PDA

View Full Version : caster kit for eg

55EXX
28-02-2008, 09:59 PM
wanting better turn in i am looking into more caster angle for my eg. have been looking into getting the whiteline kit that is cheap and effective and can add 2.5 degress of caster for about 60 bucks. i have used shim rear camber adjustment in my old ek and it worked fine but am unsure of using this kit as it is new to me and not often talked about on OH. anyone had experience with this type of caster adjustment. here is a intruction pdf can anyone pick serious flaws with this system.

intall instuctions (http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/158_KCA301.pdf)

what other alternatives are there to increase caster and at what price?

e240
28-02-2008, 10:18 PM
apparently all you need to do is swap the top A arms left to right and vice versa. PM Bennjamin, I think he's done it.

Benson
28-02-2008, 10:43 PM
i would also like to know whether the whiteline kits work.

dynosaur
28-02-2008, 10:43 PM
where do u get it from ? is it easy to install by DIY with enough tools supply (garage) ?

genkimashi
29-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Wat does caster does ? bside better turn in point ? wats the difference btw caster kit n camber kit ?

55EXX
29-02-2008, 07:03 AM
whitelines online store (https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/default.asp?part=KCA301)

caster changes the angle at which your wheel pivots when steering. by increasing povisitive caster you make the wheel lean into the corner. it also makes steering a little heavier but the wheel more communicative as the wheel now pushes back to straight harder which helps translate front wheel traction better.

to create positive camber either the top has to move rearward or the bottom forward or both. the point of swapping the a arms is to move the top backward creating more positive caster.

i don't wanna be swapping the a arms over unless i have pictured proof or something. there is a reason why things are designed for the left and the right etc.

so back on topic. the whiteline kit?

bennjamin
29-02-2008, 11:37 PM
i would also like to know whether the whiteline kits work.

whiteline kits work very well. Makes handling alot more crisp and less understeer ( IE makes the car feel literally more like a gokart). Highly recommend it.

Problem is , the quality is questionable , usual cheap materials by the company above are not that great.

You can , as mentioned swap the upper LHS and RHS control arms , this gives another 2-2.25 degress of caster in the aligntment , wont feel as noticeable as a actual "kit" but it does help increase turn in and feel.

EG5[KRT]
02-03-2008, 08:55 AM
you have to press out some parts though.. i had problems trying to hit it out but yeah you have to take out the lower control arm press out the bolt and then add the whiteline kit and use their bolt and nut.

55EXX
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
yeah going to get it do it any way. don't think there is any serious harm. no one has said they are crap etc. i'll post up a install thread if you guys want? provide ozhonda with info pages.

T-onedc2
02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
You can , as mentioned swap the upper LHS and RHS control arms , this gives another 2-2.25 degress of caster in the aligntment , wont feel as noticeable as a actual "kit" but it does help increase turn in and feel.
Just be sure to get a wheel alignment immediately, I didn't bother and scrubbed my tyres oops

fatboyz39
02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
whiteline kits work very well. Makes handling alot more crisp and less understeer ( IE makes the car feel literally more like a gokart). Highly recommend it.

Problem is , the quality is questionable , usual cheap materials by the company above are not that great.

Are you running this setup? What if we buy high tensile washers and high tensile longer bolts and replicate this kit? it'll work correct?

iced
02-03-2008, 03:23 PM
castor increase dynamic camber so you dont have to run ridiculous amounts of static camber.
castor also helps the front stay on the road. less lift.

revNhevN
02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Are you running this setup? What if we buy high tensile washers and high tensile longer bolts and replicate this kit? it'll work correct?
there is no such thing as high tensile washers. the washers are under compressive load. Longer bolts should do the trick. Just make sure you have the same same amount of thread engagement as standard.

fatboyz39
02-03-2008, 05:32 PM
there is no such thing as high tensile washers. the washers are under compressive load. Longer bolts should do the trick. Just make sure you have the same same amount of thread engagement as standard.

thats what i wanted to know. Thankyou.

55EXX
03-03-2008, 07:57 AM
so t-onedc2 did it make a noticeable difference?