PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy a EURO 2008 or Get an Euro 2007 now?

chinster
27-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Guys,

Help me out.
We all know the new Euro 2008 is coming soon.
I'm currently driving my mate's car. I wasn't sure whether to get the Euro 2007 or wait for a couple of months for the 2008 model?

My question is: Is it worth waiting for the new 2008 Euro? When exactly is it coming to Aus?

r-r-redEuro
27-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Well its up to you, most people on this forum would say wait for it to come out and then decide. If you get it now you try and squeeze in a bunch of things for a ridiculous price. I say wait for it, if oyu dont like it get the 07 model if they still got any new ones left and try ask for a ridiculous price =)

hooyn
27-02-2008, 05:43 PM
^ Agree. It's probably best to wait until the 08 model comes out and then you can go check one out and you would be able to pick up an 07 model for a much lower price. Better wait and see what can happen because you will save yoruself much regret and money if anything.

KruZzN
27-02-2008, 05:55 PM
My mate has the 2008 model here in Canberra. Everything is basically the same no major updates but its worth waiting for I say. I don't know how he got the 08 model though :)

[ricer]
27-02-2008, 05:57 PM
if its the same car then just get a 07

my mum bought a dec 07 build corolla instead of a jan 08 one and saved almost 2k.
u'll never ever get that 2k back when u sell the car so no point

Jaso
27-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I think hes talking about the all new Euro not just 08 plated ones ^^

OMG.JAI xD
27-02-2008, 07:47 PM
new euros out already.

was released few weeks back.
but i know that in sydney (rick damelian) they started doing pre deliveries late last week.
and theres 3 in the show room now already with license plates so obviously bought n registered.

looks nice the accord ..

newer euros gonna look a bit nicer though ..

bmw killer anyone?

Euro76
27-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Well I think you will need to wait until new generation Euro goes on sale here. It's worth the wait given if you can deal with its edgy styling.

ms700
27-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Dealers wont be as keen to do a good deal on the new gen Euro's when they come out, they will be much more flexible in selling a current gen.

Unfortunately it costs money to be the new kid on the block. But its cool for a few weeks!

SPQR
27-02-2008, 09:15 PM
If there ever was a Tower of Babel then this thread is it! Talk about crossed wires!

The 2008 model year Euro was released in late 2007 just like the 2007 model year Euro was released in late 2006. The completely new Accord Euro, due in September 2008 will be known as the 2009 Euro.

It's done this way because it's the way that the world's most important car market (USA) works.

yfin
28-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Don't wait for the new model (released ~sept 08) and expect that if you don't like it you will be able to buy the currrent model. The current model is already practically sold out. We had a lot of trouble sourcing the model/colour we wanted.

Dealers pretty much say that for every old model when the new model is announced. If you wait you might not be able to get the old one... the new model might be more expensive....blah blah... There is risk and then there is risk.... I would wait - you are talking about buying a 5 year old series car now.

BiLL|z0r
28-02-2008, 06:13 AM
I'd wait too. I remember when I bought my 05 in Aug 05. A couple months later the 06 was out and they were giving the 05's away with all the free onroads (even dealer delivery and Comprehensive ins). With a whole new shape the 07-08 shape will have huge discounts.

tron07
28-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Current model have most of the bugs ironed out..... new one.... ermm....

tony1234
28-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Current model have most of the bugs ironed out..... new one.... ermm....
yeah,true,my 06 is excellent,no problems so far.:thumbsup:

Pumped
28-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Id wait for the new one, buying a new euro now is really going to hurt your resale value once the new euro hits the market which isnt really to far off.

Was there any major problems with the current euro upon release?
Havent heard of any, besides the clutch creak etc which has never really been fixed.

I havent really heard of honda having to much of the "new model" bugs that locally produced models do?

[NAV]
28-02-2008, 08:43 AM
wait for the new one and be one of the first to dump the shit out of it :)

DLRioM
28-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Dude only u can make the decision.......ur the one spending the cash so ur opinion is the only one that matters.

I bought my euro last May knowing fully well that a new model was on its way. I still bought it cos i liked everything about it, not because it was a honda or a euro. After 5 years they have refined the model and i couldnt be happier. Yes the new euro will affect my resale value and it wont be the newest one on the market but who cares? i bought it for me not for everyone else.

If your happy with the model now and your not positive about the new one why would u buy a car ur not sure about just because its newer?

albii
28-02-2008, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't buy the first of any new model, euro included.

I wouldn't say honda need 5 years to refine a model, as mine is an 04 and still feels like it's new.
That alone is a true testiment to the quality put into these cars, and that will be why i will buy the new 09 euro.

boleh
28-02-2008, 10:04 AM
It's always worth getting an all-new model just in case you wanna sell or trade up in 3-4 yrs down the road, your car is still the current model in the market. Resale value will hold much better.

