PDA

View Full Version : List your New civic problems here

j-2007
27-02-2008, 06:52 PM
hi i am reseraching for a friend about his car with a blown engine. his name is BXX SXX and he is still stressed about what has happened.

now i have known him for a long time and i know very well the way he drives. i have read some posts and have found there seems to be alot of problems on these new civics. i though i might help him do some research into history of they civic's past.

please no honda flaming and hating. anyhelp will be much appreciated.

nick_sixx
27-02-2008, 07:02 PM
first up, your best telling us how he drives civilised/manic, what the problem is with his car, what car he has, and nobody is going to flame honda on a honda site....

LD_Mart
27-02-2008, 07:05 PM
they claim civilised but the thing i dont get is who puts an intake system in there car then drives civilised but still that problem of the blown engine shouldnt of happen.

probs with FD

Drivers window fell off the rails.
Rattling noises everywhere.
Windscreen wipers screw up after about 2 weeks.

Shimian
27-02-2008, 07:26 PM
For me:

The little grille that you need to remove to change foglamp bulb. It is very hard to pull out and very hard to put back. It will sometimes move and bend the clips a little. Eventually it will break.

Low beam bulb is so hard to get to. You need to go from the fender and remove 2 studs (as stated in manual). It is impossible as about 7 studs needs to be removed and fender needs to be flexed. I think this is a design fault. Low beams sound be accessible from the engine bay.

ms700
27-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Driver and passenger window runners dry up, this is extremely common, spray them with silicon lube and all is good.

And the trim pieces near the front A pillar trim dont seem to sit well. And the only other problem ive seen is a drive belt tensioner let go.

Thats about it.

JaCe
27-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Driver and passenger window runners dry up, this is extremely common, spray them with silicon lube and all is good.

Yep a can of silicon spray is kept in my boot for this.

Mingy
27-02-2008, 10:23 PM
they claim civilised but the thing i dont get is who puts an intake system in there car then drives civilised but still that problem of the blown engine shouldnt of happen.

probs with FD

Drivers window fell off the rails.
Rattling noises everywhere.
Windscreen wipers screw up after about 2 weeks.

i know a few people who claim they have rattling noises from their fds but all turned out to be objects that they have in their car which is causing the noises. the guy who claimed he had a rattling noise turned out to be the 'the six star solution tin case' given when you buy the car kept in the glove box.

ozR18
27-02-2008, 10:33 PM
My steering rack is crack somehow..and im loosing power steering fluid..which makes funny ufo noises when engine is cold..sent to honda. all they did was toped up fluid and made a report to honda HQ...fucin hell!

ozR18
27-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I bought an eg4 recently...that 93 model works damn fine btw..."touch wood"

JaCe
27-02-2008, 11:38 PM
hi i am reseraching for a friend about his car with a blown engine. his name is BXX SXX and he is still stressed about what has happened.

Nice name BXX SXX~

j-2007
28-02-2008, 12:29 AM
My steering rack is crack somehow..and im loosing power steering fluid..which makes funny ufo noises when engine is cold..sent to honda. all they did was toped up fluid and made a report to honda HQ...fucin hell!

hmm how did this happen?

ahmondjai
28-02-2008, 01:59 AM
ozR18, so, your dealer didn't fix it? or is it due to your own fault?

BC8
28-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Had the car almost a month now, haven't noticed obvious problems
however, when going down a steep hill for eg. in a shopping centre carpark and braking, it seems like the vibrates and shakes. Already let the dealership about the issue in the 1st service but said they didn't notice anything unusual.

Windscreen wipers worked well for the 1st few weeks but after driving in rainy weather for the past weeks, i've noticed the condition has deteriated.

denot
28-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Few days after delivery date:
- rattle noises from the back bumper (possibly from parking sensor)
- airbag cover (A-pilar) is a bit open on driver side
- windows problem (as usual)
- wiper problem (as usual)
- back reverse light not bright enough
- interior get dusty easily
- A/C smells

now (1.5 years after) add:
- from almost full stop (really2 slowing down) then turn steer full to the side (right or left), then accell a bit hard... its like the machine strugling and confused on which transmission to use
- when doing 3 point parking, sometimes there's rattling noise from front left suspension/brake
- CD player scratch and cover my CDs with dust
- Oh, and the bumper seems to attract more car than girls! :p got smashed from behind 3 times in 1.5 years... ToT last one is 3 days from my bday last week

igor
28-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I have MY07 vti since Dec 06 and the only problem I had was a window issue, and apart from that it has been smooth driving since. From what I've picked up in this forum, majority of serious defects reported were directly or indirectly a result of people modifying their cars and as such voiding their warranties.

JaCe
28-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I have MY07 vti since Dec 06 and the only problem I had was a window issue, and apart from that it has been smooth driving since. From what I've picked up in this forum, majority of serious defects reported were directly or indirectly a result of people modifying their cars and as such voiding their warranties.

I thought there's only two such users here from memory lol~

Stig
28-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Had the car almost a month now, haven't noticed obvious problems
however, when going down a steep hill for eg. in a shopping centre carpark and braking, it seems like the vibrates and shakes. Already let the dealership about the issue in the 1st service but said they didn't notice anything unusual.

it was the abs kicking in to prevent your front wheels from locking while braking... from memory there was a topic about this a while back on the forum

gerard
28-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Just over a year old. None of the usual civic bugs to report

Had 4 punctures all rear tyres. None on my other cars????? Michelin PP must be nail magnet.

only other grip is when I go uphill, noticed the auto reluctant to change up even when I ease up on the throttle (seems to hang on to 4000revs for ages).

BC8
28-02-2008, 08:07 PM
it was the abs kicking in to prevent your front wheels from locking while braking... from memory there was a topic about this a while back on the forum

thats why the dealer said to me if it was the ABS locking. He asked if I've felt ABS before which I have but it didn't feel the same. Maybe what he suggests and what you think is the ABS when braking. Noticed this a few times going down steep hills

dmx
28-02-2008, 09:29 PM
to be honest, i've no problems with this civic.
only a/c smell, but it happen around the world :-)
never get window problems, brakes problems, etc

dmx
28-02-2008, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=denot;1560868]Few days after delivery date:
- rattle noises from the back bumper (possibly from parking sensor)damn, how can u hear from inside ?:)
- windows problem (as usual)lucky i'm not
- wiper problem (as usual)maintain ur windscreen regularly + add wiper additive will easier+long lasting ur wiper
- back reverse light not bright enoughchange to 36LED lah..:D
- interior get dusty easilyclose ur convertible roof pls
- A/C smellsi got this one:eek:

Aco3n
28-02-2008, 09:47 PM
will servicing the aircon get rid the smells?

it feels bad when my friends jump into my car now..

fyi.. I always change the aircon filter..

ozR18
28-02-2008, 11:12 PM
not my fault for sure...well dealer has acknowledge problem..and wiling to repair it FOC..problem is parts might come from japan..instead of thailand.

