PDA

View Full Version : TypeR-auto coming out?

hogs
09-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know when the Non-Type-R Civic hatch be arriving???

sitta
09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Well there are no news about it. I dont think it will come since the fd is doing well already, and the hatch civic is made in UK and it won't be able to compete with the price of the fd

aidannn
09-03-2008, 09:23 PM
if u want a type r, learn manual, thats the whole point of the badge

hogs
09-03-2008, 09:32 PM
if u want a type r, learn manual, thats the whole point of the badge

It's actually for my sis, she's planning to get a new car next year and so far, TypeR is the ONLY car she loves... but she's can't drive manual and I don't think even if she learns, she will be good at it.(sshhh)
Anywayz, so she searched on the net and found out the Non-Type-R Civic hatch in UK, I think she's been waiting since end of last year. Seems like she's not going to be happy with my answer.

JamB
09-03-2008, 09:39 PM
just like buy it and put type r badge on it and tell her its a type r

aaronng
09-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I think what he meant was his sister wants the 1.8L auto FN1 hatch. And the answer is no, they probably won't start selling it here and it can't be imported through SEVS because of the FN2 Type R. :(

Double R
09-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Or get one of these?

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/1f00000004bfb6c3/1/24/wtL2hqJV4D8ADIoMn-B-pCK2RjmAKOvr.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/ZDPlVvOq3j90R6FS98GXvyo1yAEcgJbq?referrer=hlnk)

denot
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
there's a news in SMH saying that they will bring the UK Civic Hatch to OZ. and no, its not the Type-R... it just a 8th gen civic UK version... dunno when is the actual date though... any dealer ppl can confirm?

moons
10-03-2008, 09:02 PM
there's a news in SMH saying that they will bring the UK Civic Hatch to OZ

I certainly hope not - The Type R is a unique shape on our roads and I for one hope it stays that way!

And besides, people who can't drive a manual shouldn't be given licenses, let alone Type Rs. :thumbdwn:

[ricer]
10-03-2008, 09:11 PM
And besides, people who can't drive a manual shouldn't be given licenses
:thumbdwn::thumbdwn: 2u lol

moons
10-03-2008, 09:17 PM
;1577114']:thumbdwn::thumbdwn: 2u lol

It's not rocket science: Clutch in > select gear > release clutch + accelerate!

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn: :p

UNLS1
10-03-2008, 09:20 PM
lol an auto type r would have to be the worst car ever to drive!

Rodney
11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Thats what i read on the drive section of SMH ages ago, they will sell the FN1 in Australia from the UK to compete eith other hatch but i think that might have change due to poor sales of FNR..

Drew
11-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Pay for a driving instructor to teach her how to drive a manual... Buy her a manual car to drive for a few months just a cheap one...

Problem solved for the rest of her natural life

denot
11-03-2008, 09:22 AM
hey all... who put the title "TypeR-auto" anyway, its NOT CTR!!! it just a Civic Hatch made in England. whoever saying that this new Civic Hatch is a
CTR-auto is like saying Civic Sports (or even VTi) is an FD2R-auto!!!! Oh, they didnt say its going to be "AUTO" as well... there will be Civic Hatc manual and auto, and it has 1.8L engine. http://www.honda.co.uk/car/ then select "Civic 5 doors"

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
And besides, people who can't drive a manual shouldn't be given licenses, let alone Type Rs. :thumbdwn:

Your a knob, not a gear stick knob either.

I'm sure more people choose to not learn manual rather then those who can't get the hang of it.
What's wrong with using a car as a method of transport, rather than thinking you're Super Saiyan Goku in Tokyo Drift?

If you want to look cool, drive a manual, accelerate then stop a bit, so it seems like you are changing gears :p

People on the outside won't know the difference.

Not a hard concept to grasp.

Chi
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
They will notice its auto when they floor it or have an exhaust.

it sounds like mishifting in manual in an auto when u floor it lol

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 12:10 PM

lol

That's when tinted windows come in handy :p

denot
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
If you want to look cool, drive a manual, accelerate then stop a bit, so it seems like you are changing gears :p

or pretend to stop the engine on hills or on red lights

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
or pretend to stop the engine on hills or on red lights

lol that's right.

