PDA

View Full Version : Running in / Breaking in - New Tein Flex Coilovers, New rotors, calipers & Pads etc

Sexc86
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey guys

Just dropped my car off the stands after 4 months. Basically installed.

* Brand new Tein Coilovers
* Brand new SKunk2 F + R camber kits
* Brand new DBA Slotted Rotors
* Brand new Endless CCR Pads
* Brand new Spoon 4 piston calipers

i went for a small ish drive down my street (being very carefull) wasnt pulling me up as hard as what i though.

What would be a good process to break all this stuff in and for how long? any bad signs to look for?

Also as these pads are higher temp rated pads, this basically means that need to be at a higher temperature to be operateing at 100% what is a good way to get these up and operating good on the streets? any tricks?

Thats about it... any Insight or advice would be awsome! or things to be carefull of or lookout for

Regards Lyle

zco
07-03-2008, 09:34 PM
new pads and new rotors dont work as well as they would when they've been warn in.

i dont know the wearing in process, but its normal. pretty harsh pad to be using on the street dont you think ? lost of dust, noise and you could be changing rotors sooner than you think..

unless im thinking of a diff one ? :/

fatboyz39
07-03-2008, 09:45 PM
For brake pads wear in, on and off the brake pedal hard. Go to 60km/h and brake hard. Do it for 5-6times. Dont brake so hard to the point of lock-up.

JasonGilholme
07-03-2008, 10:09 PM
also, i'm not 100% sure but the ccr pads don't work soo well when cold.

I had ccx and they worked from 50 degress upwards. Still took a few stops to get them to temp though.

As for breaking in:

Brakes: a few hard stops from about 60 - 80. after about a dozen stops you should be good to go.

Coilovers: Set them on soft (if they're damper adjustable) and throw them into some good corners. Really compress them in some long sweeping bends. and then you should be able to up the damper if you feel like it.

aznpsuazn
07-03-2008, 10:27 PM
You've probably broken them in by now hey?

Why did you just such high temp pads ?

hui
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
what coilover are you using?

Sexc86
09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Running Tein flex... and yeh heaps of brake dust... especially one white rims from the ccr pads. once they have heated up they are unreal!

SeverAMV
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
you should have broken in/bled the coilovers before you used them. pretty much when they were out, you should compress the damper shaft all the way and let it decompress, and rinse lather repeat for about 10 goes or until the damper shaft moves freely. coilovers and shocks are meant to be stored vertically, otherwise air gets into them, no doubt you wouldve gotten them in a horizontal box. then you should stick them in your car, put em thru a few light corners for an hour at most, then push it.

xtercii
10-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I have similar brake setup and I thought pulling power was insane from any speed and took me a while to get used to because the wheels can lock so easily...