PDA

View Full Version : Problem (damage?) to the driver's window (due to rain?) - please help

2008 Accord Euro
09-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a 07 Euro that is only 3 months old (1,800 km done).

I noticed a problem with the power windows of my Euro as I was driving yesterday. It only applies to the driver's window and the right back passenger's windows. The left windows seem fine at this stage.

The problem is when I turn the windows down, there are small but audible creaking noises. There are no noises when I turn the windows up.

My only guess as to the cause of this would be rain water seeping into to the gap in the door where the window winds down. I drove home on Friday night when it was raining extremely extremely heavily...(not sure if people can remember this), I should have drove into a petrol station and waited til the rain died down a bit but since I was only 10 minutes away from home, I kept going.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do about it? I hope its nothing serious or permanent damage.

Please help as I'm getting rather worried!

Thank you.

yfin
09-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Most Euros seem to do that eventually - drop the window by a few mm (press the down button very slightly) and the creak goes away. THe window should still be closed if you do it properly.

2008 Accord Euro
09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the reply yfin.

Does this creaking noise become permanent?

The window still closes all the way...it only makes the noise when I put it down automatically.

What do you mean by dropping the window by a few mm? By pressing down the button slightly, doesn't that manually put the window down? How does that make the creaking noise go away?

aaronng
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Your window guide rails need a little bit of graphite powder lube. Don't worry about water going into the gap where the window winds down, it is meant to be that way. If you pull out the door trim, you'll see the space for water to go through and a plastic sheet to keep the water from entering the cabin. At the bottom of the door, there are even drainage holes for the water to come out of.

assailant
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
yeah i had my front passenger window graphite lubed when i had it in at the auto electricians last week to have the front passenger central locking repaired.

the window was a bit squeaky on the way down, ok coming up, so i asked em to lube it up. appears all good now.

why dont you get yours looked at when you take it in for your next (first?) honda service?

yfin
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the reply yfin.

Does this creaking noise become permanent?

The window still closes all the way...it only makes the noise when I put it down automatically.

What do you mean by dropping the window by a few mm? By pressing down the button slightly, doesn't that manually put the window down? How does that make the creaking noise go away?

Sorry misread your post - i thought your issue is when the windows are up.

2008 Accord Euro
09-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the replies.

So Graphite Powder lube is the solution - where is it best to get this done? Would it be better to get a mechanic to do it as opposed to the dealer?

I got my 1st service last month so will be a while before I get my next service.

Will this problem get worse if I dont' address it ASAP?

Thanks

aaronng
09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
You can DIY it yourself....