PDA

View Full Version : EK9 cluster needle jumping?

markoJEK1
29-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Just yesterday, I noticed that my needle on the speedometer was jumping all over the place, and I started playing around with in (in terms of speed) to see when it does it and at what position of the throttle, the needle ascends smoothly upto 60km/h no matter what the throttle position is on, after that, it starts spiking jumping back and forth. On normal throttle 1/4, it fluctuates 20kmhs or so, when WOT after 60, it fluctates alot, jumping upto 150km/h and back and so forth, once I do let off the throttle it calms down slowly with smaller jumps until it descends to the correct speed. Ive checked the wiring behind the cluster, and Im about to look at the speed sensor, someone confirm that this is what I should be looking at ( see picture attatched) , other than that, looking for some advice thanks.

PS: Or would I be looking at the actual internal workings of the cluster that might be making the needle jump, but since its all electrically operated, I should be just a signal that is been stuffed up?

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/393/29022008440om3.jpg

omgzilla
01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
You could try removing the sensor and making sure there's no gunk on it.

Possibly a dodgey sensor.

DNT-CRY
01-03-2008, 07:02 PM
remove the senor thats all check there if not the cables for sure

omgzilla
02-03-2008, 10:32 AM
remove the senor thats all check there if not the cables for sure

That didn't make alot of sense... well, the way I read it anyway. :confused:

I'm pretty sure Marko has sorted it out now.

There was corrosion in his plug connections and gunk on his sensor.