PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsubo VS Buddy Club

TegRAH
02-03-2008, 06:08 PM
gday guys
for a dc2

The Fujitsubo Power Getter catback VS Buddy Club spec 4 catback.

just wondering what your opinions are on either of the two cat back exhausts, from experience and what type of noticable difference was present etc.
im keen on the BC spec 4 but just want to see the pro's for both the two.

all your information is appreciated.

cheers Ryan.

BusterSonic12
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
B.Club one isn't stainless steel. am i right?

ricki_kalsi
03-03-2008, 12:38 PM
BC is stainless steel.

I had a Spec III, in my DC2R. It broke (midresignator died), so thinking it was the axel back, I changed to Spoon axelback - Buddyclub did not offer warrenty as I had changed the axel back, even though the problem was BEFORE the axel back, and couldn't have interfered with it, and it happened before I put the Spoon on anyways. Hence would never buy or support BuddyClub ever again. It kept falling off the hinges (poor fit), sounded like crap. Worst $850.00 I have ever spent!

Poor product, would never buy again!

I would rather go for fujitsubo, or Spoon or Mugen - heck even Xforce rather than BC. I have a Spoon catback on my DC2R now. I wouldn't get anything else, unless it was a J's racing Ti catback! :)

Mikes_DC5R
03-03-2008, 04:12 PM
i can get buddyclub for 500, its a spec 3 version. i heard there really loud...

is that a good price?? planning to get toda headers too

xtercii
03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
BC is stainless steel.

I had a Spec III, in my DC2R. It broke (midresignator died), so thinking it was the axel back, I changed to Spoon axelback - Buddyclub did not offer warrenty as I had changed the axel back, even though the problem was BEFORE the axel back, and couldn't have interfered with it, and it happened before I put the Spoon on anyways. Hence would never buy or support BuddyClub ever again. It kept falling off the hinges (poor fit), sounded like crap. Worst $850.00 I have ever spent!

I would rather go for fujitsubo, or Spoon or Mugen - heck even Xforce rather than BC. I have a Spoon catback on my DC2R now. I wouldn't get anything else, unless it was a J's racing Ti catback! :)

that's a very emotional post there haha...

ricki_kalsi
03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
it was an extremely emotional experience...

tRipitaka
03-03-2008, 10:29 PM
i can get buddyclub for 500, its a spec 3 version. i heard there really loud...

is that a good price?? planning to get toda headers too

very loud.
very impressive exhaust.

Kazaf
03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
BC is stainless steel.

Has not gone wrong for me.
Depends what you use it for really.
As far as I know you have yourself a pretty hectic track car?

nipnip
03-03-2008, 10:57 PM
from talking to a few tuners, all have pretty much said the same thing

fujitsubo > over anything in its price range

ricki_kalsi
04-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Kazaf: No it's not a full hecticity race car. A few bolt on's here and there, end of the day it's a 1.8L daily driver - that is capable of seeing the track occasaionally. These exhausts are designed to handle race enviroments - and companies claim they are used / tested on their race cars aswell. So in my books, there should be no excuses if they fail on the street. If a product can't handle the street... what use is it going to be on the race track where you need everything to work effectively and efficiently. Would you classify blowing a mid resignator after 500 odd km's and having leaking welds - a good "racing" exhaust? I certainly wouldn't.

Buddyclub is marketed just like Spoon and Mugen. They race... simple as that. My Spoon cat back has done me perfectly fine for the street and the track.

/rant

Back on Topic - Fujitsubo is a greattttt street exhaust. I can only compare it to the HKS silent, which is one of the greatest exhausts of all time! :)

philBo
04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
very loud.
very impressive exhaust.

very FTW :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TeMp
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Maybe BC was good back then wen it was still made in japan. But not anymore.

FGK over BC ne day now.

joek
04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
got a Fujitsubo Power Getter. couldnt complain at all, got power gain but not as loud as buddy club.

ricki_kalsi
05-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Not bad gains though...

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?p=185224#post185224

gheybo
05-03-2008, 06:51 PM
does anyone know whats the db of the power getter compare to buddyclub? let say spec 3

xntrik
07-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Fujitsubo Powergetter.
Quiet. Loud exhausts are for faggots.

Kazaf
07-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Fujitsubo Powergetter.

So this is the new trend?
Whatever YOU don't like, you JUDGE them as FAGGOTS?
WOW

ricki_kalsi
07-03-2008, 08:51 AM
hmmm... if you have a loud exhaust you are hardcore!

xntrik
07-03-2008, 09:09 AM
So this is the new trend?
Whatever YOU don't like, you JUDGE them as FAGGOTS?
WOW

Chill dude
Im allowed to have my own opinion arent I? :eek:

kn1ghtm4r3
07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/racing_spec_muffler/racing_spec_muffler_spec4_img/spec4dB.jpg

i think fuji is about 87db

xntrik
07-03-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/racing_spec_muffler/racing_spec_muffler_spec4_img/spec4dB.jpg

i think fuji is about 87db

nowai.
buddyclub one seems really loud on high end compared to fujitsubo in person.

ricki_kalsi
07-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Under VTEC they are both quiet

In VTAK mode... the BC is LOUD!

kn1ghtm4r3
07-03-2008, 10:15 AM
spec 2 is the loud one its a straight through z0rsst =9 phantom_civic had one lmao. i have heard in in vtack mode its insane lmao

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/racing_spec_muffler/racing_spec_muffler_spec2_img/spec2dB.jpg

xntrik
07-03-2008, 10:23 AM
thats what i'd thought.

z3lda
07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Fujitsubo Powergetter.

:thumbsup:

loud exhaust = typcial riced up honda with a milo can for a muffler = faggot

definately get the power ghettor !

kn1ghtm4r3
07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
^ buy one for ur hardparker spec 2 that is. u wont need to worry ahahah

xntrik
07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
^ buy one for ur hardparker spec 2 that is. u wont need to worry ahahah

my hardparker is gonna get spooned.

Mikes_DC5R
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
i was about to buy a BC spec 3... i like loud.. But i have a bangin sound system. I actually like listening to my music rather than a big grrrrr of a exhaust... powergetter hrms...

powergetter or mugen??? would a mugen give me more gain???

Also anyone with a powergetter??? i like to check it out before i get one...

cheers

xntrik
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
seriously loud exhaust on a daily driver.
get fu*ked.

ricki_kalsi
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
:thumbsup:

loud exhaust = typcial riced up honda with a milo can for a muffler = faggot

definately get the power ghettor !

Really??

So are you telling me Straight pipe like the BC spec II on race cars is Rice... Yesssss... good argument!!!

ricki_kalsi
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM
i was about to buy a BC spec 3... i like loud.. But i have a bangin sound system. I actually like listening to my music rather than a big grrrrr of a exhaust... powergetter hrms...

powergetter or mugen??? would a mugen give me more gain???

Also anyone with a powergetter??? i like to check it out before i get one...

cheers

Get a freaking J's Racing Ti Cat back! They are awsome.. heard them and they not too loud either.

z3lda
07-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Really??

So are you telling me Straight pipe like the BC spec II on race cars is Rice... Yesssss... good argument!!!

do u drive race cars on the road?

ricki_kalsi
07-03-2008, 02:33 PM
What do you classify a race car? I would classify a N1 race car a street worthy car.

Do you classify Trent's (Dc2rrrrr) old Dc2R a race car or street car?

fatboyz39
07-03-2008, 02:56 PM
What do you classify a race car? I would classify a N1 race car a street worthy car.

Do you classify Trent's (Dc2rrrrr) old Dc2R a race car or street car?

Perfectly street car.

ricki_kalsi
07-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Anyways... I still don't under stand why loud exhausts are for faggots.??

TegRAH
07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Get a freaking J's Racing Ti Cat back! They are awsome.. heard them and they not too loud either.

so you prefer the J's Racing Ti Cat back over fujitsubo?
other than it being quiet...similar to fujitsubo is more gains or more exception in quality?

cheers.

gheybo
07-03-2008, 08:34 PM
how soft really is the fujitsubo power getter?

EG5
07-03-2008, 08:54 PM
my daily driven 12.2 sec EGK is pretty loud
another hardparker here LOL

zco
07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
i rather listen to my engine/exhaust than an audio system.. hence why my car has no audio system

lightweight, less hassles with thieves, and dont have to drive ppl around..

win win and win

loud cars are the best

ricki_kalsi
08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
so you prefer the J's Racing Ti Cat back over fujitsubo?
other than it being quiet...similar to fujitsubo is more gains or more exception in quality?

cheers.

Bit of both, and it weighs like half the weight of a Steel bat back - being Titanium and all. Also they sound nice and racey and raspy. If I was to do my exhaust again... I would definately go for a J's racing or Amuse Ti catback.