PDA

View Full Version : Accord 95 Clutch problems..

HArris2887
27-02-2008, 12:50 AM
hi all..
i am having a problem with the clutcj on my 95 accord EXI...
cut a long story short i was going up a very very very steep hill and i found parking on the side...
so i started to park i was doing approx 2500rpm-3000RPM and the clutch was at friction point (car was not moving it was still cos the clutch was half released)..so i got out and i could smell something burning...

now when i drive my car i have to release the clutch pedal much further back in order to reach friction point (hence get the car rolling)...
here is a picture to help you explain.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/haris2887/untitled.jpg

i just want to know if i just need a new clutch plate(or clutch Kit as they call it) or i it something maJOR..would i need a new flywheel (hopefully not)The car still changes gears fine and drives fine......

Feverpitched
27-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I'd start with the cheapest and easiest solution first - flush the clutch with new fluid and bleed it properly.

If that doesn't fix it then it means that the clutch itself needs attention, which costs $$$.

Let us know how you go.

aaronng
27-02-2008, 09:47 AM
You burnt the clutch. Depending on how many kms you have done on this clutch, it might be time to change anyway. Next time, let go of the clutch more. If you want to just stay in 1 spot on the hill, use the brakes.

HArris2887
27-02-2008, 12:35 PM
hi i have done 145,000 KMS with this clutch it has never been changed...

also if i have indeed burnt the clutch what are the required parts that i need ?
can i just buy an accord clutch Kit ...
i have been doing some research on clutch kits and have found that exedy are pretty good...
their clutch kits consist of the following...

EXEDY PRESSURE PLATE
EXEDY DISC
THROW OUT BEARING
ALIGNMENT TOOL

is that all i will need

aaronng
27-02-2008, 12:51 PM
hi i have done 145,000 KMS with this clutch it has never been changed...

also if i have indeed burnt the clutch what are the required parts that i need ?
can i just buy an accord clutch Kit ...
i have been doing some research on clutch kits and have found that exedy are pretty good...
their clutch kits consist of the following...

EXEDY PRESSURE PLATE
EXEDY DISC
THROW OUT BEARING
ALIGNMENT TOOL

is that all i will need
Yes, that is basically it. Why not change to a lighter flywheel while you are at it? :)

HArris2887
27-02-2008, 01:15 PM
what are the advantages of a lighter flywheel ?
i am not really into racing (not with this Weak 110KW accord lolz) ect .......
i was also thinking about selling this car and upgrading to a type-r integra or a prelude....

aaronng
27-02-2008, 01:26 PM
what are the advantages of a lighter flywheel ?
i am not really into racing (not with this Weak 110KW accord lolz) ect .......
i was also thinking about selling this car and upgrading to a type-r integra or a prelude....

If you are thinking of selling, then don't change the clutch if it still bites and is drivable without any slipping in 4th or 5th gear. Put the money towards the prelude or teg.

Feverpitched
27-02-2008, 01:36 PM
A lighter flywheel essentially lets the engine rev up and down quicker because there is less mass to accelerate. If your flywheel is still serviceable (ie not scored to the shithouse) you could get it milled down to reduce weight.

But as aaronng said, if you are thinking of selling the car and the clutch is still working I'd let it be.

Bleed the clutch, see if that lowers your friction point.

HArris2887
27-02-2008, 02:10 PM
but the problem is that the clutch friction point is almost to the edge of the release (i almost have to move my foot of the pedal to engage the clutch)..

with the bleeding is there a manual which shows where the bleed nozzle is.
can bleeding make it more worse that it already is ?

aaronng
27-02-2008, 02:28 PM
but the problem is that the clutch friction point is almost to the edge of the release (i almost have to move my foot of the pedal to engage the clutch)..

with the bleeding is there a manual which shows where the bleed nozzle is.
can bleeding make it more worse that it already is ?

If you bleed it correctly, it can become better. Look for the slave cylinder in your engine bay. it should be in front of the exhaust headers, behind the radiator fan.

HArris2887
28-02-2008, 05:40 PM
hi all...
i did some clutch bleeding today, and it feels much much better now...
not at good as before the incident but at least it is very drivable now and doesn't stall all over the place....