Bottom line is..the reputation that HONDA carries..definately does not reflect on the new civics. Theres nothing much to do but just hope things dont go bad to worst in the next couple of years.

denot
29-02-2008, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=denot;1560868]Few days after delivery date:
- rattle noises from the back bumper (possibly from parking sensor)damn, how can u hear from inside ?:)
- windows problem (as usual)lucky i'm not
- wiper problem (as usual)maintain ur windscreen regularly + add wiper additive will easier+long lasting ur wiper
- back reverse light not bright enoughchange to 36LED lah..:D
- interior get dusty easilyclose ur convertible roof pls
- A/C smellsi got this one:eek:

hahah dmx!!!! XD

- well i can hear from inside cause it sounds like theres something loosely attahced to my rear bumper, and yeah i keep on checking my windows as if theyre open (sounds of a car i passed/passed me is so clear)
- re: reverse light, yes i'm planning to chage it to something brighter
- re: interior dusty: i've mod my convertible roof to normal roof now. but still dusty... :p

rk 86 wa
29-02-2008, 01:30 PM
my fd has been mostly fine except for:

- windows still dopey
- since the c/o gone in ive noticed the knocking sound that a few ppl have a problem with.
- the paint really sucks lol when you have a bird sh*t on your car for over a few hours when you wipe it away there are still orange stains on your car :(

ksyu223
29-02-2008, 02:52 PM
After taking my brand new FD from the dealer, the steering wheel was not aligned straight!!!!!!

Asides from that, I'm happy so far.

blk_shadow
29-02-2008, 03:54 PM
After taking my brand new FD from the dealer, the steering wheel was not aligned straight!!!!!!

Asides from that, I'm happy so far.

that's the dealer's fault lol, not the car.

sKy.xD
29-02-2008, 06:11 PM
my back right window makes a fart noise when going up and down.

civic_07
29-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Almost 3 months now and so far the car been great, no problems what so ever :thumbsup:

I kind of wating to see if the problem with the windows will happen, almost every1 here got it.

Double R
01-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Very minor rattling here and there in my CTR.

panda[cRx]
01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
the only real COMMON faults are:

front windows not auto closing - take to dealer for them to clean and lubricate front window run channels with a new lube honda has released to fix the problem

small dash trim popping out in corner LHS of dash - take to dealer to have refitted/replaced

i have also heard of people complaining about noisey wipers, but on inspection they are really dirty and just need a clean most of the time

now i have known him for a long time and i know very well the way he drives. i have read some posts and have found there seems to be alot of problems on these new civics. i though i might help him do some research into history of they civic's past.

please no honda flaming and hating. anyhelp will be much appreciated.

if thats the one that had the thread of how it got towed to a dealer it wasnt a fault of the car from what i have heard :wave:

ms700
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I think there is a brake pedal switch recall current for the Civic's too.

ahmondjai
04-03-2008, 04:13 AM
I think there is a brake pedal switch recall current for the Civic's too.

where did you hear that from??

igor
04-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I had a letter from Honda for the recall of brake switch, they fixed it 2 months ago

fab4272
04-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I had a letter from Honda for the recall of brake switch, they fixed it 2 months ago

If your lucky enough to get the letter. My car's VIN number indicated it was part of the recall. After waiting 7 months for my dealer (or is it honda aus) to send out a letter which never came I called them and yes, the confirmed my car needed the switch replacement.

So if you think your car is not part of the recall, I would call your dealer becauce they might have not sent a letter out.

xqwzit
04-03-2008, 05:08 PM
had drivers window problem last night, fixed it today @ honda.

mikey11
05-03-2008, 11:53 PM
window problem as well. It might be better if the civic was built back in japon. Had a ek civic sedan before and had now problems with the car wat so ever. J-2007 did your friend take it back to honda??? I guess if honda did nothing it might be worth wild to go to your states fair trading department to see if they can do any thing about it. Having the engine blow on a new car is pretty bad.

warwick108
06-03-2008, 07:34 PM
there is a click sound every time I step on the break?.. any1 have that problem?? its not really a problem.. just a small click sound.. kinda annoying..

Frost_FD
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
there is a click sound every time I step on the break?.. any1 have that problem?? its not really a problem.. just a small click sound.. kinda annoying..

That happened to me before but it slowly goes away, i dont know what it is but i was thinking it could be the temperature.

ozR18
07-03-2008, 06:56 PM

If its Auto, that could probably be just the safety lock unlocking the shift stick in order for you to shift into Drive/Reverse etc.

Where is the sound precisely coming from? Thingking abt it again..I cud be wrong since u said everytime u hit the brakes.

warwick108
07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
well the sound comes everytime I step on the brake pedal.. =S.. somedays it doesnt have it tho.. =S.. so kinda weird..

ryanc
08-03-2008, 11:02 AM
on really hot days the car seems to lag a tiny bit when trying to start up the ignition :|
should i be worried?!

anu
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
does anyone else reckon the headlights on their FN2R CTR are weak?

JaCe
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
only other grip is when I go uphill, noticed the auto reluctant to change up even when I ease up on the throttle (seems to hang on to 4000revs for ages).

I think the transmission designed like that so that you're always near peak torque or something.

well the sound comes everytime I step on the brake pedal.. =S.. somedays it doesnt have it tho.. =S.. so kinda weird..

That happened in my parents' Jaguar. It's probably the transmission lock and your dealer/service centre should fix it ASAP. I know how annoying it is because it turned me off from driving the Jag because it annoyed me so much.

If they are anything like the FD, then yes. Can't remember which magazine I read but it showed the FD's beam and said it was the weakest of all the cars up for review. IIRC it was probably COTY from 06.

ido09s
09-03-2008, 05:25 PM

its probably your brake pads moving in the caliper. Its quiet common. You will notice it nearly every time you go from drive to reverse and only on the first application of the brakes. The dealer should be able to rectify it for you by using some anti squel paste or the like

I have had the window problem and i also have a bad flat spot in the fly by wire throttle. The cruise control is also not very accurate and Honda claim that the speed can vary 4klm above and below the set speed and it is acceptable....

denot
09-03-2008, 07:26 PM
If they are anything like the FD, then yes. Can't remember which magazine I read but it showed the FD's beam and said it was the weakest of all the cars up for review. IIRC it was probably COTY from 06.

i drove an 01 7t gen gli before, and then when 1st time i drive FD at night, it actually A lot brighter and better than the 7th Gen...

JaCe
09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
i drove an 01 7t gen gli before, and then when 1st time i drive FD at night, it actually A lot brighter and better than the 7th Gen...

LOL it's been a while since I've seen the stock halogens. I swapped to some crappy Autojoy ones pretty quick, and then to some Crystalvisions, and then now I hae my HIDs.

dmx
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
its probably your brake pads moving in the caliper. Its quiet common. You will notice it nearly every time you go from drive to reverse and only on the first application of the brakes. The dealer should be able to rectify it for you by using some anti squel paste or the like

I have had the window problem and i also have a bad flat spot in the fly by wire throttle. The cruise control is also not very accurate and Honda claim that the speed can vary 4klm above and below the set speed and it is acceptable....

yap, happen with my odc too. but the honda specialize garage (not dealer) said it's from the caliper. nothing too worry. not haven't double check yet with dealer. but know already 2 years, nothing bad happen ;)

LD_Mart
09-03-2008, 08:53 PM

They are much stronger then the FD but u do realise a massive difference if u have had HID's before they seem week. but still saying they are brigther then commodores.

Double R
09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
USA Civic SI 3rd gear problems, not just our Oz CTR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNOQHAVsbhE

warwick108
10-03-2008, 01:57 AM
what do yous mean its from the calipers? the sound comes from the pedal itself?.. =S.. kinda confused..

renegadeice
10-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Once in a long long while, I get problems shifting from neutral to 1st gear. It's happened a few times now (maybe once in a month or two?). At first I thought it was just me being silly but i let my brother drive it before too and he had the same problem.

its made for a few embarrassing moments at the traffic lights x.X (I can only imagine what the people behind me were thinking lol). it eventually goes into 1st (i can't remember exactly how I manage to get around it, i think I just move it into 2nd, 3rd then into 1st gear again). Worst of all, it happens so rarely and i have no idea how to reproduce this for a mechanic to inspect.

Thankfully, I've never had such a problem shifting while the car's already moving. Anyone else had a similar problem before? o.O

anu
10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
They are much stronger then the FD but u do realise a massive difference if u have had HID's before they seem week. but still saying they are brigther then commodores.

nah ive never had HID's b4. i just noticed a massive difference compared to my dad's 06 RAV4. hell its a massive diff compared 2 my crappy 96 Lancer!!! lol ...jap headlights have always been pretty weak, altho in 08 u'd think that theyd have come a long way from where they used to be.

like i said, my dad's car has pretty strong headers and theyre just the normal ones on the RAV, not HIDs....but its pretty shite on the CTR...unless mine have dodgy ones... :(

Sexythang
17-03-2008, 03:43 AM
07 civic vtil. the engine suffered a break down as the main belt pulley holder connecting to the belt to the engine gave way. im not very sure how to explain but its the metal piece holding the belt roller. the thing cracked and all hell broke loose in the engine bay. i beleive the loose belt roller flinging about in the engine caused some damage to the engine internals.

bear in mind im a sedate driver to ease the engine in since its my first new car bought with my own money.

anyway, honda took it in and replaced the bottom block of the engine. they told me its a new engine. but im finding hard to beleive. the engine sounds so rough. feels unsmooth as before. there's a rattling sound coming from the bottom of the engine. and also a slight rattle (or like clack-clack-clack) from the top part of the engine. they said the shipped the new engine block from melbourne to perth.

now ive told the honda dealer about it but they are adamant its in good condition and a new engine. i'll be taking it back soon to complain yet again.

what do you guys think? i feel it doesnt feel like a new engine as well. it sounds wrong. i dont really know anyone who has a vtil who i can compare the engine noise to.

fab4272
17-03-2008, 08:21 AM
07 civic vtil. the engine suffered a break down as the main belt pulley holder connecting to the belt to the engine gave way. im not very sure how to explain but its the metal piece holding the belt roller. the thing cracked and all hell broke loose in the engine bay. i beleive the loose belt roller flinging about in the engine caused some damage to the engine internals.

bear in mind im a sedate driver to ease the engine in since its my first new car bought with my own money.

anyway, honda took it in and replaced the bottom block of the engine. they told me its a new engine. but im finding hard to beleive. the engine sounds so rough. feels unsmooth as before. there's a rattling sound coming from the bottom of the engine. and also a slight rattle (or like clack-clack-clack) from the top part of the engine. they said the shipped the new engine block from melbourne to perth.

now ive told the honda dealer about it but they are adamant its in good condition and a new engine. i'll be taking it back soon to complain yet again.

what do you guys think? i feel it doesnt feel like a new engine as well. it sounds wrong. i dont really know anyone who has a vtil who i can compare the engine noise to.

If you want to compare it, maybe try test driving a VTIL from another dealer on the pretense that you want are interested in buying one and note the noise and feel.

fab4272
17-03-2008, 08:23 AM
If its Auto, that could probably be just the safety lock unlocking the shift stick in order for you to shift into Drive/Reverse etc.

Where is the sound precisely coming from? Thingking abt it again..I cud be wrong since u said everytime u hit the brakes.

I have something similiar with my VTI. When reversing the car and putting it in drive (I do stop fully when doing this), there is an audible and sometimes load 'click' noise when I start to drive off.

cuongn
18-03-2008, 08:29 PM
i think honda should get there fingers out of there ass and stop wanking them selfs and fix these f**ken problems, come on its a f*ken honda, its surpose to be built from the best

ozR18
18-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I have something similiar with my VTI. When reversing the car and putting it in drive (I do stop fully when doing this), there is an audible and sometimes load 'click' noise when I start to drive off.

Dude.. I think im having the same issue...Reverse, fully stops, shifts to D and a whip kinda sounds is audible.

A highlighted this issue sumwhere but don think i found the answer..a problem for concern??

markCivicVti
19-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Dude.. I think im having the same issue...Reverse, fully stops, shifts to D and a whip kinda sounds is audible.

A highlighted this issue sumwhere but don think i found the answer..a problem for concern??

We've discussed this here before for the FDs.. it not an issue. Don't be concerned.

fab4272
19-03-2008, 11:31 AM
We've discussed this here before for the FDs.. it not an issue. Don't be concerned.

Why is it not something to be concerned about? This noise is gradually getting louder, and wasn't present when I bought the car.

denot
19-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Why is it not something to be concerned about? This noise is gradually getting louder, and wasn't present when I bought the car.

I got the same prob, and its there from the 1st time I drive the car (and teh demo car I drove as well). Bring it to my mechanic (non honda) and ask, they said its normal (as in nothing wrong with it). but hey, we cant say that your case and mine is 100% the same cant we?

Joele
19-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Problems

Been fixed
- Poor Paint (bubbling on the roof) my roof was resprayed a week after I bought the car.
- Vent on the far left (passenger side) of the dash wouldn't fit properly, was replaced/repaired.

Being fixed next week (10,000KM service)
- Fuel cap door doesn't open when I push lever, have to keep pushing and get someone to pry it open to top up fuel.. serious PITA
- Drivers door doesn't open well, I think it is just not sitting in well so is really hard to pull level to get it to open.
- Drivers side window when down won't go up again without me guiding it up (pulling up with one hand whilst using electrics with other)..

Not meaning to bash Honda (but hard to not) I do find that the general fit and finish inside my Civic is rather poor, but from what I hear this is extremely variable, with some people having many faults and others having none..

Ohh I get this too, though sounds more a loud clunk to me, even if I came to a full stop before shifting, it makes no difference as soon as I touch the throttle *clunk*... It seems so common I think it is a feature not a fault..

triode12
19-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I just put down a deposit on a Civic Sport, picking it up in 3 weeks.

Actually, choose it over a Subaru Impreza and used Toyota Prius.

With all this talk about faults, I'm starting to wonder now if I made the right decision....

Frost_FD
19-03-2008, 02:45 PM
You made the right choice trode12 but would you prefer a WRX over a civic sports? You will hunger for more power

triode12
19-03-2008, 02:56 PM
You made the right choice trode12 but would you prefer a WRX over a civic sports? You will hunger for more power

Hi Frost,

Not a question of more power, but of reliability and the package as a whole.

Was comparing the Impreza RS vs the Civic Sport. I liked the overall quality of the RS esp low NVH levels but the fact that it runs on 98ROM fuel and it has a 8.8L/100km thirst killed it for me.

Frost_FD
19-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Wow impreza run on 98 only?? well my civic runs on 98ron =)

Well if you compare it to the impreza rs not the wrx then of course buy the civic sports without question. I forgot they had a new look on the wrx so go for the civic hands down!

triode12
19-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Wow impreza run on 98 only?? well my civic runs on 98ron =)

Well if you compare it to the impreza rs not the wrx then of course buy the civic sports without question. I forgot they had a new look on the wrx so go for the civic hands down!

The Subie RS and Civic Sports are in the same price bracket ($30-32K). While the WRX should be compared to CTR and VW Golf ($39-42K). I can't afford the latter group.:(

Riviera
21-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I just put down a deposit on a Civic Sport, picking it up in 3 weeks.

Actually, choose it over a Subaru Impreza and used Toyota Prius.

With all this talk about faults, I'm starting to wonder now if I made the right decision....

ewww new impreza or prius lol

im glad you chose the civic

the new preza looks like balls even though the new design is to hopefully bring them back up in the rally spectrum

and the prius... well lol

civic is just awesome best lines, sexy headlights and tail lights mmmmm

Riviera
21-03-2008, 06:44 PM
lol on that note ^^^^^

ummmm

misses got a problem dont think has been listed yet but driving along one day
the A-pillar glass demister cover on the passenger side front, popped out/up...

and is a bit stiff to click back in.......

gerard
22-03-2008, 05:12 PM
lol on that note ^^^^^

ummmm

misses got a problem dont think has been listed yet but driving along one day
the A-pillar glass demister cover on the passenger side front, popped out/up...

and is a bit stiff to click back in.......

Thats a common problem on the civic (world wide). looks like they have yet to fix it fom a design point of view.

warwick108
22-03-2008, 06:12 PM
only problem Ive had is the window.. and thats due to the windows being new..
joele.. I think u have the same problem with me.. not really a problem mate.. the dealer just put some lube on the window and its all good.. its a safety function in the civic.. in case someone gets caught in the window.. it goes back down itself, because the civic is new.. the rubber is rubbing to hard on the window..=)

Riviera
22-03-2008, 08:11 PM
cheers gerard

lol the window problem is stupid, window goes up oh wait back down it goes...

if you havnt noticed i was playing round with the missesm window, and
it shift back and forth as if its loose, got her to close the window and
then i shifted it as it was going up, it went back down...

just wondering with the window winding back down... does anyone have it just do it randomly.

in excessive heat making the seals have more friction or when
loud music is playing???

denot
23-03-2008, 07:11 AM
It happens to me on Thursday, but then on Friday ,when its raining, the problem fixed... :confused:

sam.
23-03-2008, 10:55 AM
we have 07 auto vti, and we won't be buying another new car from honda ever again, the service we recieved from our dealership was at best "completely disgraceful" then the car: picked car up, not even 1km from dealer noticed the car pulls to the left, 2nd day fuse cover falls down (happend about 10 times now), window problem won't go auto up, rear suspension makes weird creaking noises goin out of driveway, paint quality is absolutely shit! has has come off the car and took it back to dealer and they refused to fix it, the dealer has now only just agreed to fix it after telling them we're informing 2day 2night/aca about it! again service recieved from dealer staff is terrible! now have windscreen wiper problem (noisy), auto box kicks down to soon under braking making smooth braking impossible, dashboard is dust magnet! and drive by wire is possibly the slowest ever throttle response i've found! all in all not impressed with dealer and car and won't be buying anything new with a "H" badge on it anytime in the future! and for reference, our friend bought a new getz when webought our civic, she received tons of gifts like backpacks and drink bottles and shit like that and gave her a bottle of wine and all the dealers came out and shook her hand and everything, while we had to wait an hour to be seen and finally had to deal with a kia 2nd hand salesman who didn't know what he was doing or anything about the car! we didn't get anything with our car and i even had to ask for some keyrings and they gave us their dealer keyrings! TWATS!

blk_shadow
23-03-2008, 11:28 AM
we have 07 auto vti, and we won't be buying another new car from honda ever again, the service we recieved from our dealership was at best "completely disgraceful" then the car: picked car up, not even 1km from dealer noticed the car pulls to the left, 2nd day fuse cover falls down (happend about 10 times now), window problem won't go auto up, rear suspension makes weird creaking noises goin out of driveway, paint quality is absolutely shit! has has come off the car and took it back to dealer and they refused to fix it, the dealer has now only just agreed to fix it after telling them we're informing 2day 2night/aca about it! again service recieved from dealer staff is terrible! now have windscreen wiper problem (noisy), auto box kicks down to soon under braking making smooth braking impossible, dashboard is dust magnet! and drive by wire is possibly the slowest ever throttle response i've found! all in all not impressed with dealer and car and won't be buying anything new with a "H" badge on it anytime in the future! and for reference, our friend bought a new getz when webought our civic, she received tons of gifts like backpacks and drink bottles and shit like that and gave her a bottle of wine and all the dealers came out and shook her hand and everything, while we had to wait an hour to be seen and finally had to deal with a kia 2nd hand salesman who didn't know what he was doing or anything about the car! we didn't get anything with our car and i even had to ask for some keyrings and they gave us their dealer keyrings! TWATS!

mate, its the dealership, not the 'H' 's fault.

Riviera
23-03-2008, 11:35 AM
yea but the dealer doesnt build/put the car together, that is pretty poor...

as for the gifts and such thats the dealer, any good dealer would actually come
out and congratulate you make you feel like youve just bought a lamborghini.

JaCe
23-03-2008, 12:05 PM

Dude...

1. All those issues regarding transmission and throttle response; could it just be that the car was new and not run-in? You ran the engine in properly and all the other components right?

2. Was the car that different to the one you test drove?

3. Admittedly the dealer should fix those issues IF they were actually faults/defects as opposed to "that's the design of the car", but it's hard to tell whether or not you're just not used to the car.

4. Free drink bottles and crap like that are factored into the dealer costs/profit figure. Nothing is truly free. And that being said, does it really matter? It seems trivial that you spend more than a 1/3 of your rant complaining about this.

5. In my experience the paint has been really good on the Civic. It stands up to alot of things which scratch against it lol.. but I've heard not everyone has good paint.

Riviera
23-03-2008, 03:47 PM
nah the paint is quite poor ql lol... when misses first got hers i could feel how
soft it was, finger nail imprints got left behind too, its as if it doesnt have a protective coating/clear coat on it

civic_07
23-03-2008, 04:06 PM
^^^ man, gotta be a lemon or dealer is full of sh*t :thumbdwn:

I have nothing to fault both my FD1 and the dealer. The car been absolute fantastic since day 1 (it's my first ever Honda). The paint, engine, fittings, etc all that mentioned above, none of those! I'm no expert but I didn't buy it to race or something :D. I bought it for the looks, I love the interior :) and the fuel economy.

Some already mentioned this about the i-VTEC engine and how it works, if one learns to drive it as it meant to be then I think you find that it's not slow at all.

As for dealers, they surely are not the same everywhere. I went thru 3 different ones and the last dealer is just completely class above others. I only spent like 30 mins and signed the deal. As for free gifts and stuffs, I didn't want or expect for any, whatever options I wanted were for the car and at the end I drove away happy with the price.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your Civic and the troubles with dealer. Hope the car get better so you can enjoy driving it a bit more.

warwick108
23-03-2008, 05:45 PM
well.. personally.. I love my civic.. but for built quality.. my brothers honda jazz vti-s is 10x the better built.. =S.. sam.. just go for a test drive and see if its any different to your civic? I think the braking and down gearing is all up to the driver.. and yes it does happen once in awhile.. but guess what? your driving an auto.. you dont have control over the gear changes..

Riviera
23-03-2008, 05:55 PM
that is true, well yes i love the FD aswell lol i had to say it, looks wicked at night with a bit of light casting over it with the lights on mmmmmmm, so fierce

denot
24-03-2008, 06:10 AM

er... maybe the question is... have you ever test drive the civic before? or you just buy it coz many ppl bought it? also, my friend bought a getz few weeks ago and the dealer treat her as if she doesnt have any money to buy i30. They barely talk or smile when she pick up the car :thumbdwn:

cuongn
24-03-2008, 09:54 AM
my mate got his civic from the dealer at parra and he has nothing wrong with it not even a window problem, his dont about 24,000kms now. 1st time i lean on it i slip off it, it was dat good in paint quality, maybe 70% of da civic have problems and the other 30% are great,, well i hope i'm in that 30% cuz i got a sport model

denot
24-03-2008, 10:01 AM
my mate got his civic from the dealer at parra and he has nothing wrong with it not even a window problem, his dont about 24,000kms now. 1st time i lean on it i slip off it, it was dat good in paint quality, maybe 70% of da civic have problems and the other 30% are great,, well i hope i'm in that 30% cuz i got a sport model

if you have a friend who has a civic in the 30% part there, maybe you can bring him (and his civic) when you pick up yours and then compare them infront of the dealer to check if the quality the same?

sam.
24-03-2008, 12:13 PM
the thing that's pissed me off the most is that we especially bought a honda for their supposed great build quality and the service you recieve, well, the car is shit and the customer service was terrible!

JaCe
24-03-2008, 01:23 PM
the thing that's pissed me off the most is that we especially bought a honda for their supposed great build quality and the service you recieve, well, the car is shit and the customer service was terrible!

If I buy a BMW, a Benz, or something along those lines, then yes I'd expect service. But when you're buying a Honda Civic.... I think the service one would expect is in a totally diff league.

warwick108
24-03-2008, 03:23 PM
the build quality of the jazz.. is 10x better than that of the civic!!.. even tho I own an fd1..

Riviera
24-03-2008, 06:39 PM
its the apprentice's building the VTi models lol

sam.
24-03-2008, 07:08 PM
i think they employed some kids with no arms to build them

HondaTechy
24-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I disagree, jazz gear box problems compared to civic ones are astronomical.Ile have personlaly the civic factory in thailand andf there not build by little kids

sam.
24-03-2008, 11:19 PM
it was a figure of speech due to the lack of any "build quality" put into the civic

denot
25-03-2008, 05:28 AM
it was a figure of speech due to the lack of any "build quality" put into the civic

Edit: due to the lack of any "build quality" put into some of the civic

25-03-2008, 06:52 AM

Yup, my parents had this exact same issue. No visible signs of leaking fluid on the driveway either. Very strange.

My dad said the fluid level was below minimum, sitting the car on a flat surface. He picked up a bottle of transmission fluid, topped it up and now the noise is gone.

Interestingly to note, the service was done 2k ago, so it looks like either the power steering fluid level was not checked, or most of the fluid has leaked out over a period of 2000kms.

I've owned 3 honda's since I've had my license and never seen so many problems with the civic's. Something definitely is up with quality control. Makes Toyota's seem attractive!

BC8
25-03-2008, 10:15 AM
hey guys,

had the fd for about 2-3 months, noticed the other day with the drivers side window getting jammed when its about to shut, more than half way its starts shuttering and got jammed. Turned the car off and on, it ran smoothly then happened the day after. Haven't had problems since, is this the sign of the dodgy drivers side window?
I often have the drivers side windows down just underneath the weathershields on a day to day basis.
Is there a easy fix solution ? or just take it back to Honda. I thought i'll ask here before I do take it back to them.

denot
25-03-2008, 11:18 AM
hey guys,

had the fd for about 2-3 months, noticed the other day with the drivers side window getting jammed when its about to shut, more than half way its starts shuttering and got jammed. Turned the car off and on, it ran smoothly then happened the day after. Haven't had problems since, is this the sign of the dodgy drivers side window?
I often have the drivers side windows down just underneath the weathershields on a day to day basis.
Is there a easy fix solution ? or just take it back to Honda. I thought i'll ask here before I do take it back to them.

just need to be cleaned... use silicon spray do the trick (I think Honda ppl will do the same as well)

sam.
25-03-2008, 04:58 PM
i haven't seen an 8th gen civic that hasn't had a problem! so far build quality seems to be nil

Riviera
25-03-2008, 05:18 PM
and everyone is seeming to have this window problem.... lol its like farkeen
wtf is up are the workers trying to send honda bust, maybe start researchin
foriegn forums for problems, see if teh NZ, US and UK are having problems
aswell...

Mingy
25-03-2008, 09:48 PM
License Plate Lights stops working?? anyone?? would this be part of the warrenty?

Sexythang
25-03-2008, 09:54 PM
yup, apart from the engine break down i also have the window problem. It lost its automatic wind up and down ability.

this being a honda it shouldnt happen. the accord euro from japan would have been a better choice.

ahmondjai
25-03-2008, 11:39 PM
yup, apart from the engine break down i also have the window problem. It lost its automatic wind up and down ability.

this being a honda it shouldnt happen. the accord euro from japan would have been a better choice.

engine break down??!! WTF!! that's way too soon for a brand new car.

ms700
26-03-2008, 07:06 PM
License Plate Lights stops working?? anyone?? would this be part of the warrenty?
Depends exactly why the license plate lights have stopped working.

Have you done anything to the boot area? As in mods? Or is there any reason whatsoever why the lights may have stopped working? If not, warranty all the way id say. Get your dealer to check it out, it could be just a blown fuse.

Sexythang
28-03-2008, 01:52 AM
engine break down??!! WTF!! that's way too soon for a brand new car.

tell me about it. i cant beleive it myself. esp having a corolla that is problem free for 9 years. not even a hiccup. now having my honda engine rebuilt already and have a rough engine start and idle than before. told them that the rebuilt engine doesnt sound right. they said they will take a look on the next service.
they even told me that im looking too hard for imperfections. but im pretty sure it wasnt this rough and loud before the engine rebuild because i compared it to my corolla engine before and after the rebuild. whole car vibrates alot more as well. very unhappy

hope its better after the service.

ahmondjai
28-03-2008, 03:50 AM
tell me about it. i cant beleive it myself. esp having a corolla that is problem free for 9 years. not even a hiccup. now having my honda engine rebuilt already and have a rough engine start and idle than before. told them that the rebuilt engine doesnt sound right. they said they will take a look on the next service.
they even told me that im looking too hard for imperfections. but im pretty sure it wasnt this rough and loud before the engine rebuild because i compared it to my corolla engine before and after the rebuild. whole car vibrates alot more as well. very unhappy

Sexythang, if I were you, I'll bug them for as long as they make me happy. a rough engine is not a little imperfection, you've came across a engine rebuild already for a brand new car, I believe you don't want anymore engine problem in the future. I'll try not to leave it too late e.g. next service, go back to your dealer and reflect your disappointment to them. I've had a oil leak on the 1st day and after went back to them 3 times without success(if I remember right, the 1st 2 times they couldn't find out what the problem is, only the last time when I was with them looking, from genuine Honda tech who we rely on), I wrote a letter to the dealer principle and was prepared to address it to consumer affairs and to Honda headquarters, Australia and/or Japan. after the black and white had been sent in, their response improved significantly, and now every time I go in there, I can feel some respect, not just being push around. I recon if you are not happy, let them know and don't let yourselves suffer for something that is not your own fault.

P.S. am I being too extreme? let me know please~

Sexythang
28-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Sexythang, if I were you, I'll bug them for as long as they make me happy. a rough engine is not a little imperfection, you've came across a engine rebuild already for a brand new car, I believe you don't want anymore engine problem in the future. I'll try not to leave it too late e.g. next service, go back to your dealer and reflect your disappointment to them. I've had a oil leak on the 1st day and after went back to them 3 times without success(if I remember right, the 1st 2 times they couldn't find out what the problem is, only the last time when I was with them looking, from genuine Honda tech who we rely on), I wrote a letter to the dealer principle and was prepared to address it to consumer affairs and to Honda headquarters, Australia and/or Japan. after the black and white had been sent in, their response improved significantly, and now every time I go in there, I can feel some respect, not just being push around. I recon if you are not happy, let them know and don't let yourselves suffer for something that is not your own fault.

P.S. am I being too extreme? let me know please~

ahmondjai.
nope. you're doing the correct thing. ive already done most of what you suggested. though its up to honda headquarters in melbourne only. the head mechanic has seen the car already though he doesnt beleive me when i sense there is a rough and vibrating problem. he and the general manager agreed to get it tested for idle noise and vibration when its due for the new engine checkup (1000km's....since i had an engine rebuild its the second time 1000km checkup). He will need to address it if not i would go to honda australia again and maybe japan.

extremely angry at the problems. at least an oil leak there is a sort concrete evidence. the noise and vibration is more a 'feel' thing which they will try and deny it as much as possible (as they already have as well as telling me that im affected by the engine rebuild too much and looking more hardly for problems. by the way its harder for me as i cant produce a new civic and show them the difference) but i am supremely confident its not in as new condition as it should be. its too rough for a honda and especially a BRAND NEW honda.

honda japan and honda australia need to watch out. better not let honda service/dealers turn into toyota dealers/service

ahmondjai
28-03-2008, 03:10 PM
sexythang, has you test drive another Civic from the same dealership or another one, or maybe get someone else to test drive it also, see if the 3rd person's opinion? I've heard of a whole brand new engine swap from my salesman, he said that Indian guy keep bugging them until they can't take it anymore and swap that for him.

Sexythang
28-03-2008, 03:39 PM
yes. I would love to bug em like hell like an indian asking for a discount on a discounted item. but im also in a service orientated industry so we will be professional about it. I will give them a chance to do all the tests and rectify the problem as they have promised unless they can show me there isnt a problem at all and this happens to all civics. if it isnt then i wouldnt waste time complaining that many times again and just go to top management and will expect good compensation in one form or the other. If not then i wouldnt buy another honda again and will go back to toyota/lexus.

Riviera
31-03-2008, 08:14 AM

hey are you paying for it or what???? is honda paying for it

you should ask for a K20A while theyre at it, just for your trouble.
its causing you hardship cause i cant get to work lol

funkdr
01-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey guys opened my boot tonight and water was sitting in the drivers side boot hindge trim plastic ended up soakign the boot floor anyone had this will investigate more

dmx
02-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey guys opened my boot tonight and water was sitting in the drivers side boot hindge trim plastic ended up soakign the boot floor anyone had this will investigate more

looks like got problems with rubber surrounding. just claim to dealer.

sam.
02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
just a shitbox honda thing dude!

Riviera
02-04-2008, 08:44 PM
a fair few of these FD1's are starting to actually sound like sh!tboxes...

but how can i be angry they look so sexy lol

Sexythang
03-04-2008, 04:23 AM
hey are you paying for it or what???? is honda paying for it

you should ask for a K20A while theyre at it, just for your trouble.
its causing you hardship cause i cant get to work lol

to be frank. i think i deserve a new car. everyday i drive it i think to myself....this cant be happening. its a honda!

looking back now....i wouldnt buy a honda again unless it was made in japan (thats only if i decide to go honda again). the extra 1 or 2k aud is worth it instead for a small discount from being thai built.

Bob san
04-04-2008, 01:45 AM

engine breakdown? what exatcly happened? can you tell me more about your situation? cos im kinda in the same boat.

ahmondjai
04-04-2008, 02:48 AM
engine breakdown? what exatcly happened? can you tell me more about your situation? cos im kinda in the same boat.

another engine break down??? WTH is wrong??

warwick108
04-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I can honestly say.. the civic is pretty poorly built..and i personally reckon its because its made in thai..my brother had a jazz, that thing is so well build compared to the civic.. and its cheaper..

FlyingChicken
05-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I can honestly say.. the civic is pretty poorly built..and i personally reckon its because its made in thai..my brother had a jazz, that thing is so well build compared to the civic.. and its cheaper..

Correct me if im wrong anyone, but isn't the Jazz Thai built as well?

ahmondjai
05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
They are talking about the previous year one, not the new current Jazz

FlyingChicken
05-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh wow! I thought ALL Jazzes were made in Thailand. My bad.

markCivicVti
05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I can honestly say, I have no issues with my FD1.

I don't reckon the build quality is low.. I think some of you expect too much from a car...

Bob san
05-04-2008, 06:16 PM

I don't recon the build quality is low.. I think some of you expect too much from a car...

well some of us expect the car to run for at least 3 years without the engine failing....

also i had no issues with the car until my engine gave up the ghost... no a single damn problem then suddenly boom.

warwick108
05-04-2008, 06:37 PM
yeh.. I think the current jazz is like thai built.. I think they call it jazz vibe?.. we got ours when jazz just came out.. so well built.. and the engine is even better build.. love that engine..

sam.
05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
i'm not expecting to much, it's the most expensive car being only a vti, corolla etc is much cheaper! i was willing to pay the extra for honda's so called high quality, oh and we just had our 20K service done and told them about the window problem and they just sprayed lube on it! WTF!!! it's a problem, they should fix it not just use a "band aid" fix! we're never buying a honda again! they seem to be turning overpriced pos!

ahmondjai
06-04-2008, 01:06 AM
well some of us expect the car to run for at least 3 years without the engine failing....

also i had no issues with the car until my engine gave up the ghost... no a single damn problem then suddenly boom.

mind telling a story?

Riviera
06-04-2008, 03:27 PM

I don't reckon the build quality is low.. I think some of you expect too much from a car...

and heres you being ignorant....

Are you not reading through all these problems..?? these are not supposed
to occur on a BRAND NEW vehicle this is a item of transport, people sit, eat,
breath, drink, travel is these vehicles... when your paying 30k you expect nothing but "Grade A" quality, its holding onto your life at 100km/h and some

dont know what it is, but a brand new life wielding, road rocket. should
not

* Break down - its brand new...
* Have window issues - then be fixed with window lube its nothing to do
with window track dryness

* Have flat tyres after you leave the dealership
* Have Interior Panels popping out just because its a little warm outside

just aint on...

Shimian
06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
yay, my 6 stacker broke down today. it comes up with MECH ERROR. You cant load any cds. Anyone know how to solve this problem? OR just take it to dealer?

Riviera
06-04-2008, 08:15 PM
look it up in the troubleshoot in the manual if its got one if not off to the dealer

MECH ERROR - Mechanical error - CD jammed in the stacker perhaps??? CD too scratched

Shimian
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
i looked in manual and it said to remove something. Dont remember as i dont have it with me. But what to remove? Everything is integrated. CDs are all in good condition.

Sexythang
07-04-2008, 12:34 AM

mine happened sudenly. basically some bolt came loose near the engine pulley. cracking and dislodging the pulley. and i think the effects adversely affected the engine or at least the lower block.

they said the changed a whole new engine in but i dont beleive them simply coz it sounds like my 8 year old corolla. it feels rougher than usual. more sharp whiney noise when u are off the throttle after a little acceleration(i.e blipping the throttle). all this together with window problems, cam belt knocking noises, ticking noises somewhere in the cabin, misalligned plastics which i dont think should happen on a new car. especially one below 3000k's on the clock.

with the comment by someone who said we expect too much from a car. i think its justified because it is one of the reasons why we chose to buy a honda in the first place....and buying a 'brand new' one instead of second hand.

while i dont expect it to last as long as the corolla which i still have which has been problem free even until the smallest parts like light bulbs and battery havent been replaced....at least 3-5 years problem free for the honda is good enough as with all new cars should be anyway.

btw, the new problem ive 'over'heard while being a too frequent guest at the service centre is that the air conditioning on thai built jazz'es are malfunctioning. which is not functioning at all.

warwick108
07-04-2008, 12:52 AM
thai built jazz malfunctioning.. its hard not to be bias about things being built by thai's.. just to save a few grand.. we get a car that malfunctions.. -_-".. we have had a jazz since 02.. when they first came out.. and its never skipped a beat...

Sexythang
07-04-2008, 03:14 AM
thai built jazz malfunctioning.. its hard not to be bias about things being built by thai's.. just to save a few grand.. we get a car that malfunctions.. -_-".. we have had a jazz since 02.. when they first came out.. and its never skipped a beat...

02 i presume is the jap jazz.

anyway i just wish to clarify its the newer jazzes. 2 cases from friends which happen to be 2 year old. may be thai jazzes

curtis265
21-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi guys, bumping an old thread to the top here.

The thing that strikes me as the most 'wrong' about some of your statements is that you're generalising civics saying that ALL 8th gen's are of an infeiror build quality.

You're all wrong - Nobody's going to come on this thread, or even this forum and complain about how wonderful their cars are... aren't they.

All you'll ever hear from this forum are cries for help threads, 'what mod should i do' thread or a thread full of pictures.

I have FD1. Had absolutely no problems with it. It is, in a way, the perfect car for what was spent on it.

Zimp13
21-12-2009, 06:05 PM

i m sorry but if they said "im looking too hard for imperfections", i would $%^*&*( them upside down. its the company fault and yet still tell me wat to do?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zimp13
21-12-2009, 06:08 PM
i would not accept the engine rebuilt in the first place. change a new car. i would notify my finance company and get them involve. the car doesnt perform as it is supposed to be (it is unfit for its purpose), one has the right to exchange it.

Zimp13
21-12-2009, 06:16 PM
mate, its the dealership, not the 'H' 's fault.

well.... the dealership has to make sure it has the right people working in there.... rite???? :p

if i had a company, all my staff is also representing the company......
a boss cant say its not my fault, its my staff fault....... :wave::wave::wave:

remember, i serviced my honda in a car dealer and they didnt change my engine oil as well as the oil filter yet i still paid for it........... :zip::zip:

sirdistik
21-12-2009, 08:43 PM
remember, i serviced my honda in a car dealer and they didnt change my engine oil as well as the oil filter yet i still paid for it........... :zip::zip:

Heya,

How did you know they didn't change it?

I had one service there they didn't even put the coolant resevoir cap back on, it just sat on top of the container. luckily it was a cool day and I popped the hood to have a look as soon as I got home! I filled in the customer feedback card that you get with every service but f*** all was done about it. fkn useless feedback in my opinion. They just like to read what they wanna read to boost their KPIs

j-2007
22-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Umm please ban me?
Yes my forum name is usually j-2007 and yes I have received an email saying someone replied to this threat but I don't remember ever starting this post!

Hell I don't even own a Honda!

curtis265
22-12-2009, 03:01 PM
You said that you're researching it for a friend on ur OP.

threesix
24-12-2009, 08:20 AM
when the rattles start = the stereo get louder.

problem solved.

i hate rattles. hate. but when you dump/rim/low pro tires/rip plastic out they are bound to come :(

and having a hybrid engine = i hope to ****ing jesus nothing blows up. hope the dealership hold up their warranty if something does..

fitme
24-12-2009, 12:47 PM
i can here a very small squishy sound near the drivers door..kinda anoying..its like plastic rubbing to each other...

Zimp13
24-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Heya,

How did you know they didn't change it?

I had one service there they didn't even put the coolant resevoir cap back on, it just sat on top of the container. luckily it was a cool day and I popped the hood to have a look as soon as I got home! I filled in the customer feedback card that you get with every service but f*** all was done about it. fkn useless feedback in my opinion. They just like to read what they wanna read to boost their KPIs

i always change my own oil and the filter at the 5000km interval. after taking to the dealer for service, as usual, i change the oil and filter after the car has done 5000km.

i found the engine was harsher or rougher than normal. when i drain the oil, the engine oil definitely has done more than 5000km.... lets say i was wrong, when i look at my oil filter, it was still the old aftermarket oil filter instead of the honda one...... in the service book, oil and its filter have been replaced....

fitme
25-12-2009, 10:06 AM
when i look at my oil filter, it was still the old aftermarket oil filter instead of the honda one...... in the service book, oil and its filter have been replaced....

this is what im worried about on my 1st change oil...i will put some marks to the filter so i would know that they replaced it

JOhnnyFD
27-12-2009, 01:25 AM
i went into ultratune for servicing one time.. still under warranty and ask if they could replace my oil filter with an aftermarket oil filter (hamp) if i provided it and they go they wont do it.. only replacing it with geniune oem parts only

if oil filter is aftermarket, they may not replace it??

threesix
29-12-2009, 07:56 PM
i have a rattle in my dash that sounds like a 10 cent piece in an empty coke can.

RAD!!!!!!!

curtis265
29-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Ultratune won't void your warranty for you :)

fab4272
07-03-2011, 10:17 AM

Hi, did you end up with a resolution on this? Our FD civic is loosing fluid as well, but not onto the ground. I can only assum it is leaking into the rack.

09-03-2011, 09:04 PM
This was a known issue.

My parents had their steering rack replaced under warranty.

curtis265
09-03-2011, 11:22 PM
faking sunvisor just blew open

fab4272
10-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Ok, so steering rack loosing fluid. What about problems with the meta; black trim turning white? I got the usual excuse "it is the detergent" you are using. So what about the rest of the car, why isn't it turning white then?

Does anyone think I will have much recourse with Honda for the steering rack /fluid issue and metal trim turning white? Are these well known and documented issues for anyone else?

