PDA

View Full Version : After market head unit in DC2R??

Kiz_EG6
25-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi guys

Just after some advice from ppl who have put an aftermarket h/u into a DC2.

Ok, so after finally struggling to get the factory h/u unbolted and out and getting my nice alpine replacement in, just a few problems.

1. the din pocket was bolted to the factory unit, so now it just sits in there and slides around, what is the best way to both stop this and secure the din pocket and head unit in place?

Also, as i have amped all the speakers plus subs, so there are 6 rca's sticking out the back and the head unit won't fit in all the way! Now, i'd really rather not hack up the RCA's and put those 45 degree angled plugs on them, as they were top quality leads, so is there any way to take out the metal bracket that the factory h/u was bolted to? will this effect anything else?

Sorry for the long winded story, but hopefully anyone who has done this knows what i am talking bout, thanks!

bungsai
25-02-2008, 05:45 PM
tape the din pocket to the head unit. Wrap it up good with ductape a couple of times.

As for doing it properly, go to the aerpro website www.aerpro.com.au, look up the head unit mounting cage for the Integra DC2. Call autobarn and order it in. Then bolt your head unit into that...and then bolt that into the car, its the only way to do it properly.

as for the head unit fitting, ive never had a problem, and had a BUTTload of wires hanging out the back. make sure you pull the wires instead of just shoving the head unit in.

dsp26
25-02-2008, 05:49 PM
tape the din pocket to the head unit. Wrap it up good with ductape a couple of times.

As for doing it properly, go to the aerpro website www.aerpro.com.au, look up the head unit mounting cage for the Integra DC2. Call autobarn and order it in. Then bolt your head unit into that...and then bolt that into the car, its the only way to do it properly.

as for the head unit fitting, ive never had a problem, and had a BUTTload of wires hanging out the back.

yah only solution unless buying said replacement... did it to my mrs gsi after installing one of those decks with a 4.2in screen... but i had to swap them around...

IZY-10
25-02-2008, 06:08 PM
X3 that. Try using american gaffa tape for best results

Kiz_EG6
26-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Sweet, thanks guys, think i've got the answer i was looking for... I will order the aerpro kit, gotta be the cleanest way to do it!!