I think we should put together a FAQ on how to look like your driving a manual, in an auto car...

Hill start in auto ftw!

kn1ghtm4r3
11-03-2008, 12:19 PM
lololz at auto type R ahahah

at least if its like the golf gti dsg it'd be reasonable i guess. although the dsg is quicker in shifts then manual is it not

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 12:26 PM
at least if its like the golf gti dsg it'd be reasonable i guess. although the dsg is quicker in shifts then manual is it not

Auto shifts faster than all! :p

kn1ghtm4r3
11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
LOLOL but is the slowest of all ahaah

ktvin09
11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I personally never get why people think they're better just because they drive a manual... It's like saying "I don't use microwave to defrost my meat pie... I put it under the sun"

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 12:37 PM
LOLOL but is the slowest of all ahaah

Not if the manual driver is too busy posing :p No offence Moon :p

moons
11-03-2008, 01:08 PM

Do you write your own material?

denot
11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
seriously man... why do we always off topic here???? =S

back to topic ffs!!!

moons
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Not if the manual driver is too busy posing :p No offence Moon :p

No. While we change gears, you have all the time in the world to pose. :p

In all seriousness, my comment was not about driving a manual, but knowing how to. Case in point: In an emergency if you need to drive a manual and you can't you are screwed.

I'm saying that it should be part of your driving test and I can't think of a good reason why it isn't.

cracker
11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
What's wrong with using a car as a method of transport, rather than thinking you're Super Saiyan Goku in Tokyo Drift?

hahahahhahahah super saiyan!!!!

I personally never get why people think they're better just because they drive a manual... It's like saying "I don't use microwave to defrost my meat pie... I put it under the sun"

these are 2 very funny comments...i enjoyed reading them...i respect both of these men:thumbsup:

EuroDude
11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
ROFL @ Type-R Auto (unless it has 6 gears :p)

That is all.

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Do you write your own material?

I'll be here all week! *bows*
My biography + additional material is on sale at all leading book stores.

No. While we change gears, you have all the time in the world to pose. :p

I stand by the belief that only women can multi-task :p

In all seriousness, my comment was not about driving a manual, but knowing how to. Case in point: In an emergency if you need to drive a manual and you can't you are screwed.

I'm saying that it should be part of your driving test and I can't think of a good reason why it isn't.

Fair enough.

However, I can't think of a good reason why you would need to purchase a manual car in the first place. Wouldn't it be ideal if all cars were automatic?

Besides, what are the chances of you being stuck in the desert with a manual car and a full tank of petrol?
The chances of needing to drive a manual car in the case of an emergency is too slim, to force it upon those who can't be bothered.

There are plenty of what-if scenarios that should be covered off, but it's not realistic.

Felix
11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
The chances of needing to drive a manual car in the case of an emergency is too slim, to force it upon those who can't be bothered.

Your kidding aren't you??

My brother and his (now) wife went 4WDing down some tracks to go romantic bush walking in my brothers manual Hilux when they first met. While bush walking my brother was bitten by a red belly (for those city folks - a highly venomous snake) just below his right knee. No mobile reception, and about 10kms to a sealed road, about 30kms to a hospital/doctors. Luckily they were only a few metres away from the vehicle. But what my brother now finds out is that his new girlfriend has NEVER driven a manual vehicle before. BUGGER!
He was able to give her quick instructions and she got them within mobile reception (in about 45mins when it should have only taken around 5mins max) where he called a mate who lived nearby and took him to the hospital. Almost lost his leg, but luckily didn't. If it had of been a brown snake he would of easily died or been seriously injured due to the extra time taken.

As a less serious case, what if you and your girlfriend (friends/brother/sister whoever) are out somewhere in your manual car, you want to have a few drinks, or you feel sick/tired etc. ?

Wouldn't it be ideal if all cars were automatic?