Danzvtil
12-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey fellas, these problems arent caused because the cars ar built in thailand, they are present because honda CHOOSES to sign off designs that save money and increase profits, this can result in substandard quality. Look at toyota and their issues of late.
My accord has some cheap,nasty plastics on the interior, not cause its thai built, but its designed for americans who dont know any better, and honda want to maximise profits.
Honda can go some way to address these issues by rectifying them at an aftersales level to a satisfactory standard, but unfortunately not all dealers are willing, nor are honda aus willing to pay for the warranty work.
This will cost them dearly.

kiwitrains
14-03-2011, 08:42 AM
18 Months old 37800K and not a problem third Honda owned and no problems and no mods!!

hazza78
28-03-2011, 09:27 PM
I have a FD2 Sport (2009), no problems, everything is perfect with 42k on the clock.

fitme
12-07-2014, 05:04 PM
my stock fd 1.8 except 18" wheels and ice reaches her 90t kms service

at 70tkms i replaced the left rear passenger side hub bearing
and rear pads
at 80tkms resurfaced the front disc

drain and fill atf and psf at 70tkms

at 90tkms service they say i have a little
bit of leak on my power steering pump but
i always check the reservoir and no noticeable
fluid level change..

stevo1210
13-07-2014, 12:42 AM
28,900KM on my odometer as of today. I've had two problems in the last four years of ownership from new, all which were fixed under warranty.

1. My boot seal ripped in one corner because the hinge arms were rubbing against the edge of the seal. This was fixed by the dealer and boot arms adjusted. I then did a mod and shaved the plastic arm cover with a file and associated tools. No problems since then.

2. My drivers door vapour seal came apart. What would happen was water would flow inside the car after I'd wash it and wet the carpets. Got it fixed under warranty and problem free since.

Other things are little and not worth fixing, like some of my interior trim around the shifter column has flaked away and there is a creaking noise behind the middle dash. Little things I don't really think needs any attention.

Gotta say though... Honda warranty service has been fantastic every time.

fitme
13-07-2014, 07:01 AM
^can you buy an extended warranty even your warranty expired a year ago?

kiwitrains
13-07-2014, 08:19 AM
112000KM still no problems whatsoever!!!

lolmclol
14-07-2014, 02:29 PM
^can you buy an extended warranty even your warranty expired a year ago?

no

5char

fitme
20-07-2014, 07:34 AM
went to snowy mountain 2 weeks ago (day return trip), checked oil, tyre pressure 35psi, all tyres are in good condition before we left, then after a few days my left rear passenger tyre is making a noise, i check it and it worn out faster than my 3 tyres and it has a cupping.
tyre cupping is from having a bad bearing or shock or other worn out suspension part, im suspecting the toe alignment is not within spec because i havent done any alignment sinced day 1and the..hub bearing was replaced 4months ago

where do you guys do your wheel alignment?

lolmclol
20-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Anywhere that fits tyres should do wheel alignment.

stevo1210
20-07-2014, 11:14 PM
my left rear passenger tyre is making a noise

Last time that happened to me... I didn't have a cupping but a bolt in my tyre. Full freaked out and thought wheel bearing and took it in to see Honda. They showed me a bolt was in my tyre. Embarassment much.

fitme
21-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Last time that happened to me... I didn't have a cupping but a bolt in my tyre. Full freaked out and thought wheel bearing and took it in to see Honda. They showed me a bolt was in my tyre. Embarassment much.

maybe my rear struts is wornout..car is 90t kms old..

cyclone1410
24-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Only issues with my 2007 sedan has been a faulty interior light and the soft wiper blades replaced by Bosch inserts

minircc
21-07-2015, 11:44 AM
sorry for reviving an old tread,but i'm looking to buy a used civic for a family member and came across this US bulletin.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/free-engine-replacement-for-2006-2009-honda-civics/index.htm

"Free engine replacement for 2006-2009 Honda Civics
Warranty extended to 10 years for cars with engine block cracks and leaking coolant"

Doesn't the US and AUS model have the same drivetrain?

Benzened
22-07-2015, 08:54 PM
I have a 2009 (Built Dec 09) Civic.

When I try to downshift to second gear (say approaching a roundabout/corner) the gear lever doesn't want to go into gear. Its kind of half way in- half way out. I take it back out and into neutral and then try and put it back in again, sometimes it will go in and sometimes it won't. It doesn't happen with any other gear. Anyone have any clue as to whats wrong?

brokenback
28-07-2015, 08:15 PM
2014 FB civic. Reversed it from garage...wash it....drove it into the garage. Hrs later, cranks no start! Hrs later same thing again, figured possible flooding (due to quite a few start attempts), tried WOT start no joy. Called Honda, sent them video they said try it in morning, if still no start they would come pickup car. In morning no start. Car picked up taken to Honda...no start, they figured flooded. There were no codes 9so they say)...all of a sudden...it starts! Told it must have been flooded due to short trip and rich settings of computer.

Yeah right....! So, watch for this! There's a bug in the software!

lolmclol
29-07-2015, 02:35 PM
I have a 2009 (Built Dec 09) Civic.

When I try to downshift to second gear (say approaching a roundabout/corner) the gear lever doesn't want to go into gear. Its kind of half way in- half way out. I take it back out and into neutral and then try and put it back in again, sometimes it will go in and sometimes it won't. It doesn't happen with any other gear. Anyone have any clue as to whats wrong?

It can be fixed with harder engine mounts, but the increased vibrations from doing so aren't worth doing considering how often it happens. Additionally, changing the shifter bushings etc hasn't been able to prevent it from happening.

Even try re-greasing the shifter bushings using lithium grease.

brokenback
14-09-2015, 04:45 PM
2014 FB civic......Yeah right....! So, watch for this! There's a bug in the software!

More software bugs...car radio/reverse camera is occasionally stuck with reverse camera image when driving....makes you feel sick driving when this happens. Have to turn off car and re-start. The front seats are dreadful our FD2 civic seats were way better (and it was a better car in all areas) ...Honda has gone to the dogs.

Vvvtec
14-09-2015, 06:36 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar30053_108.gif

RenzokukenJ
14-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Call the exterminator

Benzened
06-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Another problem- the Civic starts jerking violently when I let out the gas in first gear at low speeds. It isnt close to stalling as I am moving too fast- around 12-15kph. It does happen subtly when in 2nd gear too. Am I just backing off the gas too suddenly? Or is this a common issue with all manual cars?

lolmclol
06-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Clutch sounds fukt n8

u mad?
06-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Another problem- the Civic starts jerking violently when I let out the gas in first gear at low speeds. It isnt close to stalling as I am moving too fast- around 12-15kph. It does happen subtly when in 2nd gear too. Am I just backing off the gas too suddenly? Or is this a common issue with all manual cars?

Does it jerk a bit when you initially press the gas? Possible bad tps, or out of calibration, can make driving a bit erratic. Maybe all of your engine mounts fuked and the motor is jerking around getting on and off the gas, does it make a clunk?

Either that or you just a gammin driver, need dat finesse my abo, did you only just get the car?

lolmclol
06-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Either that or you just a gammin driver, need dat finesse my abo, did you only just get the car?

My second thought

Benzened
06-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Does it jerk a bit when you initially press the gas? Possible bad tps, or out of calibration, can make driving a bit erratic. Maybe all of your engine mounts fuked and the motor is jerking around getting on and off the gas, does it make a clunk?

Yes it does jerk when getting on and off the gas, even very lightly. I did feel the engine move around while making a turn so maybe bad mounts?

lolmclol
06-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Are you getting a lot of vibrations in the car?

You could change the transmission mount, but you'd probably know it that had gone bust.

Blaze
09-03-2016, 02:52 PM
This happens to my del sol too so I don't think it's something limited to your model of civic.