PDA

View Full Version : Car audio installation

johnprocter
03-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone, getting my headunit, sub and amp finally installed this friday, was wondering i wanted to keep my 6x9's at the back still even though iam putting a sub.. what should i tell the boys at ryda who are installing my stuff to do so that the 6x9's and sub dont sound funny when they try play same frequencies or something? do i ask them to set the 6x9's to play higher frequencies or lower?

EGB18CT
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
6x9 only to play high freq so say above 125hz i reckon would be safeish, if its down in the 30-80hz range it will cancel out the sub frequencies and the sub will not be as loud as it should. normally 6x9s are if u are to run no sub ie combining like 3 speakers in one sub, mids, tweeteers.

FAT VTI
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
if ur getting it installed, if you tell them they should realise mate.
They might just leave stock wiring for the 6x9s and run the sub off ur amp.
It'll sound alright if not make em fix it.

johnprocter
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
ok thanks guys

ICACHA
03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey everyone, getting my headunit, sub and amp finally installed this friday, was wondering i wanted to keep my 6x9's at the back still even though iam putting a sub.. what should i tell the boys at ryda who are installing my stuff to do so that the 6x9's and sub dont sound funny when they try play same frequencies or something? do i ask them to set the 6x9's to play higher frequencies or lower?

in all honesty, if you have to tell them what to do, i'd be thinking twice about taking it there. i mean they are suppose to be trained professionals aren't they?. :o

ICACHA
03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
6x9 only to play high freq so say above 125hz i reckon would be safeish,

shit-by-nines can play much lower than that...

if its down in the 30-80hz range it will cancel out the sub frequencies and the sub will not be as loud as it should. normally 6x9s are if u are to run no sub ie combining like 3 speakers in one sub, mids, tweeteers.

who told you that BS?

solitz
03-03-2008, 09:14 PM
up to u man but just make sure u High Pass the 6x9s if you are going to keep them. i perosnally wouldnt run 6x9 but just change them with a decent 6.5" speaker.

CHY-NES
04-03-2008, 12:43 AM
in all honesty, if you have to tell them what to do, i'd be thinking twice about taking it there. i mean they are suppose to be trained professionals aren't they?. :o

yea same here dude

johnprocter
04-03-2008, 06:42 AM
ah iam pretty sure they would know what to do lol i'm just being on the safe side.. has anyone else got there stuff installed with ryda www.ryda.com.au ?

Audio Express
10-03-2008, 08:42 PM

+1. though some stores do hire off the street at times. (eg SCR.)