No!! because people like me who live just out of the big smoke refuse to own automatic cars. I hate them, I "feel" like i have no control of the vehicle.
The only way i would own an auto is if i travelled in sydney traffic everyday, which isnt going to happen...
I guess you would also want all motor bikes to be automatic too?

but she's can't drive manual and I don't think even if she learns, she will be good at it.(sshhh)

Try to teach her, i taught my girlfriend to drive a manual by giving her a short lesson every 2nd night, she picked it up perfectly within 3 weeks.
And trust me, she was at the time the most goofy driver you will ever meet...

aaronng
11-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Besides, what are the chances of you being stuck in the desert with a manual car and a full tank of petrol?

Almost 100%. Almost all vehicles used to cross a desert are manual (and 4x4).

Can't be bothered = 3 words that make you lose out compared to the rest of the population who succeed in life/career/family. I'm not talking about driving manual here, but everything else in daily life.

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Your kidding aren't you??

My brother and his (now) wife went 4WDing down some tracks to go romantic bush walking

Read my post again mate. How many people around the world, go bush walking and get bitten by a snake?

Does that mean EVERYONE would need to know how to drive a manual car?

The argument was: people who learn to drive should learn how to drive manual.

Why should everyone who wants to drive, need to learn to drive manual because one in say, a few thousand people ,may go bush walking and may get bitten by a snake?

It's like sayin, everyone in the world needs to learn First Aid, give CPR and carry a box of Hello Kitty band aids, just in case you fall over, cut your leg and stop breathing.

You thinking is too narrow minded and only cater for a small minority.

As a less serious case, what if you and your girlfriend (friends/brother/sister whoever) are out somewhere in your manual car, you want to have a few drinks, or you feel sick/tired etc. ?

If I plan on drinking, I'd organise transport. If I end up feeling sick, we always have the option of catching a Taxi.

Again, does this scenario require that EVERYONE who learns to drive, need to learn manual? No.

No!! because people like me who live just out of the big smoke refuse to own automatic cars. I hate them, I "feel" like i have no control of the vehicle.

I used the words NEED for a reason. Your statement was about your personal choice.

The only way i would own an auto is if i travelled in sydney traffic everyday, which isnt going to happen...
I guess you would also want all motor bikes to be automatic too?

So just because you don't travel in Sydney traffic, the rest of us HAVE to learn manual? A tad selfish ain't it?

And trust me, she was at the time the most goofy driver you will ever meet...

It's not about whether or not a person can learn it. The argument revolves around whether it not it should be mandetory. I'm sure a majority of people who drive Auto only can learn how to drive manual. They choose NOT to because their daily lifestyle doesn't REQUIRE it.

I agree, it would be handy for everyone who drives learns to drive manual, however it's not realistic nor is it required.

Almost 100%. Almost all vehicles used to cross a desert are manual (and 4x4).

I'm sure theres a higher population of people who don't live in the desert. Why make EVERYONE learn manual because of the minority?

Edit: What are the chances of you being in the desert in the first place?

Can't be bothered = 3 words that make you lose out compared to the rest of the population who succeed in life/career/family. I'm not talking about driving manual here, but everything else in daily life.

I agree with that.

aaronng
11-03-2008, 02:52 PM
This debate over learning to drive manual actually stems from the option of having your driving test done in an auto. In quite a few countries, cars used for driving tests must be manuals.

Anyway, if you can't drive manual, no biggie, just call for a cab if it is an emergency. It's not the end of the world if someone can't drive manual like how Felix makes it out to be.

dc2dc2dc2
11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
lol @ arguments

how are any of the above posts 'technically' got to do with the civic ?

makes me funnehz

Whispaa
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
lol @ arguments

how are any of the above posts 'technically' got to do with the civic ?

makes me funnehz

Don't make me edit all of my posts and add the word Civic in each one :p

Felix
11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I dont think it should be mandatory in Aus to learn to drive a manual.
But I do think its a bit odd that someone won't buy a particular car which they really like because its only in manual and they "can't be bothered to learn"..
Maybe I come from a different background to most of you guys. In my region about 95% of cars are manual, and friends are often required to drive other friends cars for short trips etc. Not always that they *have* to, but more of a convenience thing.

