PDA

View Full Version : Interior Garnish for Dash, Console etc

Mike Star
08-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I had a MY04 Euro Lux that had the satin silver fitted to dash, console, power window panels on the doors etc. I think it really lifted the interior and gave it a similar lok to the US Acura TSX. I think they also did a walnut and blue/grey wood trim kit for the 04 series.

I now have a MY06 Euro Lux and would like to add the satin silver or kevlar look interior garnish that fits across the glove box and down the edges of the center console to this car. Does anyone know of any aftermarket trims such as this that are available or is OEM the only way to go? I believe that the OEM trim kit is something like $600
Thanks heaps

neborama
08-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Just FYI I got quoted $302.25 for Metallic (probably the satin silver you're after) Interior Panel set and $ 207.95 for the door switch/power windows. These prices were also incl. installation and quoted from Larke Hoskins Honda, Rosebery.

Woodgrain option is the same price.
Hope this helps.

Mike Star
09-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Just FYI I got quoted $302.25 for Metallic (probably the satin silver you're after) Interior Panel set and $ 207.95 for the door switch/power windows. These prices were also incl. installation and quoted from Larke Hoskins Honda, Rosebery.

Woodgrain option is the same price.
Hope this helps.

Thanks heaps mate. That's a better price given that I am hoping I wouldn't need to do the door switch/power windows again.

My 06 Lux has those power window door armrest panels and the cup holder lid etc in a simulated "kevlar" finish. What does your 08 Tourer have?

I'm wondering what the best match for the rest of the trim would be?

Thanks heaps.

neborama
09-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Well my tourer's got the flat dark grey colour. It's not as metallic as the optional panels.

It really depends though, seeing you have a EuroR grille and a graphite colour with black interior I'd say go for the Metallic/Satin silver. Imo gives it a more sporty look (somewhat like a Beemer).

corn_flakes
09-03-2008, 05:28 PM
i've got the woodgrain one for the power window panels if anyone wants to buy it for cheap..lol

r-r-redEuro
09-03-2008, 10:36 PM
carbon fibre look ftw. =)

Mike Star
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
carbon fibre look ftw. =)

Do you have any pics at all of the carbon fibre look trim? Do you know where I can get it from?

Thanks heaps :wave:

r-r-redEuro
10-03-2008, 09:40 PM
what trim do you ahve on atm ? the trim im talking about is the OEM standard one any black interior. it looks kinda like kelvar. IMO that trim looks the best has it gives a racey look to it.

Mike Star
10-03-2008, 11:18 PM
what trim do you ahve on atm ? the trim im talking about is the OEM standard one any black interior. it looks kinda like kelvar. IMO that trim looks the best has it gives a racey look to it.

Yep that's the one I have now. I agree that it is the best trim by far.

What I would like to add is the matching trim that goes down the sides of the console and across the dash and glovebox. Like the satin silver trim I had fitted to my MY04. See the link below

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x45/mikestar07/DSCF0074.jpg

Do you have any ideas on how to get this at a reasonable price?
Thanks

Merlin086
11-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Got mine new on ebay for about 1/2 price.
The door trim definately adds the finishing touch to the rest.

They very rarely come up though!....patience.....

Mike Star
11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Got mine new on ebay for about 1/2 price.
The door trim definately adds the finishing touch to the rest.

They very rarely come up though!....patience.....

Where do I look on e-Bay for this. The site is so large its sometimes hard to know what section to look under and what to say you are looking for.

How would you describe the trim on an e-Bay query?

Thanks heaps

Merlin086
11-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Honda Euro search on ebay...

It was described as..... interior trim........

At the time they also had a set of the woodgrain...hmmm...:(

According2
12-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Just picked up my new Euro tourer a few weeks ago. Dealer did the silver dash trim for $200 fitted as part of the deal sweetener.

Mike Star
12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Just picked up my new Euro tourer a few weeks ago. Dealer did the silver dash trim for $200 fitted as part of the deal sweetener.

Well done mate.Great deal!
I get on pretty well with my dealer service manager so I might just ask. Can't hurt especially as the model is coming to an end.
Cheers

According2
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Well done mate.Great deal!
I get on pretty well with my dealer service manager so I might just ask. Can't hurt especially as the model is coming to an end.
Cheers

Thanks. No harm in asking. Definitely helps to break up the black interior, particularly accross the glovebox.

Mike Star
13-03-2008, 04:54 PM
My Dealer doesn't have the Satin Silver Trim Garnish in stock but say if I can get a set from another dealer (and haggle a good price) he will gladly fit it for free for me.

Anyone know of any dealerships in Sydney that have the SS trims in stock?
Thanks!

tony1234
13-03-2008, 05:40 PM
My Dealer doesn't have the Satin Silver Trim Garnish in stock but say if I can get a set from another dealer (and haggle a good price) he will gladly fit it for free for me.

Anyone know of any dealerships in Sydney that have the SS trims in stock?
Thanks!
I'd say you'll have to do a ring around to the dealers.Chances are if they have it in stock they'd want to shift it so they should be interested in doing a deal.

Mike Star
13-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I'd say you'll have to do a ring around to the dealers.Chances are if they have it in stock they'd want to shift it so they should be interested in doing a deal.

I'm going to ring around tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I've sent you a PM re another issue.
Cheers

-[NoS]-
23-01-2012, 07:02 AM
sorry to dig up an old thread.... anyone no the part number for these console trim? i want the silver ones...

roony
23-01-2012, 07:38 AM
edit: didnt see date of thread :\

-[NoS]-
23-01-2012, 09:24 AM
?????

roony
23-01-2012, 10:24 AM
you can ring up a honda dealer and ask them, I did that in the past (dont have the number now). Separate part number for Silver dash trim kit (7 pieces) and door switch/power windows kit (4 pieces)

-[NoS]-
23-01-2012, 02:34 PM
so i called up and got a quote from them...

7 Pieces : $283
4 Pieces : $223

he wouldn't give me a part number...

ill keep ya informed.. :D

roony
23-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I coudnt come around to pay those prices. Ended up getting it from a freshly written off euro for 1/5 the price. Not many have it so very hard to source.