PDA

View Full Version : how to install amplifier wiring on dc2

gach2
01-03-2008, 11:46 PM
hey just wondering how would u get the amp wiring from the battery to the rear of the car.
i did find a grommet and when i took it out i found a hole on the front side, but there wasnt a hole on the dash side.
seemed wierd to me
is there a way of getting the wire to the back without drilling?

xtat1k
02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
battery wire goes from battery to driver side and theres a hole there then under the side step thingo then into the rear interior + under the seat and into the boot.

teaseR
02-03-2008, 03:30 AM
for me,
just next to the battery theres a rubber grommet.
thread power cable through there pass the firewall down the middle under the centre console, just at the end where the e-brakes is go under the carpet, under the rear seats into the boot.

AzKik-R
02-03-2008, 10:47 AM
One problem with threading thru the grommet, when you pull the wire out... i.e uninstall, the grommet never closes back up.
so, if you want to do the no-mess, fully reversable install, then read on.
IMO best/easiest/tidy way to install
Works on every car... well I have 4 cars at present, and it works on all of them, and every car I've installed amps on, works for them too

lol I tried typing it, but sometimes a picture is soo much easier
http://i27.tinypic.com/rwt9y0.jpg
thread thru there.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2j2dw9e.jpg
then thread thru there, lift up the door sils, put under the carpet.
lift up the back seats, thread the line up thru there
then voila you have your power cable to the back of the cabin.
no mess..
fully reversable
very quick, easier then threading the line thru the centre console and between the seats.
if you're remote wire hasn't been layed yet or your sound lines not down, then you may even run them down the side too.

teaseR
02-03-2008, 11:52 AM
^ look soo messy dude
it would fustrate me if i see that everyday

circuit_DC5
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
bogy... lol..

who would do it that way LMAO

Kiz_EG6
02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
^ look soo messy dude
it would fustrate me if i see that everyday

bogy... lol..

who would do it that way LMAO

I'm wit these guys man, you gotta be kidding with that ridiculous wire running across ur door jam.
I have two amps, two 12" subs and an a/m head unit, only cut the gromet to do the entire installation, did not put one screw into anywhere there wasn't already one and looking at and in the car, without going in the boot or looking under the seats, you wouldn't know it is anything more than the stock stereo with a head unit!!

The grommet in the fire wall would cost bout $10 from Honda (unconfirmed, going off similar parts i have bought) so there is really no drama hacking a cross-shape into it and feeding a 0-gage wire through it. THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR!!
I pulled mine out to do this and had no drama putting it back in, then you just feed the wire through until it comes out just under the glove box CLEAN :)!!

AzKik-R
03-03-2008, 09:43 PM
do you get in from the drivers side? or the passenger side?

teaseR
03-03-2008, 11:16 PM
i did mine on the passenger side coz its left to the battery. pretty much next to it. put a hole in the rubber grommet, thread the power cable through and plug it back in. NO LEAKS in the FIREWALL

Kiz_EG6
04-03-2008, 07:04 AM
i did mine on the passenger side coz its left to the battery. pretty much next to it. put a hole in the rubber grommet, thread the power cable through and plug it back in. NO LEAKS in the FIREWALL

spot on, the wire will come out just under the glove box too, making it a sinch to run through the centre console to wherever you need to mount the amp!

onlykillzz
13-03-2008, 10:08 AM
ok why dont you just buy a new grommet when you wont to remove the amp kit (thats if you can be stuffed removing it just sell it with the car) btw rep co has them for $4 just take your old one in they will match it up

teaseR
13-03-2008, 10:14 AM
^ when u buy a car do u look for cut grommets in the firewall when theres no amp kit?
seriously bro its no biggie

onlykillzz
13-03-2008, 02:22 PM
ya but it looks messy and it will let stuff in from the engine bay (sound, smell, water,etc)

Kiz_EG6
15-03-2008, 04:27 PM
ya but it looks messy and it will let stuff in from the engine bay (sound, smell, water,etc)

Ur kidding me!?!

Are you saying this from experience or just pullin it out ur arse for the sake of the argument?

I bet there's a million other holes far worse than this!!
Next you'll be telling me to bog up my vents, so no pollutants can get in from the outside!!
I don't know how much crap is in ur engine bay, but i keep mine very clean and oil free!

onlykillzz
15-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Ur kidding me!?!

Are you saying this from experience or just pullin it out ur arse for the sake of the argument?

I bet there's a million other holes far worse than this!!
Next you'll be telling me to bog up my vents, so no pollutants can get in from the outside!!
I don't know how much crap is in ur engine bay, but i keep mine very clean and oil free!

umm ya i dont no about your car but every car out there is sealed from the firewall its the law its so they a "fire" cant get through to the driver if you have a fire in the engine bay... any way yes i have done a lot of modding to my car and also modded other peoples cars so i do have some experience in the matter and if you think thats its ok to leave a hole in your fire wall because you cbf or don't wont to spend $4 patching then i really feel sorry for your car and the next person that owns it...

Tu88y
15-03-2008, 05:01 PM
come on mate re do the wire run it into your into your car from the firewall and down the side of the doors
and under the carpet to the back

Bludger
18-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I have a 0 guage cable running through my firewall from my battery relocation to the boot.

no holes, no drilling, just use your brain

and to the idiot named asskicker
did you know if that wire for any reason broke the shielding, you would have a disaster for the electrical system on your hands

Kiz_EG6
19-03-2008, 08:22 AM
umm ya i dont no about your car but every car out there is sealed from the firewall its the law its so they a "fire" cant get through to the driver if you have a fire in the engine bay... any way yes i have done a lot of modding to my car and also modded other peoples cars so i do have some experience in the matter and if you think thats its ok to leave a hole in your fire wall because you cbf or don't wont to spend $4 patching then i really feel sorry for your car and the next person that owns it...

hahahahahahahahaha...

Yes a small RUBBER GROMET is going to stop a fire from getting you.
As i have said, i have cut no holes in carpet or any shit like that, and the only thing i have cut is the $4 gromet, so IF i was to sell the car without the stereo, i would gladly spend hte $4 to replace it and return the entire car to factory condition, not really a big spend mate.

Oh yeah and cudos to Bludger, he's right, you could have a major elecrical fault if you jam a wire in your door every time you close it!!
I would rather replace a grommet than my ECU!!

onlykillzz
19-03-2008, 11:58 AM
hahahahahahahahaha...

Yes a small RUBBER GROMET is going to stop a fire from getting you.
As i have said, i have cut no holes in carpet or any shit like that, and the only thing i have cut is the $4 gromet, so IF i was to sell the car without the stereo, i would gladly spend hte $4 to replace it and return the entire car to factory condition, not really a big spend mate.

Oh yeah and cudos to Bludger, he's right, you could have a major elecrical fault if you jam a wire in your door every time you close it!!
I would rather replace a grommet than my ECU!!

dude what was the point of this argument all i said was " you should buy a $4 gromet to replace it and you just said "i would gladly spend the $4 to replace it" wtf why are you arguing ????