PDA

View Full Version : Non-ABS Prop Valve

shebangs
04-03-2008, 01:40 PM
What prop valve (part number or doner car) do I need to support DC2 brake upgrade for Non-ABS EG4?

I know it's 4040 - but the one from the doner DC2 I used is ABS and the EG doesn't have it so I couldn't use it.

Out of curiosity, what does the prop valve affect? At the moment I'm running DC2 Rear Brakes/ebrake, stock Civic front calipers and 1" MC/ITR Booster. Will the brake Bias at the moment be rear bound? If so, I'm not feeling it.

Matt

JasonGilholme
04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
the prop valve proportions the braking power from the front and back of the car.

You won't find a prop valve on an ABS car as its built into the actuator/pump thing.

if you've already got a prop valve thats meant for 4 discs on your car and it works, just leave it as it is. The weight distribution between the civic and the tegra will be too much.

shebangs
07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
if you've already got a prop valve thats meant for 4 discs on your car and it works, just leave it as it is. The weight distribution between the civic and the tegra will be too much.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats the thing. My EG was rear drums so I don't have one.

I want to know which prop valve I need to buy (part number of donar car) to finish the conversion. EG doesn't have ABS.