Buy a runout right now and get a mad deal, I dunno how mad it can get maybe a further 2-3k discount? Trust me you'll be the one who turn mad if you sell it 3-4 yrs later and find out how much its resale dropped

If you know you'll be keeping it for another 10 yrs, then it probably doesnt matter

tron07
28-02-2008, 10:06 AM

I wouldn't say honda need 5 years to refine a model, as mine is an 04 and still feels like it's new.
That alone is a true testiment to the quality put into these cars, and that will be why i will buy the new 09 euro.

You dont have a trip computer :p

aaronng
28-02-2008, 10:34 AM
You dont have a trip computer :p

Not as accurate as a calculator and your petrol receipt. :)

DLRioM
28-02-2008, 11:02 AM

i didnt mean theres something wrong with the early models. Just that over the years all the little improvments are worth the wait for some. My Limited edition didnt come out til 07 (06 if u wanna be a smartarse with the sport)
and to be honest if it wasnt for all the extras i would have gone with the liberty.

So i will enjoy my car for now and 5yrs down the track when their bringing out the sportier models with the extras ill then consider buying a new model provided its as good as my mine. If not, i have no problem with a different company.

Its more about the actual car itself for me rather than who made it and its history.

Exar Kun
29-02-2008, 07:38 AM

But those are a lot less fun to play with! The calculator is in the car too though. :D

as001
29-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Bang on target that comment, trip computers are a load of bollocks but i still wish i had one :p

Pumped
29-02-2008, 10:55 AM
The trip computer in the euro is reasonably accurate,

The VE commodore on the other hand... lol hopeless

Varies so much

Exar Kun
29-02-2008, 03:49 PM
It's good enough for me to compare my average fuel consumption from tank to tank. As long as its consistent it doesn't matter if it's out by a little bit in the first place.

EuroBro
05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
To bring this thread back on topic, I just traded my 06 Euro Lux for the 08 Accord V6-L and I am suprised how much improvement there is. So I am expecting the same upgrades will be applied to the 09 Euro.

tingyi85
05-04-2008, 02:00 PM
To bring this thread back on topic, I just traded my 06 Euro Lux for the 08 Accord V6-L and I am suprised how much improvement there is. So I am expecting the same upgrades will be applied to the 09 Euro.

Hi,

Can you share with us the figures? how much did the dealer quote you and how much did you pay extra? which dealer?

saw an 08 Accord the other day...looks pretty attactive. (better than the brouchers).... :cool:

dyljoy
05-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Good choice, mate. u are the first 08 V6-L owner I known in this forum, I hope more ppl which own this new model can share experience each other later.

EuroBro
05-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi,

Can you share with us the figures? how much did the dealer quote you and how much did you pay extra? which dealer?

saw an 08 Accord the other day...looks pretty attactive. (better than the brouchers).... :cool:

1. Sorry mate I cannot disclose any pricing here. All I can tell you is that the retail drive-away price for the 08 Accord V6-L is $51,000 in NSW.

2. Yes - the accord needs to be seen in real life to be fully appraised.

tknova
05-04-2008, 04:01 PM
A little bit off topic, but i've read that the new euro vtec crossover has been lowerd to 5,000 rpm rather than 6,000rpm on the current model.

That will help the new euro perfortmance wise, as vtec will active on all high rpm gear changes, or be close to. vtec crossover.

compression has also been bumped up aswell.

That would make me swing to an 08 model. Nearly........ :)

And on topic, I'm not a fan of the 08 euro. But, i need to see it in real life. Interoir looks awesome though!!

EuroBro
05-04-2008, 04:08 PM
And on topic, I'm not a fan of the 08 euro. But, i need to see it in real life. Interoir looks awesome though!!

Going by these pics, the dash is very similar to the new 08 Accord, which suggests that the technology should be similar or slightly better.

Mike Star
06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
You seem to be contardicting yourself! You wouldn't buy the first of a new model but you would buy the new 09 Euro?????

EuroBro
13-04-2008, 06:34 PM
If anyone is thinking about buying the current Euro, you better hurry because Honda just started runout advertising last friday in the Daily Mirror's Drive section. It is a full page add saying there is limited stock and to HURRY!!!

Also, honda is pushing Jazz pretty hard, so I expect the Jazz runout to start very soon.

UNLS1
13-04-2008, 06:42 PM
u want a great value cheap car get the current euro.

If ur not going to hold on to ur car for more than 3 years get the current euro.

if u can wait, get the new one.
if u want the new shape for the next 5 years get the new one

industrie
14-04-2008, 09:05 AM
the reason why people wait for 2nd series or 3rd series of the brand new cars is because of the cosmetic upgrades and whether there are issues they always work on fixing these etc...i personally would wait another 1-2 years before getting the new euro if that was the case.

However the current euro is fantastic and i wont be changing for a while.