PDA

View Full Version : Integra Type R Vs Civic Type R

tectalk
25-02-2008, 02:41 PM
DC5R (not DC2R) VS the new Civic Type r (FN2R)

What are your thoughts and what is a better car overall?
As my next car might be a Civic type r so help me out cheers.

dc2dc2dc2
25-02-2008, 02:42 PM
which CTR vs which ITR ?

tectalk
25-02-2008, 02:53 PM
which CTR vs which ITR ?

DC5R (not DC2R) VS the new Civic Type r

bodaas
25-02-2008, 03:50 PM
definately new civic type r if you talking bout stock car

lOstd
25-02-2008, 04:58 PM
hmm i just rekon the new civic type r's look pretty whackd from the back
thats just my opinion though

chinesewhisperz
25-02-2008, 06:50 PM
best thing to do would be to go test drive 1 yourself & make up your own conclusion.

prego
25-02-2008, 09:28 PM
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=7-MqNKLl0mk&mode=related&search=

45SET
25-02-2008, 09:29 PM
All I hear is JDM fanboy blah blah blah. Guess what? You haven't got one.

Guess what... he makes sence and you don't... ssooo... STFU noob

The car has more power... and weigh less... dosn't take an idiot to realise that it'll probably be quicker.

When comparing the FN2r and the DC5r... i still think the DC5r looks better... ALOT better

milkman
25-02-2008, 10:13 PM
CTR = Torson Beam Rear End!!!!!!! :(

7ypeR
25-02-2008, 10:52 PM
CTR definitely has an agro looking front but the back is damn ugly. In terms of power n all that, the DC5R is better. Even though the teg has less power, it makes up for it with its lightness and lsd gearbox. Check both car's stats and you will see. I will agree with 4sset, the DC5R does look better. I'm not just sayin that cos i own one :). In terms of originality, I'd go for the CTR. You would be one of the first to own (and hopefully mod) one.

SeverAMV
25-02-2008, 11:24 PM
specs arent everything, design changes to everything are very noticeable (assuming we're talking about the jdm spec ctr).

the jdm spec ctr is faster than the dc5r in both quarter mile and track times despite very similar specs.

but if you're talking about the eudm ones that we're getting, im not too sure. depends on what shape you like really. i prefer hatches, so im with the ctr. it might turn heads for all the wrong reasons, but at least it turns heads~

DC2108
25-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Fn2 = Zero Kool
Sorry !

rayb3na_
25-02-2008, 11:45 PM
dc5r ftw!

Bludger
26-02-2008, 03:34 PM
fn2r rear sussy just doesn't cut it

sorry

EL_DC5
26-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Mate
In all Honesty EP3 > FN2 (aka Fat Nugget 2)
and AU DC5S > AU DC5R

7ypeR
26-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Mate
and AU DC5S > AU DC5R

It's Fn2R vs Dc5R not Ep3R vs Fn2r, Dc5S vs Dc5R. The guy is tossin up between 2 cars not 4.

SuperSteve
26-02-2008, 08:59 PM
*cough* ep3 ftw *cough*

BusterSonic12
26-02-2008, 09:28 PM
reckon the DC5R looks better than FN2R

EL_DC5
27-02-2008, 09:00 AM
It's Fn2R vs Dc5R not Ep3R vs Fn2r, Dc5S vs Dc5R. The guy is tossin up between 2 cars not 4.

I thought it was our job to inform and give opinions. I would have to be a absolute n00b to buy a FN2, its a k20 jazz full of gimics!!

If it has to be between the 2 car on 1st post go the DC5, sex appeal and better handling :thumbsup:

tectalk
27-02-2008, 09:45 AM
I thought it was our job to inform and give opinions. I would have to be a absolute n00b to buy a FN2, its a k20 jazz full of gimics!!

If it has to be between the 2 car on 1st post go the DC5, sex appeal and better handling :thumbsup:

thanks for all the suggestions i might keep with my DC5R, just becouse i like the shape better as all i was going for is a newer car, i might just save for the new s2 :) (cant go wrong lol)

Chi
27-02-2008, 09:52 AM
fn2r rear sussy just doesn't cut it

sorry

Torsion Beam FTL !

bodaas
27-02-2008, 03:30 PM
prolly next 5 years, more people will say the same thing fn2r much better
because i havent seen people modify fn2r yet, so we will see

Dane
28-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Why is everyone haters of torsion beam??

