PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Hand lip kit install

snYpz
28-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Just wondering if i purchase a second hand lip kit (eg. Euro-r), would it be possible to purchase the clips, bolts or any fitting parts from Honda Australia or sth?
A mate is going overseas so might be able to source a euro-r lip kit for me. If i can install a second hand lip kit without problems, it might save myself some $$.

Cheers
Wes

power_of_dreams
28-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes, but be prepaid to pay out your ass for it. OEM front bar clips cost me $70.

snYpz
28-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, but be prepaid to pay out your ass for it. OEM front bar clips cost me $70.

This may be a noob question, but cant we use bolts from bunnings or sth??

power_of_dreams
28-02-2008, 10:07 PM
if you know what you need, might be worth a try.

hooyn
29-02-2008, 12:22 AM
wholeyy.... how many clips was this? i cracked ALOT of my clips when i put in my grill because they are old and very dry. about 10 are cracked from radiator cover and the ones underneath the car

yeah so how many clips was it full set ? just wondering cause i think i might want to replace my clips to fresh ones soon

tony1234
29-02-2008, 06:45 AM
if you need to remove the front bar be prepared to break a few clips.When i changed my grille i broke 5 clips and my car was only 5 mths.old.

Pumped
29-02-2008, 08:03 AM
if you need to remove the front bar be prepared to break a few clips.When i changed my grille i broke 5 clips and my car was only 5 mths.old.

5 clips! :p

There quite easy to get out if you use flat screw drivers, i broke none changing my grill

they do break very easily though :p

power_of_dreams
29-02-2008, 01:12 PM
wholeyy.... how many clips was this? i cracked ALOT of my clips when i put in my grill because they are old and very dry. about 10 are cracked from radiator cover and the ones underneath the car

yeah so how many clips was it full set ? just wondering cause i think i might want to replace my clips to fresh ones soon

pretty much whole set. Only had a couple good ones holding my front bar onto the car :eek:

EUR003act
03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
This may be a noob question, but cant we use bolts from bunnings or sth??

i got spare clips / bolts / fittings from my old OEM front lip.... i would be happy to sell them to you :D

problem solved!!! :thumbsup: