PDA

View Full Version : Cusco Strut Tower Brace and Air Con Line

Mike Star
28-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi there,
I have been told that the Cusco Front Tower Strut Brace rubs against the Air Con Line when fitted and it has been suggested that if I fit one I should just wrap the line with tape. I'm not too comfortable with that because of friction over time wearing thru the line. I know that there are rubber "sleaves" that can be fitted on lines that rub that would be thicker than tape.
Has anyone fitted this brace and had the problem and if so how did you resolve it? Would it be possible for example to have the air con line bent slightly to get enough clearance?
Thanks heaps.

racerwannabe
28-02-2008, 10:59 PM
i just stuck some double sided foam tape around the aircond pipe..yea there is very little clearance between the brace and the pipe but i have not notice any wear on the foam tape and i have had the brace for a month or so now..i think you should use something that provides better protection..i just used wot i had lying around :o

tony1234
29-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi there,
I have been told that the Cusco Front Tower Strut Brace rubs against the Air Con Line when fitted and it has been suggested that if I fit one I should just wrap the line with tape. I'm not too comfortable with that because of friction over time wearing thru the line. I know that there are rubber "sleaves" that can be fitted on lines that rub that would be thicker than tape.
Has anyone fitted this brace and had the problem and if so how did you resolve it? Would it be possible for example to have the air con line bent slightly to get enough clearance?
Thanks heaps.
Yeah it does.I bent the air con line a bit so it doesn't rub.It's made from alloy so it bends fairly easily.I've had the Cusco bar on now for 12 mths.and all is good,

JasonGilholme
29-02-2008, 07:26 AM
air con lines bend really easy. just bend it out the way like tony said.