(civic)

Another big what-if.
We were talking about this the other day, my boss recently leased a fleet of 35 various model hilux's, to be shared amongst 80 odd shift workers. He got all of them in manual as it would of cost him around $30k a year extra to get autos. That would have been a massive pain in the arse if one person couldn't drive a manual, he would of had to purchased all in auto. As 1 particular car cannot be guaranteed/held to one person.
He also leases camrys for city temp staff, all in manual, a requirement for these reps when starting the job is that they can drive a manual as there are no auto cars.

I'm not trying to make out that its such a big thing if someone cannot drive a manual, but there may come a time in life where you just have to drive one, for the small amount of time it takes to learn, one might aswell learn while young(ish).

Double R
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Learn to ride a bike!

If everyone knew how a bike feels and responds then car drivers would watch out for them more. Sickens me the amount of car drivers tailgating motorcycles and changing lanes erratically without double checking blind spots for bikes.

Felix
11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Sickens me the amount of car drivers tailgating motorcycles and changing lanes erratically without double checking blind spots for bikes.

That sickens me too, but what sickens me even more are the idiots who hoon around on road bikes wearing boardies and a singlet...
Also a good bike rider should anticipate most the time that car drivers will do this sort of stuff, i know I do when on 2 wheels. Most don't.

denot
11-03-2008, 07:53 PM
WTH??? we still continue debating about EVERYTHING that has NOTHING to do with the topic? also, whoever create the topic title is not reading the news correctly!!!!

cracker
11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
i blame george bush for all of this...long live castro!

Mingy
12-03-2008, 03:47 AM

Yeah sometimes i do that in my auto car. i accelerate hard then let go. so it looks like im changing gears. also i do the whole neutral, let go and then D on steeps so the car rolls back. sorry to burst your bubbles AUTO FANBOYS but GOD I HATE AUTOMATIC!

I think you can tell if its auto when the person parks. You slot it in P, but going pass R is inevitable which means theres a brief section the Reverse lights show @ back.

Mingy
12-03-2008, 03:52 AM
WTH??? we still continue debating about EVERYTHING that has NOTHING to do with the topic? also, whoever create the topic title is not reading the news correctly!!!!

i love these threads. seriously everyones just a crack up. including you denot LOL :p

Whispaa
12-03-2008, 04:35 AM
WTH??? we still continue debating about EVERYTHING that has NOTHING to do with the topic?

i blame george bush for all of this...long live castro!

:thumbsup: George Bush should support Auto Type R's!

sorry to burst your bubbles AUTO FANBOYS but GOD I HATE AUTOMATIC!

zomgwtfbbq? you HATE automatic? my life is ovahz! /faint

btw lookie here > http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=sarcasm

I don't think the guys here are actually doing all that. Driving manual isn't as cool as smoking :cool:

BUT! If you are :thumbsup::thumbsup: for trying! :p

I think you can tell if its auto when the person parks. You slot it in P, but going pass R is inevitable which means theres a brief section the Reverse lights show @ back.

That's right you Auto drivers! Better park rear to curb in case someone is looking next time!

aidannn
12-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Or get one of these?

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/1f00000004bfb6c3/1/24/wtL2hqJV4D8ADIoMn-B-pCK2RjmAKOvr.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/ZDPlVvOq3j90R6FS98GXvyo1yAEcgJbq?referrer=hlnk)

hahhhaha ive seen that car before

denot
12-03-2008, 09:57 AM
hahhhaha ive seen that car before

i was behind the similar car (lancer Type R) yesterday... but with ACT number plate :confused:

Mingy
12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
:thumbsup: George Bush should support Auto Type R's!

zomgwtfbbq? you HATE automatic? my life is ovahz! /faint

btw lookie here > http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=sarcasm

I don't think the guys here are actually doing all that. Driving manual isn't as cool as smoking :cool:

BUT! If you are :thumbsup::thumbsup: for trying! :p

That's right you Auto drivers! Better park rear to curb in case someone is looking next time!

Oh Mei God.....You F**king Blowjob!

UNLS1
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
is this thread still going??

why?....

Whispaa
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh Mei God.....You F**king Blowjob!

Blowjobs are good, right boys?
:thumbsup:

That makes me good :thumbsup:

Your so sweet Mingy :o

Disclaimer: It is calling me a blowjob, not saying I'm giving one.

aaronng
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Closed due to blowjobs.