I have a Peugeot 405 MI16 and Clio sport cup both with torsion bars. I also had a 1997 DC2 VTIR and it's handling capabilities weren't even comparable to my other cars. In fact I haven't driven any honda that feels as controlable, stable or good as my two cars with torsion beam rear end.

I think Honda my have learned something from the French nuts at Renault :p

EL_DC5
28-02-2008, 08:25 AM

I have a Peugeot 405 MI16 and Clio sport cup both with torsion bars. I also had a 1997 DC2 VTIR and it's handling capabilities weren't even comparable to my other cars. In fact I haven't driven any honda that feels as controlable, stable or good as my two cars with torsion beam rear end.

They saved money on using Jazz/Fit Chasiss, torsion beam is old obsolete technology, another money saver.
Just watch the review that Jeremy Clarkson gives on Top Gear!!!

Nepolian
28-02-2008, 08:32 AM

No one is a hater of torsion beam, just the one on the FN2 :)

In fact that fifthgear raced the EP3 and FN2 and the nugget got whipped!

And thats the model it replaced. To make it worse, they raced the FD2R and it too beat the nugget again!

I personally like the FN2R. Its got good looks and is relatively fast. Its good for what itis made for. Lets face it, how many people here actually go to the track where maximum handling is utilised?? and street racing is BAD!....mmmmmkay!

Anyway, my vote is DC5, but for some people having a new car is important for various reasons like leases etc......then your forgiven for buying the nugget :)

EL_DC5
28-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I feel sorry for all the people that went all gun Hoe with the new CTR and bought one. It more gimic than any honda ive seen.
If only we got the FD2R here

Nepolian
28-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Its not gimmick from, its staying with the competition! Think about it the buyers for these cars, I bet the target for these car were professionals aged between 25-40. If they made an outright sports car with heavy suspension, less body deadening etc...no one would buy these cars!

Unfortunately the day has come where having lots of goodies and lots of airbags have come and due to competition Honda has to meet the car markets expectations.

Has anyone here driven a Golf GTI and seen how dood it is. Its sporty without a harsh ride, its fast and it has everything inside the cabin. Im sorry, FN2 still doesnt compare at the same price. Reason why the FN2 sells is due to it just having enough goodies and the brand.

No one can deny that the FD2R is a good car! But from a marketing POV, the FN2R has more appeal across the board. Believe it or not all you diehard FD fans, alot of people I've met think that the FD shape is ugly.

my 2c

iced
28-02-2008, 09:28 AM
CTR = Torson Beam Rear End!!!!!!! :(
PLUS NO LSD
I CANT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THAT
freakins noobs !!! LOL

DC5R is the WINNER!!!!

Amusevtec
28-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Mate
and AU DC5S > AU DC5R

In all Honesty??

<4n'D>
28-02-2008, 12:17 PM
im not a fan of either car, but dc5r > fn2r.

its a lot lighter and has the same power, also looks way better...

plus the brake and throttle pedals on fn2r are too close to each other making it difficult or impossible for people with big feet to heeltoe.

aaronng
28-02-2008, 12:47 PM
im not a fan of either car, but dc5r > fn2r.

its a lot lighter and has the same power, also looks way better...

plus the brake and throttle pedals on fn2r are too close to each other making it difficult or impossible for people with big feet to heeltoe.

What about when compared to your DC2R? I found that I couldn't even move my right leg in a DC2R because the steering column was blocking it. Much more space in both the DC5R and FN2R for me to maneuver my foot around though.

