PDA

View Full Version : help fog lights install

anhie
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
does anyone know how to install fog lights. i cant get the foggie to work. any help is very much appreciated. ive so far i got the fog button light to work and install the fog light into the bumper just the wiring that im very confused.

anh

Boban
04-03-2008, 05:37 AM
where exactly are you stuck at mate. I'm guessing since the switch works *it lights up when you press it on* you found the power source somewhere???
Did you connect the wire from the switch to the relay and from the relay to the foglights loom, should be only a single wire going from the relay (little black box) to the fog loom and i think it's a 4 or 6 pin plug (4/6 wires) from the relay to the switch. Also make sure you ground the foglights properly

sorry if i'm not making much sense been a while since i did an install and i can't see what you have done

kn1ghtm4r3
04-03-2008, 06:34 PM
did u get a manual or anything? it was pretty straight forward wen i was doing it. pretty much plug and play.

*edit* couldnt find manual.

well just use this guide =) looks exactly like what i did.

Foglight install (http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=66852)

enjoy

anhie
05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
hmm... damn. im really confused now. im not sure im doing it right altogether. maybe the switch harness is done right coz the button for the foggie works. the fog harness is where it get abit tricky. i have the depo fog lights exactly the same as the link shown on the previous post.
can someone direct me where which cable goes.

STARTSat7
05-03-2008, 08:35 PM
easy way out champ..

earth your foggies to radiator support.. and simply run power to the switch (eg from your ignition), and from the switch run it straight to the foggies.

anhie
05-03-2008, 09:04 PM
here a picture of the fog light harness can some tell me where do i connect the red cable?

Boban
07-03-2008, 01:47 PM
that should go to your switch.

When you connect your foglight harness up, there are 2 pluch that go onto the floglight (yes?) and black wire (ground, anywhere on the chasis-rad support for example) and the red wire that you're stuck with, Correct so far???

On the other harness, you grounded it somwhere under the steering wheel??? connected the positive somewhere (guessing here since you have pwr to the switch) and plugged it all into the relay???? From the relay you should have a single wire that connects to the red wire on the foglights harness.