PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gear Synchro-playing up again.

davemaca
30-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Once again my 2nd to 3rd gear synchro is crunching after a quick shift from 2nd to third. I had the third gear synchro replaced by honda under 6 months ago under extended warranty but it still cost me $750 as the extended warranty only covers max $1000 (also replaced reverse synchro as the said that was shagged also and somehow related to 2-3 shift.). Could it possibly be the clutch adjustment or is it gone, again ffs. I've had the car for 2 1/2 years now. Any suggestions? The crunch is only happening on a fast shift, otherwise if I slow it down a bit it is o.k and I can change at 8.9 rpm but it is not as fast as it should, or used to shift without a crunch. Any suggestions as it is anoying me, it is the only thing that has ever gone wrong with the car. odo 58000kms.

jenova
30-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Which dealership worked on the car? You can take it back to them since it is still under warranty. I never know that extended warranty only covers up to $1000? It doesn't mention anywhere in the booklet nor did the dealer told me when I was going to purchase my warranty.

davey
31-08-2004, 09:26 PM
i think you better go back and ask whether they even changed it, bcos after 6months i dont think it should go again, unless you driv e the car hard all the time