<4n'D>
28-02-2008, 03:03 PM
What about when compared to your DC2R? I found that I couldn't even move my right leg in a DC2R because the steering column was blocking it. Much more space in both the DC5R and FN2R for me to maneuver my foot around though.

yeah i had that problem too... but found out it was because of my shoes.

i buy shoes of varying sizes actually, and the size 13 superstars gave me more space than some size 11 pumas for some reason. i couldnt even move the base of my foot to the throttle in the pumas, but it was no problem with the adidas shoes. i think it all depends how fat the shoe is from the base of the foot; the fatter or wider, the harder it is (and more it rubs.)

fn2r is impossible for me because the pedals are bunched way too closely... although i guess its less of a problem when going at higher speeds and braking harder.

Mikes_DC5R
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi... I read through this thread, and i'm going... Both cars are marketed and made towards different markets.

I own a DC5R but before that i drove a CTR from john blair for 2 weeks... i was lucki, a mate worked there at the time.. anyways when i drove the CTR. it maybe had more power stock, but it didn't feel like a sporty hatchup. It felt alot more cruisy and no where near as sporty as the stock DC5R. I gotta say i don't like the look of the new civic type r.. but the interior is really trippy. I like it :P

My DC5R is alot more of a drivers car, where the CTR is really grown up.. It has more space at the back and i geuss a little bit more practical to drive daily...

but yeah DC5R is much better in performance and price.. you have to be crazy to buy a hatchback thats 45k with no LSD and independent rear suspension replace from the better macphersons that were on the EP3R.

Also if you ever seen the inside hood of the new CTR... how can you do mods... no space at all... :P

tectalk
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi... I read through this thread, and i'm going... Both cars are marketed and made towards different markets.

I own a DC5R but before that i drove a CTR from john blair for 2 weeks... i was lucki, a mate worked there at the time.. anyways when i drove the CTR. it maybe had more power stock, but it didn't feel like a sporty hatchup. It felt alot more cruisy and no where near as sporty as the stock DC5R. I gotta say i don't like the look of the new civic type r.. but the interior is really trippy. I like it :P

My DC5R is alot more of a drivers car, where the CTR is really grown up.. It has more space at the back and i geuss a little bit more practical to drive daily...

but yeah DC5R is much better in performance and price.. you have to be crazy to buy a hatchback thats 45k with no LSD and independent rear suspension replace from the better macphersons that were on the EP3R.

Also if you ever seen the inside hood of the new CTR... how can you do mods... no space at all... :P

TOP INFO MATE!!! thats what i was after :D

Brian FD2R
05-03-2008, 05:34 AM
I may be well off the mark here as the Teg DC5R has 218bhp whereas the civic FN2R has only 198bhp,ive driven both cars, and Im actually running about in a Championship white DC5 type R just now and performance an build quality the JDM teg wins hands down,Interior it goes to the FN2.There have been comparison tests of the FN2 against the EP3 and the EP3 won

m0nty ITR
05-03-2008, 06:38 AM
I may be well off the mark here as the Teg DC5R has 218bhp whereas the civic FN2R has only 198bhp,ive driven both cars, and Im actually running about in a Championship white DC5 type R just now and performance an build quality the JDM teg wins hands down,Interior it goes to the FN2.There have been comparison tests of the FN2 against the EP3 and the EP3 won

You're not from Australia, are you? Our DC5R isn't spec'd like the JDM version.

Brian FD2R
05-03-2008, 06:54 AM
No Im not,please tell what the OZ spec is and why is a type R ?

Brian FD2R
05-03-2008, 07:17 AM
No Im not, please tell what the OZ spec is and why is a type R ?
As all type Rs in the UK are JDM if they are DC5s

air23box
05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
ITs just like a step down version,
no brembo,
no K20A, we use K20a2, only got 147kw,
16 inch rims. Same as base with red badge,
different exhaust system, from extractor to rear muffler,
ECU program in different way,
less 15mm offset all round,
Stock suspension is about 5-10mm higher then JDM,
Cluster display to 200km+ and the (TYPE R) is missing,
no folding mirrors,

But we do have
recaros,
LSD,
6 speed gear box
S2k AP1 front brake setup

thats pretty much I know.......

