PDA

View Full Version : fair price for EG si?

matchuk
24-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi new to forums my first post,

I'm thinking of purchasing an EG, well pretty much I will buy it if theres no obstructions but i came across a black EG Si 92 around 165k kilometres im just wondering if the price 6999 is fair assuming no rust and damage...

I've looked all over this forum and found alot of useful information on civics, but another question i want to ask is are there any general problems the 92 si eg civics have that a number of people have encountered? and is it also true it does not come with power windows and central locking??

Thing is this will be my first car and buying a 16yr car kinda gives me second thoughts, in my family we have a 06 civic and recently bought a 94 prelude vtir for my brother and that goes hell hard, but the amount of petrol we spend is crazy hence i am looking at EGs

anyways just a thanks in advance for all the information people have contributed in this forum, from a noob who only knew the ek9 model of the civic i at least know how idea of the range of civic chasis and engine codes :)

90LAN
24-02-2008, 09:30 PM
it is a good base car
good motor with power everything
7 k for a black eg si is reasonable
rare in the black colour for a eg si

JDM.Power
24-02-2008, 09:31 PM
6999 for 165km,
is abit to much, what about rego how long?
max i would pay for a eg vti/si is 6k even with low km (110-140km)

for the car your looking at, 6k is the price!!

matchuk
24-02-2008, 09:54 PM
thing is after spending nites of reading thru different car specs and reviews i really like the Si, in nsw its nearly impossible to find a Si let alone a stock black one i dunno

the EK vti are way outta my price range, my plan was gettin the Si and later doing some basic mods like intake, exhaust, springs and strut

so anything thats not si ie cxi gli etc i wont really look at

i also hear si has a great reputation for stock performance i wonder how it will go against the lude

anyways since 7k is too expensive i mite try ask dealer for cheaper highlighting the fact its a 16 yr old car but dealers are hard to negotiate with

anything in particular i should look at when inspecting the car, im not too well with cars but not retarded

phwoaaa
25-02-2008, 12:11 AM
7000 is reasonable withihn those milage and stuff
rest is dependent on body condition and rego and stuff
the price on eg si/vti are so high because of the high demands x__x
id probably say about 6000-8000 for one thats done about 150k-180k
any lower then 150k would be 7000-9000 range now days i think
i bought mine eg si for 6XXX with 16X,XXX ...
and also it does have power windows... dont really know about central locking because mine has a alarm button already =P
i was actually planning to sell my eg si for roughly 7-8k with my mods on it.