PDA

View Full Version : Tracking euro

BlitZ
25-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi guys,

I am pondering the thought of a Euro with maybe atmost..

Semi, coilovers, exhaust, airfilter in std box and KPro.

Anyone got something similiar and have track/drag times to share.

thanks,
Dan

euro77
25-02-2008, 05:50 PM
track time at sandown 1:45, but that was my first time, but never came back to sandown again with my euro so don't know what times I will get if I still have the car now. but this is with subwoofer in the boot, heavy ass :D

I went to this drag day (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23574&highlight=drag+day) but can't find my timeslip anymore. I think I ran high 15s or low 16s, again with boot heavy with subwoofer.

bennjamin
25-02-2008, 06:00 PM
aarong , amoungst others has taken his pretty much stock euro around wakie and done decent times...all the above mods would equate to a decent time close to better stock cars

Chris_F
25-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi guys,

I am pondering the thought of a Euro with maybe atmost..

Semi, coilovers, exhaust, airfilter in std box and KPro.

Anyone got something similiar and have track/drag times to share.

thanks,
Dan

The euro's fair better than most people think on the track. Two former euro owners (Matt and Steve) tracked their cars regularly at queensland raceway (sprint track) with good results.

Steve had: coilovers, brake pads, sway bar, 16" semis, comptech intake (similar to stock), header, exhaust and managed to do 62 second laps. His car was the 50kg+ heavier luxury version aswell.

Matt had: Intake, header, brake pads, sway bar, coilovers, 16" semis and was doing 63 second laps.

To put that into perspective, When steve's R34 GTR Vspec was stock he was doing 60-61 second laps. (With mods he's now around 57 seconds)

When it comes to ECU, the euro has DBW so unless you don't mind losing your dash, traction control and air conditioning it's not really an option. Otherwise you can try waiting for the jtune reflash. Alternatively there's the Greddy emanage ultimate, Motec m400, EFI Euro1 that I believe will work with the euro.

I say go for it :thumbsup::thumbsup: