PDA

View Full Version : spoon vs Tein springs

joey99
03-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Has anyone tried or sat in EGs that have spoon or tein springs fitted?

I'm trying to decide which ones to get. I do need something that handles abit better then the stockies but I really don't want a harsh ride. I have had spoon coilovers on my previous civic and were fantastic ... but I really can't spend $2k on a $5k car ..the wife would kill me.

They both say that they have been made for stock shocks and do sound good. I can get them about the same price fitted ... the Teins are cost slightly less I think.

Has anyone had experience with these ? it'd be great if you can share with us.
thanks

bentec
11-03-2008, 10:39 PM
teins are def cheaper than spoon springs.

i have spoons on mine and they are perfect for the street.

teins are too stiff whereas spoons are progressive, so over small bumps you cant feel a huge thump like the teins, but very tight at high speeds.

up to you i guess.

dsp26
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Has anyone tried or sat in EGs that have spoon or tein springs fitted?

I'm trying to decide which ones to get. I do need something that handles abit better then the stockies but I really don't want a harsh ride. I have had spoon coilovers on my previous civic and were fantastic ... but I really can't spend $2k on a $5k car ..the wife would kill me.

They both say that they have been made for stock shocks and do sound good. I can get them about the same price fitted ... the Teins are cost slightly less I think.

Has anyone had experience with these ? it'd be great if you can share with us.
thanks

heres a good place to start and do comparisons:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72581&highlight=spring+rates

T-onedc2
12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I've just fitted Spoon progressives to my ITR shocks after having ITR springs for the last year or so, and I rate them very highly. Very good for the street.

joey99
12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
thanks guys ... spoon it is :)
I"ve just ordered a a set