Mikes_DC5R
05-03-2008, 09:07 AM
All good man.. Im Mr.r on clubITR

I saw your car at the garage cafe last week on thursday.. heard the car idle. and i it was just singing to me... I want my DC5R to sound like that. when you revved it.. i was like ohh yeah!!! u were playing with another blue type r lol.. anyways what have you done to it??

cheers

TOP INFO MATE!!! thats what i was after :D

aaronng
05-03-2008, 12:05 PM
No Im not, please tell what the OZ spec is and why is a type R ?
As all type Rs in the UK are JDM if they are DC5s

It's like comparing a JDM EP3R with a UKDM EP3R.

Brian FD2R
06-03-2008, 03:58 AM
Over here we have and which I had, a Premier civic EP3 which was same as JDM EP3 in Interior and exterior the only differance was the engine mapping JDM 215bhp UKDM 197bhp

TypeRice
08-03-2008, 12:28 PM
integra is better based on looks.
hatchbacks looks wack..

bartek
09-03-2008, 10:40 AM
fn2r hasnt been made in japan yet, has it?

TECBOY
09-03-2008, 12:16 PM
dc5r is better in every aspect from styling to performance
no question about it!!!

EL_DC5
22-04-2008, 08:45 PM
ctr fn2r had been discontinued LOL

FAT NUGGET 2 Retarded

samsung001
22-04-2008, 11:22 PM
ctr fn2r had been discontinued LOL

FAT NUGGET 2 Retarded

Are you serious? Chance for FD2R ?

vippy84
23-04-2008, 12:03 AM
DC5R yo!!

VT1-R
23-04-2008, 02:53 AM
DC5R anywhere anytime.. FN2R are heavy.. IMO honda have to be light to start with, to stand any chance against the big boys(EVO, STI, Nissan turbos)...Even neglecting the fact of power to weight ratio, there's nth Fn2R has thats gonna cause us sleepless nights.. Its just a euro-styled looking nice hatchback with spaceship liked luxury interior.. It has too much options that made it heavier.. 1380kg with 147kw is good but not fantastic..

Also, No LSD? Thats the knock out blow..

Ek9/EP3>FN2.. unrelated though.. lol..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ64UEbm4_o&feature=related

DC5R FTW...

Mitsubishi
23-04-2008, 01:23 PM
^ Unfortunately, I'll have to agree as well.

The FN2R is a great car, I've driven it, handling is good, not great, could do better compared to previous models (DC-2R, 5R and 5S) and lacks performance in comparison based on stock (I've driven all three, this is based on personal experience by the way). I would've scored more points if it were lighter. At least around 1,100 kg - 1,250 kg.

LSD would've also been good too. For an 'R', LSD should've been standard.

Other than that, the car's look is ahead of its time which is great. The car engages you and is comforable.

A little off topic, but I could never get the FN2R (stock) to chirp from 1st > 2nd > 3rd. HAHA

Bludger
23-04-2008, 01:46 PM
you can't chirp it, cos the wheels are too big n heavy....

Felix
23-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Powers not everything but this is some nice comparison.
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1532

Hullabaloo
23-04-2008, 03:48 PM
ctr fn2r had been discontinued

where'd you hear that from?

TECBOY
23-04-2008, 04:24 PM
dc5r sheeeets all over the civic type r.

VT1-R
23-04-2008, 08:54 PM
you can't chirp it, cos the wheels are too big n heavy....

Yeah.. wheels are heavy... 11.8kg 18" rim.. thats not including tyres.. get some after markets 17" for about 6-7kg will be a good gain.. Thats why we say stock for stock.. DC5R is definitely a better car to start with than FN2R..

neut
24-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Just watch Top Gear :) Review on the Civic Type R lol XD youtube itttt
After watching it was like "Oh......"

Mitsubishi
27-04-2008, 01:37 AM
^ Yeah, they don't like it at all. The EP3 really made it look bad.

But, I have driven the FN2R on many occasions (friend owns one) and find it not a bad car in terms of performance, but in comparison to its predecessors, it's just not quick enough.

Specifically, around the corners, understeering is quite evident. Also, the clutch is very light, feels a little weird. There none of that "vtec-up-and-go" feeling, but it all comes down to personal preference anyway.

Though I must admit, I do like the positioning of the gearbox. The gears are easy to throw with the snap of the wrist!

<4n'D>
27-04-2008, 02:02 AM
^
Though I must admit, I do like the positioning of the gearbox. The gears are easy to throw with the snap of the wrist!

really?

compared to other type r gear boxes i found it to be looser, not as short, not as firm and generally a whole lot less pleasant.

and the position of the reverse gear is shat. great idea, honda...

VT1-R
27-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Yup.. i tink the gearbox is looser and not as precise.. my ek4 gearbox feels better lol.. The FN2R should be badged TYPE S instead of TYPE R... Leave the Type R badge for the FD2R..

Those who disagree with me.. Kindly watch that youtube link i have provided..
LOL...

Mitsubishi
27-04-2008, 03:17 AM
^ Personally speaking, I find it quite easy.

Type S is quicker than the Type R (proven), why would it badged Type S? (Not here to start a S vs R debate by the way, it's been beaten to death).

Cheers.

VT1-R
27-04-2008, 12:36 PM
^ Personally speaking, I find it quite easy.

Type S is quicker than the Type R (proven), why would it badged Type S? (Not here to start a S vs R debate by the way, it's been beaten to death).

Cheers.

Ignoring the fact that ITS is marginal quicker than ITR, badging the new FN2 as type S would means sports n luxury.. Thats why rather than type R, Racing, when its so heavy??.. lol..

BusterSonic12
27-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Ignoring the fact that ITS is marginal quicker than ITR, badging the new FN2 as type S would means sports n luxury.. Thats why rather than type R, Racing, when its so heavy??.. lol..

n the fact. no lsd

bodaas
27-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Yup.. i tink the gearbox is looser and not as precise.. my ek4 gearbox feels better lol.. The FN2R should be badged TYPE S instead of TYPE R... Leave the Type R badge for the FD2R..

Those who disagree with me.. Kindly watch that youtube link i have provided..
LOL...

i prefer to see your car on youtube, how fast it goes

Mitsubishi
27-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Yeah thats been beaten to death - No lsd, Recaro's or Momo steering wheel.

But remember, none of the above and it's still marginally quicker (stock for stock)

But yeah, slap Recaros and a Momo steering wheel in an ITS and people wouldn't be saying the same thing. The Recaros are all up in peoples faces lol.

All three are still great cars.

Elwood
27-04-2008, 05:48 PM
It is just frustrating that after the DC2 - Many aspects that make a R, an R, have been sacraficed.

Future for the AUDM R's looks bleak =\

VT1-R
27-04-2008, 08:38 PM
i prefer to see your car on youtube, how fast it goes

haha.. my car is just how an Ek4 will go..

Dun get upset jus becoz u have an FN2R.. If some1 says the Ek4 is slow.. Its quite slow compared to other body with same engine.. B16a in EK compared to B16a in EG n EF will be slower for sure.. Same story for the EP3 and the FN2...So accept the fact and move on...

Veegtec
28-04-2008, 01:25 PM
so can I pls ask for people's opinion.....is it a definite no to the CTR....i recently lost my DC2R to a thief and need a replacement. I tested the CTR and honestly, i wasnt impressed.

I tested the GTI which was ok, but wasnt spectacular......so if no CTR then what else?

dyljoy
28-04-2008, 01:49 PM
why not get another DC2R back if u can't find the better one?

BusterSonic12
28-04-2008, 01:49 PM
so can I pls ask for people's opinion.....is it a definite no to the CTR....i recently lost my DC2R to a thief and need a replacement. I tested the CTR and honestly, i wasnt impressed.

I tested the GTI which was ok, but wasnt spectacular......so if no CTR then what else?

EP3R :thumbsup:

or DC5R for looks =p

Veegtec
28-04-2008, 01:50 PM
i am thinking about that.....but thought what about getting a new car, although there aint much cars to buy atm

dyljoy
28-04-2008, 01:54 PM
so u want a sport car or family car? and what is your price range?

Veegtec
28-04-2008, 01:56 PM
sports car for sure......hopefully nothing over 45k......

but would prefer a new car rather than a 2nd hand car, which i know limits heaps of options.....

dyljoy
28-04-2008, 02:02 PM
did u ever think about to get S2k, u can find a 03+ one under your budget. can't think out any other choice if you aim at new car.

