back to zero...
besides the fact it is more powerful...and more definded looking the euro and accord aren't that different

did you know..when you leave your lights on...close the door and press the lock button...your lights turn off after 10 or so seconds...took me a few months to work out. thought you might wanna know:thumbsup:

cvxmelody
26-02-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah, thanks for pointing this out, I'd never have known...

there are definitely some nice luxury touches in this vehicle... the lighting in the cabin is pretty slick as well, I like the way it fades in and out when you open/close the door... and how the cabin light automatically comes on when you switch off at night..

if only the suspension could be improved then the car would be darn near perfect!!

j.meng87
26-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I think the reason of the fuel gauge are:
~to deter theft from stealing the car as they need to start it to know the fuel level.
~Also it could be for aesthetics purpose since when the car is off the temp & rpm gauge etc goes down

longers
26-02-2008, 07:48 PM
i rkn its awesome cuase the only time i've seen it is on mercs
and when you park people will be like you have your lights on
and you can't say dw they'll turn off:thumbsup:

viper8548
27-02-2008, 01:37 AM
i rkn its awesome cuase the only time i've seen it is on mercs
and when you park people will be like you have your lights on
and you can't say dw they'll turn off:thumbsup:

I have it on my 2000 camry as well :P