PDA

View Full Version : TSX Seat Memory

Mike Star
04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Has anyone looked into fitting the seat memory functionality from an Accura TSX to their Euro Lux?
If so could you advise what would be entailed re parts etc including seat garnish etc.

What about any other neat TSX functionality/equipment that we miss out on?

Cheers

assailant
05-03-2008, 12:52 AM
the seat memory functionality from an Accura TSX

definitely something i would like to have..

EUR003act
05-03-2008, 07:08 AM
is it like mercedes seat memory? where when u turn off the engine the seat returns to a starting position (to assist you getting out of the car), and then when putting the keys back into the ignition it goes back to your driving position? if so, i wouldnt want that, ive been in mercs with it, and after the third or forth time its annoying, not to mention the wear and tear on the seat motors over time....

however, if its the type that only adjusts when you use the second key... then that is sexy/cool and i want it too :p

Mike Star
05-03-2008, 07:26 AM
is it like mercedes seat memory? where when u turn off the engine the seat returns to a starting position (to assist you getting out of the car), and then when putting the keys back into the ignition it goes back to your driving position? if so, i wouldnt want that, ive been in mercs with it, and after the third or forth time its annoying, not to mention the wear and tear on the seat motors over time....

however, if its the type that only adjusts when you use the second key... then that is sexy/cool and i want it too :p

Im not 100% certain but I think it is the typethat works to return to the position programmed to Key 1 and Key 2 not to assist you to exit the car.
We should try to find out for sure and what's involved.

Exar Kun
05-03-2008, 07:47 AM
I agree that'd be something cool to have. My fiancee and I are constantly swapping over and it gets annoying having to fine tune where the seat is each time.

Mike Star
05-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I agree that'd be something cool to have. My fiancee and I are constantly swapping over and it gets annoying having to fine tune where the seat is each time.

Lets do some research about what exactly is involved and in fact if it can be done. We can post what we find out here and see where we go.

SPQR
05-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Power seats are next to useless without the memory function. My wife is a small person and so drives with the seat all the way forward. I'm six-foot cube so I have to stand outside the car (in a tropical deluge) while the seat makes it's slow way all the way back.

The new Accord V6 Luxury has a two memory function with two keys. You could approach and unlock the car with your key so that by the time you open the door, the seat could be in the right place.

Mike Star
06-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Power seats are next to useless without the memory function. My wife is a small person and so drives with the seat all the way forward. I'm six-foot cube so I have to stand outside the car (in a tropical deluge) while the seat makes it's slow way all the way back.

The new Accord V6 Luxury has a two memory function with two keys. You could approach and unlock the car with your key so that by the time you open the door, the seat could be in the right place.

Love that!

aaronng
06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Find out if it is all built into the seat and you just have a 1 and 2 button to switch between memories. Or if it is also somehow tied to the ECU. The setting linked to the key is the icing on top.

SPQR
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Find out if it is all built into the seat and you just have a 1 and 2 button to switch between memories. Or if it is also somehow tied to the ECU. The setting linked to the key is the icing on top.

aaronng, the new Accord V6 Luxury comes with two remote keys, Key 1 and Key 2 as well as two memory buttons on the driver's door. The Legend has this capability as well.

Looks like a double layer of icing is in order!

aaronng
06-03-2008, 11:28 AM
aaronng, the new Accord V6 Luxury comes with two remote keys, Key 1 and Key 2 as well as two memory buttons on the driver's door. The Legend has this capability as well.

Looks like a double layer of icing is in order!

Yes, but if it is linked to the key, that means the immobiliser and ECU also play a part in the seat memory. What happens when you get a memory seat from the Accord and the Euro's ECU doesn't have the pinout to drive the key-linked memory?

Mike Star
06-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I found these two posts about retrofitting seat memory on Accurazine in the US

1. I've looked into this a few months ago. From my brief research, you'll need at least the memory seat module that goes underneath the seat (next to all the power seat motors), and the memory seat buttons on the driver's door panel.

The buttons are not a problem (and you said you dont' need them anyway), but the memory seat module will be difficult to source. The cheapest way is probably to get the entire seat from a junk yard (~$300-600, sometimes you can get a pair for $600). The module itself I think was about as much. I would image there are some other things to connect (to the multi-whatever-control-module that controls the door locks, for example).

It's certainly a good project to attempt, but certainly not worth the price if you'd ask me

2. Looking at the schematics for both the the 05 and 06 the seat mechanics are totally different. They changed the whole frame system. To buy the lower section new its about 600 and then the control box would be another 200, so it would cost a fair amount. I wish I had it too in my 04 being me and my wife drive now drive the car being its our only car for the time being. But for $800 I can sit there and adjust it all myself, besides that give me something to do while the car warms up a little.

Looks to me like its probably out :thumbdwn: