PDA

View Full Version : Eg Civic - Adjusting Camber F + R - with Skunk2 Proseries F and R Kits - Advice

Sexc86
25-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey guys

In my Suspension build i have included, Skunk 2 Rear and Skunk 2 Pro series Plus Front Camber kit. I have never used nor setup any sort of camber kit before.

Basically Can anyone give me any recommendations or advice when setting up these F and R kits. Do you simply do it by Eye? or is calculated somehow?
What are Pros and cons to different camber setups? Negative... Zero camber etc. Do i have to unbolt the knuckle from the Front upper controll arm to adjust ?

Also would i need a full wheel allignment before i setup the camber? or after? or doesnt matter?

Once i setup, do i have to drive the car so the camber resets or will it just sit as per normal on ground level.

Any advice is much appreciated

Regards Lyle

bennjamin
25-02-2008, 07:15 PM
(With all) camber kits , you set the camber setting equal LEFT/RIGHT , then go get a wheel alignment.

With the proper laser measurements , a wheel alignment can dial in almost exact setting for your car.

To use the front , jack front up and on jack stands loosen the upper mount , adjust then retighten.
For the rear , jack up on stands , remove wheel , loosen the upper control arm and adjust to X length for X degree camber (do same for both sides)

Sexc86
25-02-2008, 07:23 PM
forgive me ... but does the wheel allignment have something to do with your car camber?...

And when the wheel allignment "dials in the exact settings" is that settings to do with the allignment of the wheels or the actual camber itself?

Is there alot of trail and error with adjustments? and do you deffinately have to remove the wheels to do so? just alot of work removeing... adjusting and then reassemblying etc

Benson
25-02-2008, 07:24 PM
leave the setting how they sent it to you.... if you want more camber then simply losen the allen key bolts.

Adjust height, then camber then wheel alignment

bennjamin
25-02-2008, 07:27 PM
The alignment will try to set your camber and toe to "ideal" settings. Toe should be 0 deg. and camber should aim to be 0 deg. too.

So , no matter what your ride height , its the wheel aligner's job to set it 0/0 make sense ?

Sir_vtec
26-02-2008, 01:08 AM
u can mark a line or a dot on the bolt of the rear camber using coloured tape or steel markers or whatever is visible. everytime u twist the bolt count how many times u twisted it by watching the dot go past u. this way it will give u a close to accurate cambering.

and like what the rest of the boys say, 'alignment' after.

55EXX
26-02-2008, 07:29 AM
read this little article (http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/AS_0308_susp_1.htm)

third page tell you what you need to know. toe camber and caster make up a wheels alighnment. camber verticle toe horizontal and caster the angle of turning. there is also akermann (dont know spelling) but that is something you won't have to worry bout and is how the wheels turn and their toe alignment during turns

DLO01
26-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Lyle. Get an proper alignment and they will sort all of it out for you. Easy. :D

thebob
27-02-2008, 10:45 PM
See kevin at accurate suspension. Its off compton road at slacks creek. He knows his stuff.