PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and headers crx del sol

CRXDEL501
29-02-2008, 10:38 AM
im in bris. looking at getting exhausts and headers for my del sol.
i have rang few places, one is offering mercury exhaust with hurricane headers for 1000 bucks, and another is offering Skunk2 exhaust with KLS headers for 1380.

i want something that is going to get me more kws out of the b16a, but not sure if i want to spend more than 1380.

does anyone know what to look for?

what are the difference between the smaller brand exhausts and headers, compared to the big brands?

whats my best bet for performance?

Limbo
29-02-2008, 10:41 AM
i'd recommend the JDM 4-1 as i had them previously.
If you've got the money TODA headers are really good.

Stay away from 4-1 mugen or copies as they sit too low and you end up crashing into them

redinteg
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
i'd recommend the JDM 4-1 as i had them previously.
If you've got the money TODA headers are really good.

Stay away from 4-1 mugen or copies as they sit too low and you end up crashing into them

Yep second that dont get 4-1's if you plan on lowering your car, my car was just on legal hight before i got mine now they sit about 30mm lower than anything else.
I'm super careful but sometimes you cant help going out a dodgey drive way at the shops or whatever an you smash them on the ground.
Its sickening when you can feel the crunch through the shifter.
Save and get a good set of 4-2-1's like toda's or 5zigen's

nick_sixx
01-03-2008, 11:11 PM
try and find 2nds hand headers, and get a buddyclub spec 2 exhaust, its totally not legal but if you happen to be in qld the cops seriously dont give a shit

nick_sixx
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
^^ i meant 2nd hand toda headers