PDA

View Full Version : Short shifter dc2r? any good

dslt
05-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey guys, Im wanting to get a short shifter for my dc2r, just wondering if ita good or a bad thing to get? Any opinions i would appreciate

Thanks guys

aznpsuazn
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
The dc2r is already pretty short.

I've personally heard "stories" of people who have fitted short shifters and they've managed to damage their gearbox, or not be able to engage some gears at certain times, or it may prematurely wear out your synchros.

Weather or not its a direct result of the short shifter is debatable. But to add something in that isn't necessary, well why would you.

IEVAQ8
05-03-2008, 10:33 PM
i got dc2r and put a buddy club short shifter...........
one of the best mods..............value 4 money.................

ricki_kalsi
05-03-2008, 11:13 PM
No real need for a DC2 Type R. The shift feel is awsome stock, and already short. IMO save your money.

If you into drag racing.. then yeah a short shifter will come in handy, but for track and stuff... I reakon it's a just another way to break to your box. Just my 2 cents.

xtercii
06-03-2008, 10:13 AM
short shift is all good until when u miss shift, it will do more damage to your box...

Jomsy
06-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I had a C's short shifter in mine, not really that much difference, took it out after about a week

nick_sixx
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
there is no way it can damage your gearbox, unless you are retarded and like take the clutch out mid shift. if you install it yourself which is real easy you'll see why it wont cause 'premature wearing of the gearbox' or any of those bullshit stories

Bludger
06-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I haven't driven one

but i have felt one

definitely worth it

Bludger
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
ohh and lazy drivers break boxes, not short shifters

dslt
06-03-2008, 03:10 PM
yeah pretty much thats what i was thinking, the gear stick is just bended to make the shifts shorter. Dont understand how it would affect the gearbox at all..

ricki_kalsi
06-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't say lazy drivers... but people that try to be too "effcient" on the race track.

Tegzieboi_BAR
10-03-2008, 11:05 PM
i dont have a type-r or nothin but i always loved the feel of short shifters. Put 1 on my gsi, love the way it feels but unfortunately, coz its a bit shorter its become a bit stiffer when changing gears and i sometimes struggle 2 get it into 2nd if i rush it a bit, never had that problem b4 i got the short shifter.

Best thing about it, its a matter of flicking ur fingers now 2 change even from 3rd to 4th etc.

Definitely dont regret gettin it, just gotta b a bit more careful wen shifting quickly coz i think my sincros r startin 2 go from the occasional mis-shift.

Drew
11-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I loved having a short shifter when I used to drive a manual :p

I've used them on my BA4/6 Preludes and my EF8 SiR CRX

Short shifter was like sex, only better