PDA

View Full Version : Tein Monoflex Coilies for Euro anyone?

Crapdaz
05-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi,

Please don't flame me but i havent found the answer to this,

but has anyone run these coilovers on the euro and in your opinion whats the pros and cons? <-- these have superseded the flex type, with very slight softer spring rate and besides the monotube technology, any other things make these stand out?

Whats the Part No. ? For my own reference.

Regards, Daz :wave:

r-r-redEuro
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
" The Monoflex are superior to the flex for 2 reasons. First, it has a monotube damper, which is stronger and can handle more pounding over the double tube of the Flex. Secondly, the Monoflex has microvalving which makes it have superior damping at low speeds. When you go over a small sharp speedbump (like the metal ones at bunnings), the Flex just crashes down. The Monoflex should have better low speed damping because of the microvalving.

For street, I find the Flex too stiff. For track, I find the Flex too soft. So if you were going for street, you can go for Flex, Monoflex or if you want something that rides comfortably but has the features of Monoflex, the CS (Comfort Sports, which is a cross between SS and Monoflex). If you want it very stiff for track, go for Buddyclub N+ or Racing spec. "

Everything that is in italics is from aarong giving me his review of the monoflex through PM, it might help you with what you want/need to know

Peter

P.S if you want to give a rep point, give it to aarong its his information on it not mine =)

aaronng
06-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Nah, don't need to give me rep points. BTW, here are the part numbers for Monoflex (CL7).

Part number: GSA42-F1SS1
Price (yen): 194,250
Spring rate: 9.0kg/mm front, 6.0kg/mm rear
Height reduction (factory spec): -45mm front, -30mm rear
Recommended height adjustment range: -55mm to -35mm front, -40mm to -20mm rear
Maximum adjustment range: -84mm to +20mm front, -94mm to +37mm rear

SirEk1
06-03-2008, 07:18 PM
are there any problems with fitting on the cl7 monoflex onto a cl9 chassy?

eccentric
07-03-2008, 11:00 AM
If you're interested I've got some Comfort Sports for sale.. check the for sale section, comfortable as! :)