Veegtec
28-04-2008, 02:07 PM
i have thought about the s2k as well......but because its a 2 seater....it sorta turns me off in a way...

i dunno.....im tempted to get a CTR but just not sure......i can get an 2007 model for like 37k on road.....

danielj
28-04-2008, 02:25 PM
if u want a new car..considered the renault megane sport r26..seems pretty good from the reviews i've read

dyljoy
28-04-2008, 02:28 PM
37k driveaway? It seems a pretty good price indeed!

aaronng
28-04-2008, 02:41 PM
i have thought about the s2k as well......but because its a 2 seater....it sorta turns me off in a way...

i dunno.....im tempted to get a CTR but just not sure......i can get an 2007 model for like 37k on road.....

You said you weren't impressed by the CTR. So why are you tempted by it?

28-04-2008, 03:08 PM
get dc5R :p geeh i really fall in love with dat car wen i drove my mates car few days ago.. 2003 model with 40.000 k on it..

bone stock DC5R never been mods
steering wheel response well to ur command..
suspension feel sooo good + those seats makes u dont wanna get up ...
lots of power for honda :p
i manage to chirp the wheels from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd.. :)
braking n conering seems easy..

Veegtec
28-04-2008, 04:24 PM
im tempted because for the price its pretty good bfyb...its not what i expected a CTR to be...i sorta expected higher after reading the reviews and driving the dc2r...and also its still a honda. im quite a loyal honda fan, having owned a cbr250rr, DC2R, my dad has a civic and we previously had an accord before the civic....but im not sure if i should get it and just forget about the no lsd, torsion beam and heavier car just for the sake of loyalty.

i can consider the dc5r although id prefer the new car option...

thanks for the renault option, ill have a look at it.......

Hullabaloo
28-04-2008, 05:11 PM
another couple to consider might be a ford xr5t or mazda 3mps.

bodaas
28-04-2008, 07:23 PM
haha.. my car is just how an Ek4 will go..

Dun get upset jus becoz u have an FN2R.. If some1 says the Ek4 is slow.. Its quite slow compared to other body with same engine.. B16a in EK compared to B16a in EG n EF will be slower for sure.. Same story for the EP3 and the FN2...So accept the fact and move on...

why do you think i am upset?

i dont think i will listen and change my fn to dc5R or ep3R, older model
, no way man, time is moving on
i need something new, so fn2r is only new type r available in australia
and there is price different anyway btween fn, dc5 and ep3
if you not happy, you should complain to honda australia why they didnt bring fd2R instead, so you would get one
sorry

fasthonda
28-04-2008, 07:46 PM
i can consider the dc5r although id prefer the new car option...

Unfortunately you may have been influenced by people who cannot afford a new car(for one reason or another)and they are offering you advice based on the OLD cars they own.So,the result is they talk up their cars and they discourage people who have even the slightest interest in the FN2R.They also compare their eg DC5R/S ,the FN2R is a CIVIC not an Integra.Why don't they compare their Integras with the JDM DC5R and see how short of the mark their cars are!They've done it plenty of times with the FD2R Vs FN2R.
There have been a number of reviews/comparisons where the FN2R has come up on top especially in overseas mags.and in our very own Wheels Mag.A couple of German reviews saw it win comparison tests!
Top Gear = Hot Hatch of 2007,AutoExpress Hot hatch of the year,CAR Mag.winner in it's category performance 2007 etc the list goes on and on.
I suggest that you try and find a copy of the British Mag called"Track and Race cars"-This publication is more specialized in the area of track work .They compared 11 hot hatchs to determine the overall winner.The FN2R came 2nd and achieved the 3rd fastest track time beating the Golf GTI Edition 30,Mazda3 MPS and Astra VXR.They also comment on the torsion beam set up on the FN2R. Consider the Peugeot GTI,Astra VXR and Megane 230 R26 also have a torsion beam set up.
I bought the car when only a few reviews existed I also tested the Golf GTI and for a turbo, it didn't impress me-it seemed a little "spongy" in the handling department.I also considered the Megane RS,Focus XR5,Mazda MPS but I kept on coming back to the Civic -I suppose I am a loyal Honda fan:)
I believe the days of having a Type R like the DC2R are over.People want their creature comforts the market has changed.The fn2R is the highest selling hot hatch in Britain at the moment.
The Fn2R isn't perfect there are a few changes that I wish could be done-but at the moment it's all we have from Honda.I suppose the CR-Z will be the next sport orientated car from Honda.......very interesting times to come.
Good luck in your choice :honda:

Elwood
28-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I believe the days of having a Type R like the DC2R are over.People want their creature comforts the market has changed.The fn2R is the highest selling hot hatch in Britain at the moment.

I dont want my creature comforts. People put down the FN2R for a reason - because compared to DC2's, and even DC5's - they are alot less rough and raw.

Plus, it is almost an insult to true honda fanboys to put a rear torsion bar on a car that from its origins, is supposed to be track inspired.

From the civic forum..

Also do you think its quite slow, atm all I'm thinking vtec is good for is just alot of noise.

BusterSonic12
28-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I dont want my creature comforts. People put down the FN2R for a reason - because compared to DC2's, and even DC5's - they are alot less rough and raw.

Plus, it is almost an insult to true honda fanboys to put a rear torsion bar on a car that from its origins, is supposed to be track inspired.

From the civic forum..

well said :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

VT1-R
28-04-2008, 09:18 PM
why do you think i am upset?

i dont think i will listen and change my fn to dc5R or ep3R, older model
, no way man, time is moving on
i need something new, so fn2r is only new type r available in australia
and there is price different anyway btween fn, dc5 and ep3
if you not happy, you should complain to honda australia why they didnt bring fd2R instead, so you would get one
sorry

If you are not upset i am gald.. FN2R is a nice car too i mus say.. May not be lightning quick but still does the job..

Also, you should not change ur FN2 for sure because its current.. Power is not everything.. have a new and updated car is also something impt..Jus do suspension upgrades, power upgrades, possibly supercharge.. and no one would say FN2R is not a real type R anymore...

gd luck..

fasthonda
28-04-2008, 09:25 PM

From the civic forum..

I understand your opinion-but Honda believes(rightly or wrongly) that you are in the miniority.Even the DC2R was suppose to come without a radio, power windows and mirrors to save weight.But for the Australian market, those items were included along with the option of AC.
Probably cars like the VW Golf GTI had Honda and other car manufacturers looking to what the market wants-stripped out hardcore track cars seem to have taken a back seat for the softer ones-the more all-rounder types e.g Golf Gti even the Focus XR5.
Maybe Honda could have a Type RT version more suited to the hardcore fan.Ford has done this with the RS versions of it's Focus.Subaru also had special Spec versions in Japan of it's STI.
I personally would like to see a hardcore version of the Civic Type R complete with independant rear suspension-I think that the only opportunity people will have to buy such a car is to wait until the FD2R is eligible to be imported under SEVS.:honda:

Elwood
28-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I understand your opinion-but Honda believes(rightly or wrongly) that you are in the miniority.Even the DC2R was suppose to come without a radio, power windows and mirrors to save weight.But for the Australian market, those items were included along with the option of AC.
Probably cars like the VW Golf GTI had Honda and other car manufacturers looking to what the market wants-stripped out hardcore track cars seem to have taken a back seat for the softer ones-the more all-rounder types e.g Golf Gti even the Focus XR5.
Maybe Honda could have a Type RT version more suited to the hardcore fan.Ford has done this with the RS versions of it's Focus.Subaru also had special Spec versions in Japan of it's STI.
I personally would like to see a hardcore version of the Civic Type R complete with independant rear suspension-I think that the only opportunity people will have to buy such a car is to wait until the FD2R is eligible to be imported under SEVS.:honda:

Im sure Honda has spent plenty of money researching and has, indeed found out that we are the minority. That isnt the point though.

What im saying is, they have differed from the path of creating track cars, and have instead (in Australia at least) created watered down nonsense compared to earlier models.

ricki_kalsi
29-04-2008, 01:31 PM
DC5R if I had to choose.

Nepolian
29-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Sorry guys, I have to say this, all you guys carry on about "Hardcore" blah blah blah. I really do "understand" what you are saying but!

Honda sell cars to make a profit. In order to make a profit, the will sell something that is appealing to the majority.

To do this there is alot of factors, heres a few....reduce production costs, be competative against other cars in their category, have creature comforts etc...

Now, if the FN2R came stripped out as per "Traditional type r" Honda would sell jack s*it. Lose alot of money and Honda fans would bitch about how they dont even get a watered out type r.

To the people who insists on a hardcore type r, you are probably dreamers who cant afford it anyway. Otherwise, you can buy a FD or FN for that matter, strip it and wholla, a track car!

I absolutely agree that "Type R" should be left for the track orientated Hondas. But time has changed and Honda has changed with it!

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I cant stand the FN2R bashing anymore and good luck to the FN buyers, cause I really think it is a very nice all round car!

End rant!

aaronng
29-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I absolutely agree that "Type R" should be left for the track orientated Hondas. But time has changed and Honda has changed with it!

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I cant stand the FN2R bashing anymore and good luck to the FN buyers, cause I really think it is a very nice all round car!

End rant!
I'd agree if Honda stopped making track orientated Hondas, but that is not true. The FD2R exists, just that Honda Australia hasn't done a feasibility (I am guessing not planning to either) on bringing it in to Australia.

VT1-R
29-04-2008, 05:46 PM
To the people who insists on a hardcore type r, you are probably dreamers who cant afford it anyway. Otherwise, you can buy a FD or FN for that matter, strip it and wholla, a track car!

LOL.. as if Honda FN2R is like $1million dollars.. almost every hardcore type R who want to afford the FN2R can afford it.. $40000 driveaway brand new!! get a demo for say $35k? lol.. those hardcore type R ppl spend $35k easily on a real honda..For example being a DC2R($20k).. Do suspension,engine,bling stuff,body,wheels etc for that jdm hardcore look($15k)

So shut the part on ppl being able to afford it or not...It jus that you are softcore..

Nepolian
30-04-2008, 02:16 AM
LOL.. as if Honda FN2R is like $1million dollars.. almost every hardcore type R who want to afford the FN2R can afford it.. $40000 driveaway brand new!! get a demo for say $35k? lol.. those hardcore type R ppl spend $35k easily on a real honda..For example being a DC2R($20k).. Do suspension,engine,bling stuff,body,wheels etc for that jdm hardcore look($15k)

So shut the part on ppl being able to afford it or not...It jus that you are softcore..

Arent we getting a little nit picky about the argument! My post if it did not come across like this was...if you want a track car......BUILD ONE.!

Stop bitching about one that we cant get and putting people who buy a FN2R down.

It is so hard to believe that there are alot of dreamers on OH.????

VT1-R
30-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Arent we getting a little nit picky about the argument! My post if it did not come across like this was...if you want a track car......BUILD ONE.!

Stop bitching about one that we cant get and putting people who buy a FN2R down.

It is so hard to believe that there are alot of dreamers on OH.????

If thats the point you are trying to get across about each to their own needs and hardcore ppl can build their own cars.. den fine...

Btw, we are not bitching about the FN2... we are just toking bout its pros and cons compared to the ITR.. and ITR came out the obvious winner..

Why go around calling ppl dreamers for that? Every1 has the rights to give opinions in this forum...

Nepolian
30-04-2008, 08:27 AM
:cool: We'll leave it at that and stick to the topic.

saratogabypass
30-04-2008, 08:50 AM
DC5R (not DC2R) VS the new Civic Type r (FN2R)

What are your thoughts and what is a better car overall?
As my next car might be a Civic type r so help me out cheers.

i own a 2007 civic type R since new but, they do have problems with them such as the speedo is out by as much as 8%. the rear tail gate holds water and if you tint the windows the radio reception is poor to say the least.
since october 2007 i have had it back to them at least 15 times.
not a happy owner, honda australia have issued me with a letter saying they have fixed my problem to australian standards and to go away basically.
am now looking a outher makes unfortunatly.:thumbdwn: