PDA

View Full Version : Custom exhaust + stock mufflers?

JunYu
26-02-2008, 06:33 AM
well i had a custom exhaust made a few months back, I've become tiresome to the exhaust note.

what i was wondering was if I was able to keep the 2.5" piping and replace the aftermarket mufflers with the stock euro ones. I just need to know if it's okay to have a 2.5" inlet into the stock mufflers? what would the result be? would it cause too much back preasure?

Thanks.
-Will

as001
27-02-2008, 01:11 PM
http://autospeed.com/cms/A_0383/article.html?popularArticle

Check that article out, imho I believe it would be a mistake to start cutting up your good oem exhaust as u can always revert back to it, as u have noticed you have basically 4 mufflers on the oem setup if you just want to reduce the db/droning add a additional hi flo 3 chambered muffler to the setup. Good luck with it.

JunYu
27-02-2008, 02:23 PM
thanks mate.

yeah, i'm going to revert back to the oem exhaust.

[ricer]
27-02-2008, 02:37 PM
when ever i got an aftermarket exhaust done id ask them to make it so the oem muffler flange would bolt straight on to the bpipe..

i use to have 2 1/4 back to the stock muffler... i didnt have any issues...

racerwannabe
27-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Sorry this question is not related to what u want to do but can i ask whether you felt there was an improvement in performance with your custom exhaust?

as001
29-02-2008, 10:22 AM
with 4 cyclinder engine with no other mods an exhaust is only gonna be more of an acoustic thing then performance, if u got the cash your better off for a Japanese bolt they have already dont the hard work of doing the all the r & d on it and they take cabin noise in account as well

tony1234
29-02-2008, 02:17 PM
For an improvement in performance leave the stock cat back on the car and fit some headers such as Toda or Comptech.I did this and got a noticeable increase in power and torque without hardly any increase in noise.:thumbsup:

johnprocter
29-02-2008, 06:16 PM
JUNYO could you please post some pics of the rear of your car with the new exhaust because from memory u said u got two double exhauts instead of two big ones ? thanks mate