PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Headunit - speaker upgrade

suspicious1
06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi All,

I currently got an LOC (Line Converter) and connected my 4 Channel AMP to my sub.

The bass sounds awesome, wouldn't change a thing with the tuning there :p

However, now I feel the stock speakers are too weak, and I cannot really hear much treble/loudness...

I was wondering if I got a good pair of aftermarket (6.5inch) front component speakers with splits, would this produce a significant increase in loudness and clarity with the treble? :confused:
I would most likely hook these up to my stock headunit, or even run it through to my amp (which has a spare 2 channels currently).

......Or do I have to change my whole headunit; which I don't want to do, as I want the car to look stock from the inside.

Thanks in advance, :honda:

Bludger
06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
IMO

adding an aftermarket 6.5" splits running off your amp would be 100 times better than what you have now

it will be crisp clean sound

oconnor
07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
+2 for that one. Amp them, buy something decent. I find that Alpine Type R's are brilliant when amped. If you want some incredible sound with uncompromised power - Blaupunkt VPC172's (125wrms).

Mikes_DC5R
07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
do it once, do it properly... is my moto. haha

my setup is clear and crisp,

2 amps running

amp 1 - eclipse 4x85 watts rms
- fronts Focal V2 splits 75 WATTS RMS
- rears Focal V2 coxials 75 WATTS RMS

amp 2 - Rockford Fosgate 2ohm Monoblock 1x450wattsRMS
- running with Alpine 1222D Type R SUB 400watts RMS

i think i wired it with a 4 gauge wiring kit... 8 gauge is shit... i wanted 0 gauge but the wires were too think..

but yeah.. When you put a amp and sub.. it will just give you bass. and no clarity.. For the moment detune your sub either from the amp or head unit. to balance your stocks for the time beings if you can;t get a full setup

cheers

suspicious1
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys,

So hooking up the new speakers to my amp is the way 2 go...

I was looking at the Orion competition brand speakers, heard they were good.

But will also check out the Type R Alpines ! :D

oconnor
07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I love Alpine :) I heard some F1 gear many moons ago and I've been hooked ever since