PDA

View Full Version : replacement air filter for EG vti?? panel or pod?

Per10d
30-08-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm looking to get a replacement air filter just not too sure if i should go the pod filter and ditch my air box or should i just get a good panel filter and keep the air box?

what are some good brands, rough prices and places to get them?

thanks in advance

VTI-00H
30-08-2004, 12:54 PM
unless u got a CAI setup then gettin a pod filter is pretty much pointless as all it will be doin is suckin up the hot air from the engine bay... ur better off sticking with the current stock setup, u wont gain power, but then again u wont be loosing any.

any car shop will sell them... if ur located in syd let me know and i can help u out.

bennjamin
30-08-2004, 01:00 PM
go for a replacement panel air filter to suit your car - whether it be a vti , Si , gli or breeze etc. For a number of reasons including -
*replacement aftermarket air fitlers are mostly serviceable/reuseable (saving $$$ over time)
*with increased air flow, will free up a few more hp with the right mods compared to a stock airfilter
*gives a slight beefier induction noise ( even more so with a good CAI installed)
*perhaps the greatest reason for a panel replacment over a POD is - the legality issue. A exposed POD is illegal and perhaps detrimental to performance...by just replacing your stock filter with a more free flowing item , you are taking advantage of a honda-designed induction system. And....to top off - from the outside , it looks totally OEM :)

Air filters - most common ofocurse seems to be a K+N filter replacment - with a nice TRUST airnix 2 coming in second. Both are reuseable - and of similar quality. Price is about $120 for the k+n , the trust is about $80. K+N is a cotton type , trust is a foam filter.

pick one !

Per10d
30-08-2004, 01:11 PM
yyeh i was actually thinking bout getting the trust item as i friend of mine reccomended it.
where in the south west of sydney that you can get these from?

and just one more thing, how often should air filters be changed?

bennjamin
30-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Try ADVAN - in Silverwater , off silverwater road + parramatta road junction ....i dont have the number...but as a guide - the TRUST filter should be $76.00 :)

IF you get such a reuseable filter - it prob should be "cleaned" every 10,000 - 15,000 kms....as it captures quite abit of dust n soot within this time :)

good luck, Ben

Per10d
30-08-2004, 02:02 PM
thanks heaps 4 the advive ben...

joneblaze
31-08-2004, 08:40 PM
You can PM TODA AU on these forums (Adrian). He works at Advan.