PDA

View Full Version : insurance. . . . who would you recomend

AKILYA666
09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey guys went on a cruise today and got rear ended by a s13(who was rear ended by a old 300z).

Im not insured (neither of them wefre either) rite now so its comin out of my own pocket (grrr) have tried befor wit aami, racq. Ge and shannons(they told me to bother wit em cause my car is not rare enuff) and havnt had much luck wit ne one.

i havnt done that much to my car but still havin a hard time trying to get insurance. Any1 have any recommendations

jay_vtec
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
just cars?

Limbo
09-03-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah justcars, they seem to be the only ones who will insure me ;)
They were cheaper also

AsH_
09-03-2008, 04:30 PM
gen1 300z ??? i hope not!

try vigil insurance... they insure classic and modified cars...

they said they'd insure my civic...

also depends on the year of the car...

call em...

Dy_
09-03-2008, 04:43 PM
try real insurance....they insured mine

AKILYA666
09-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanx yall will call them 2moro. I hope I have sum luck....

markoJEK1
09-03-2008, 09:06 PM
If you think its still too much after chasing up quotes, few of my mates have got their car full comprehensive insured through their parents names, and they are put down as full time drivers of the car, and are paying 500 or so annually? Someone correct me if im wrong or if this is not doable in other states

Lukey
09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
If you think its still too much after chasing up quotes, few of my mates have got their car full comprehensive insured through their parents names, and they are put down as full time drivers of the car, and are paying 500 or so annually? Someone correct me if im wrong or if this is not doable in other states

I do that but still costs nearly 2k a year.

Dy_
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
dont put your name down as a lsited driver.

only thing you risk is in event of an accident and its found to be your fault the excess is like 2000 lol.

Mullensxxx
09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
yeah but for me 19 year old male with 1 driver disquilifaction the excess if i crash even with full comp is 2k i say go it man

sassy_fit_vtit
10-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Hey guys went on a cruise today and got rear ended by a s13(who was rear ended by a old 300z).

Im not insured (neither of them wefre either) rite now so its comin out of my own pocket (grrr) have tried befor wit aami, racq. Ge and shannons(they told me to bother wit em cause my car is not rare enuff) and havnt had much luck wit ne one.

i havnt done that much to my car but still havin a hard time trying to get insurance. Any1 have any recommendations

Your not insured, even for 3rd party.

First of all no one will insure you and represent you for the damages from the accident because they only cover you for the term of the insurance not what happens before or after.

Insure yourself for AT LEAST 3rd party so you have a company to represent you in these circumstances. Then lawyer up because your going to be off to civil court to dispult the matter. given that no other parties had insurance either.

ricki_kalsi
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
You have a Civic?

Try NRMA, AAMI should insure you, Just Car will - however if your not that modded, AAMI will insuure you., GIO etc etc...

Dy_
10-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Why on earth if you where rear ended are you paying for anything? The one in the rear is wrong 99.99% of the time and they should be paying for your damage. Or were things dodgy and everyone as they say "Fled the scene".

its like 99.999999999999% person who rear ended you is in the wrong.

as soon as you rear end someone...dnot even think about arguing they were wrong lol.

Drew
10-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Id say its 100%

The dick weed who ran into you should pay you... doesn't matter if someone rear ended him or not

sassy_fit_vtit
10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
actually i've seen it disputed before.
E.g. First car, driver was not licenced or registered or under the influence thus was not supposed to be on the road therefore is at fault.
Failure to give way with a witness statement.

VTECACCORD
11-03-2008, 01:22 PM
So you want to insure a damaged car and claim it ????

Good luck with that one, it's called Fraud get caught you do jail say bye bye to your future